-
Posts
749 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
4
Everything posted by trailertrash
-
The sole purpose of my visit to France, was to visit the V1 and V2 launch sites. I got more than I expected. This is an amazing place. Eerie yet enjoyable. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. NB: Unfortunately my wheelchair wouldnt handle the terain, so it was crutches and legs. I apologise in advance for everything being at eye level. 42 slides 7 minutes 4 secs 1 sound track [created with Audacity] freeplaymusic.com All images are copyright to me. Please do not download this presentation if you are upset or offended by WW2 material. Direct Link: http://www.trailertrashaudiovisual.com/Blockhaus.exe mac version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6yk62z16twirv6s Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mf8gjx0sk9di8l8
-
France...my favourite place to visit. I just got back from Eperleques after a great visit there. I recognise the Omaha beach sculpture. Hope you had a good holiday. Andrew
-
I also visited St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh's High Street. Lots to see and if you buy a ticket for photography [£2] lots to photograph. Very low light. ISO 1600 [i wish I had even 1 stop more...Santa are you listening?] 17 slides double sided. 3 mins:6 secs Nothing fancy just very relaxing I think. PC Version : http://www.mediafire.com/?1w7kbe5s8n8vhef Mac Version : http://www.mediafire.com/?xh2kd09hxmb6773 Stay safe and well for the next ten days guys. I'm leaving for France at 20:00hrs. Andrew
-
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
Fair comment Ken, and maybe a case for putting up cut down versions of the final article, or even the project files. However, when would you consider a show finished? I know Lin and Barry and Peter and Dom to mention a few know exactly when a show is ready but I dont have that experience yet. I keep coming back and back till I'm getting fed up. Andrew -
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
Isnt it just amazing and interesting how every show, throws up a new subject for discussion. I learn something new from every step I take here. I constructed Tattoo to run at 13 seconds per slide with a 3 second 'page turn' time giving the viewer 10 seconds on each double page which [i thought] gave 5 seconds for each page. That was my thought process. I didnt really want manual control but forgot to turn it off. oops.Why not, well when I created the RSDG book, using the manual controls the music got way out of place and I dont have the knowledge yet to prevent that. Thats something I must get into. However those books have been a massive tutorial in learning other aspects of the programme, so in that respect they were worth doing. However, I still say this forum needs a work in progress or Beta section for posting part or short shows for just such information. Thank you all for the kind encouragement and I'm very glad you enjoyed Tattoo. [im off to France for a week tomorrow so hopefully when I get back....] Andrew -
Xaver, I didnt understand the commentry but I didnt need to. The photography spoke for itself. I really like the effect you applied to. Entirely appropiate. Good music at the right volume. All together a very very enjoyable show. Andrew
-
As part of our trip to Edinburgh for the Tattoo, we visited the Royal Yacht. It is an amazing sight to see, but someone should have told them the 50s actually ended and your allowed to update your furniture. On the surface it looks very posh but if you look closely its actually a bit tatty. Its wheelchair accessable and my attendant was allowed on free of charge. I paid £ 10.50. My chair being electric proved more than capable of getting me thro the ship and access to the various decks is via lifts [outside the ship but under cover] or stairs. There's a restraunt in the old Royal tea room and a fudge shop of all things on the Marine Barracks deck. All things considered well worth the money and the time. PC Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?ofqu8mj820g1ux7 Mac Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?xjfmh95qvv97dw6 28 meg 50 slides 6 minutes 49 secs 3 indivual sound tracks. Andrew
-
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
Understood Barry. In future if I use that book again, I'll turn off keyboard control. [Theres so much to learn] Andrew -
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
OK Ron. Changes noted. Many thanks Andrew -
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
Barry, I've checked and rechecked, I dont have any music after the March off slide. I unchecked all the options to loop etc and I have nothing after that slide. I intended to make a DVD for the club night cause they are a bunch of fuddy duddies who dont really like .exe's. In fact if your an exe contributor your contribution is held till the end after the 'real' shows are finished. Also the club laptop is graphics weak and some of the shows [exe's] I've seen dont run well on it. Andrew -
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
Thanks Ron, I'm kinda addicted to the template now.... -
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
Thats a compliment indeed Lennart. Many thanks my friend. Andrew -
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
Thanks Paul, The book is my own design of Barry's template. Well worth having. Andrew -
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
Thanks Ken, Those pieces are best enjoyed at volume. Didnt mean to deafen you tho. -
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
trailertrash replied to trailertrash's topic in Slideshows & AV Shows
Barry, That piece ends with a sudden drop in the notes. Its written that way. Would you still fade it? Also whats meant by a programmed show? Is that where the viewer has no control over the show? If so, I made it that way cause I want to create a DVD of this for the Camera club AV evening. Maybe one day you'll get the chance to come back over and pay a visit to the Tattoo. I'd recommend it to anyone. Andrew -
I visit the Tattoo every year without fail. Its an event I would not miss. This ' programme ' is created from an original template by Beckham Digital. pc version: http://www.mediafire.com/?b3xtk9ea484ccc7 Mac Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?1z81ucq86rvq57e Comments and advice are always welcome. Andrew
-
Much as I have enjoyed this debate, I'm off for a week to Edinburgh to the Tattoo. Hopefully when I come back I'll have some images worth creating a show out of. Best to all. Andrew
-
" These fancy effects do have a role to play: in the right place, at the right time, for the right reason. " But how are us mere mortals gonna know unless the more experienced workers tell us?
-
Thanks Barry. That explains it.
-
Very nice work Daniel. Near where we live we get the UK harley owners club annual rally every year. Would you beleive Ive never been to see it. Maybe next year tho. Andrew
-
Very informative Barry. Just one question...if 1920 x 1200 is 16:10 how come it doesnt fill a 1920 x 1080 16:9 monitor?
-
Peter, congrats on a very informative show. I hope its well received in the display. Your use of PTE's various functions is outstandin. So Smooth. Andrew
-
WOW. Isnt imagination wonderful. Loved it Davy
-
But Barry, they're allowed to be OK but not great. They dont have to be. On this forum, if you ask a specific question, you will get a very detailed answer on how to use the software. Thats great. That teaches me. However if a flaw is percieved in a sequence I put up, I'm sorry to say but I expect the same. Tell me whats wrong and how to fix it. So many times I've put pictures up on photography forums to be told this is wrong or that is wrong. Fine, I'm there to learn, but also tell me how to fix it. Thats what I need. We all seek perfection, but I know my capabilities. I am however capable of pushing myself on if I know how its done. Now I'm as guilty as the rest in giving ' good work ' comments simply because I dont have the expertise to give detailed comments. BTW if I could produce work you consider OK but not great I'd be a very happy man. Andrew
-
Wow and Wow again. Thats brilliant. Andrew