Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

Almark

Moderator
  • Posts

    690
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by Almark

  1. Davy, why not get some cheap, but fast hosting? I can advise, it you are interested.
  2. I get access denied when I try to dl, will try the mac verson which of course was no use on my pc ;-)
  3. As you can imagine the 'Happy New Year' was just as sad as Christmas. Since my last post I have received, privately, a number of messages from PTE forum members. Some were short and simple, others were lengthy and detailed the empathy of similar situations. I am fully aware that we are not alone in our grief. Indeed: I have 'only' lost a son, but one member outlined how he had lost two children, two years apart. Many of the emails brought tears. As I read them out to my wife, she asked - who are these guys? I tried to explain what the PTE Forum was about and that while I had never met them in person we had been in touch exchanging views and comments about our PTE slideshows. I must tell you all that she was incredulous, that simply because I had offered some feedback on the forum that folk would want to go out of their way to offer their thoughts (and sometimes - prayers.) Indeed some members had seen this thread and felt that they should just say something. So, again may I thank you all for allowing me to use the forum as a way of coming to terms that Robert is gone and will not be coming back. And may I again thank those who have offered support. It has and continues to help us.
  4. I hit the Esc key after 30 secs.
  5. Great photography, and good music.
  6. Thanks Davy.
  7. Sound updated, with Magix Audio Cleaner Lab.
  8. I see you are still up burning the midnight hours! We all look forward to seeing you soon at the CC.
  9. Oh Brother! How art thou? That Ken gets everywhere, vandal :-) Thanks Davy, it brought a smile on new years eve, when I didn't have much to smile about. A most welcome and enjoyable diversion. Thanks again.
  10. Thanks Davy, I never thought of that. I was thinking of using my iTouch Voice recorder, but clearly John's DAT would offer a much higher quality. When I lost the laptop I lost not only the pte files but also the aup files and only had a early version of the mp3 final. The sound that was with the original version was all re done in wav and then cleaned in Magix Audio Cleaning lab before converting to mp3 and that is the file that is missing. Doing it again is the best approach. It means I can add some of the photos that work well in the HD landscape format, that I didn't use before. In this HC+D version some eagle eyed members at the CC noticed that I had removed the Northern Lights pics and replaced then with others. For someone who has a regular back up approach for all my raws, I have now added a routine to zip ptes as projects and save them off to externals and the cloud. We all look forward to seeing you soon at the CC, I am sure you must be missing the abuse and disparaging remarks we love to offer our CooperMan ;-)
  11. Davy, good to hear from you. It looks like I will have to re do the narration. The HD format suits the landscapes, and although the blends are not as good as the original version no one at the CC noticed - although Jack wasn't there ;-) John B lent me a great Sony DAT device but it doesn't connect to a PC. He has to connect it to his main sound machine at work and then save it off. Might be worth trying. Funny enough John was asking about your this evening, he thought you might still be trapped under his floorboards - whatever that means!
  12. Maureen, I showed this to a few folk at the camera club and they were impressed. While they thought the music was most appropriate, it was the photography that caught their interest ;-)
  13. For me AV's are all about the photography. I enjoyed the show and thought the photography was, as usual, of a high standard. Yet another one of your AV's that I will be showing to members of my camera club. While we enjoy the funny ones, and the odd documentary style, what we really like to see is good photography, proudly displayed in AV slideshow. Well done!
  14. Hi Davy, I enjoyed the show. mark
  15. Ken, thank you, you are too kind ;-)
  16. Lennart, I did this Voyage in December. As soon as we crossed the Arctic circle we were on the top of the world! I would like to do it again in Summer. But be aware that this is not a cruise. You do not arrive at a port and have much time to go out and explore. In some cases you only have 30 mins! Indeed sometimes the stop is only for a few minutes and passengers cannot get off.
  17. Mary, I never thought or expected that my laptop would be stolen. While I was on holiday, my grown up children had a party and it just 'disappeared' ;-) I had hidden the laptop and the power leads in different places. It had a bios password, hard disk password and windows Xp Pro password. So they didn't get any of my stuff, they would have had to remove the HD, format it and install a new OS. While I have many back ups, the pte file was on the laptop. Lesson learned! The sound on this AV is poor, there are a number of parts that a hiss can be heard. I had cleaned it, but again the final good version was on the laptop. Thank you for your feedback.
  18. Ken, thank you. In the original version here I had spent many hours getting the sound sorted, as it was my first attempt with narration. Also, the blends in 4:3, getting the bright spots to coalesce, were perfect, but in HD they are slightly out. Despite this, it clearly shows as one judge explained: "it does exactly what it says on the tin" - a Norway Coastal Voyage."
  19. Christmas 2009 was grim, but we were helped somewhat by the kind words, by email, from many PTE Forum members. My wife and I want to thank all you who, privately, sent us words of encouragement and support. It was very much appreciated. Thank you.
  20. This is a re work. Sadly my laptop was stolen and it contained all my images, sound files etc. However; I have been able to recover some of the sound files and had my raws backed up. So this is a HD version at 1920x1080. 42MB Norway Coastal Voyage HD
  21. John, thank you for your detailed feedback. You were one of many that offered kind advice and support. I took all the 'advice' and used it as I saw fit.
  22. Also on older pro show exe's It is like a buzz on the transition. I have updated my video and audio drivers for Win7, but I still get the cracks and pops.
  23. I find 'blips' and 'squeaks' when playing my (and others's) pte exe's on Win7 64 bit. Anyone else?
  24. Some time ago I was using ProShow and someone told me about PTE. So I did a simple, non scientific experiment and did two AV's; one with ProShow and one with PTE. I was aware that Proshow would often default to medium quality so I changed all the settings to high quality. The result was enough, for me, and many others at my camera club to change to PTE. We liked the sharpness and saturation , and the fade details produced - above that what ProShow could do. So my early stuff was done in ProShow but my later stuff has all been done in PTE. However; we must all consider our audience. While I post my AV's here and on Beechbrook, the intended audience is me, my family, and my camera club - who are more interested in the photography than any fancy effects. Clearly; all products must evolve and try and get one step above and beyond the nearest competitor. If PTE V6 is trying to compete with other similar programs, that is fair enough. The purpose of selling a product is to make money. So; perhaps the owners of PTE should consider their audience. Maybe conduct a survey to discover why people use PTE over other products and what effects they regularly use? I agree with Barry, just look at the recent submitted PTE AV's to this forum and consider how many are using the effects above and beyond V4.8? More cats and more pigeons :-)
  25. I like the way it fills my full HD monitors at 1920x1080 on my main pc (26" monitor) and laptop (18" screen) - without any interpolation or stretching. I also like the wide screen ratio of 16:9 which works particularly well with landscapes. However I noticed the biggest difference when it was projected, using a full HD projector.
×
×
  • Create New...