WnSoft Forums

Show returns to first slide...

goddi

Gary,

Would you please just post/attach a copy of the .pte file that is creating this issue ... so we can have a more detailed look at the file settings. Lets save some energy :P

Do not include images or music resources.

Also ... what exact version of PTE are you now building with this project file ?

=======================

John and Nobeefstu...

I am using 5.6.4. I am attaching the .pte file for the Spanish version that has only one music file (and it does not have your Startup window file) to make it simplier.

Thanks for looking at it.

Gary

Added later... I forgot to zip it so look at the next couple postings below...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gary

...Until then I'm wondering if this is a problem with something else you have running on your PC at the same time, anti-virus etc.

Try turning anything you may have running in the background off

WARNING disconnect the Internet connection before you turn off the anti-virus and turn the anti-virus program back on before you reconnect the Internet.

=========

John... I have had my antivirus portion ('checking of files when they are opened or copied') of my SystemSuite turned off for a long time since it was causing the other problem of locking up the PTE program when I ran the Create Exe. The SystemSuite people just gave up on trying to fix that problem. I disabled the Active Protection, too. But I still got the problem. :( :( :(

Gary

Gary,

If it possible please send all source files of your project where you can observe this problem. It seems to be a combinations of parameters and times which cause this issue. The problem definitely in PicturesToExe.

Gary

The only difference I can see in your project options is the "close show after last slide" box isn't ticked?

===========

That is interesting. I do have it ticked in the Project Options. See attached.

Gary

Added later.... Ooopppss. I misread your reply. Yes, I want to 'Keep last slide on the screen.'

KeepLastSlide.doc

Gary/Eric

I think you guys are confusing one another. Gary doesn't want to close the show at its end. He wants to keep the last slide on the screen when the show ends. Gary, what you have got "ticked" is correct for what you want to do.

Like, John (jfa), I have also tried to recreate your problem with v5.52, v5.64 and v5.70beta3. And like John, I have failed.

Igor (post #30 above) seems to think it is a possible bug in PTE, so let's leave things to him and Gary to work on for a while.

regards,

Peter

Gary/Eric

I think you guys are confusing one another. Gary doesn't want to close the show at its end. He wants to keep the last slide on the screen when the show ends. Gary, what you have got "ticked" is correct for what you want to do.

Like, John (jfa), I have also tried to recreate your problem with v5.52, v5.64 and v5.70beta3. And like John, I have failed.

Igor (post #30 above) seems to think it is a possible bug in PTE, so let's leave things to him and Gary to work on for a while.

regards,

Peter

============

Peter... I think I was not quite awake this morning when I responded to Yatchsman1. You are correct.

I am not sure if Igor wants more than the .pte file that I already posted. I asked him if he needs the 'Backup in Zip'. I am not sure how to send that large file to him, so I am waiting a response from him.

Thanks for all of your help.

Gary

Gary,

To send a large file, use a file hosting service such as MediaFire. You upload the file to them, they give you a URL unique to that file and you copy and paste the URL into an e-mail to Igor. He can then download the file from the hosting service.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter/Gary

I'm not trying to confuse anybody, I reported what I saw. See attached s/shot.

Incidentally, Gary you mention your slide timings are set at 4secs, in the timeline view they vary and are not consistant.

Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-1247575499_thumb.jpg

Gary,

To send a large file, use a file hosting service such as MediaFire. You upload the file to them, they give you a URL unique to that file and you copy and paste the URL into an e-mail to Igor. He can then download the file from the hosting service.

regards,

Peter

=============

Peter/Ken...

I just tried it and sent the link to Igor. I usually prefer to FTP directly to the person, but I keep forgetting about MediaFire.

Thanks. Gary

Hi Peter/Gary

I'm not trying to confuse anybody, I reported what I saw. See attached s/shot.

Incidentally, Gary you mention your slide timings are set at 4secs, in the timeline view they vary and are not consistant.

Eric

Yachtsman1

===============

Eric...

You don't have to confuse me...I am already confused... ;)

But, in your previous email, it looked like you thought I wanted to "close show after last slide". I do want to keep the last slide on the screen, as your screenshot shows.

Maybe I am doing something entirely wrong in my making of this show. The '4 secs' is just a default that I am ignoring. I first used the 'Auto spread...' just to get all the images spaced out evenly along the selected music. That worked out just about right. But then, I unselected the 'Auto spread...' and went into the Timeline to make minor adjustment to individual slides. So, yes, the Timeline should show an varied timings for some slides. I never clicked on the '4 sec...Set for existing slides'. Am I doing this incorrectly???

But, the fact that the problem also occurs in a completely different slideshow, one made only with 'Auto spread...', makes me think it is a bug in PTE.

Gary

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Gary for sending me source files of this project in ZIP archive. We'll try to investigate this issue.

====================================

Igor,

I created a new slideshow using 5.7 Beta9 and I still get the problem of the last slide not staying on the screen at the end of the show. After the last slide in the show is displayed, it proceeds to show the first slide in the slideshow. This happens in the Preview and when playing the .exe file.

You said you thought it was a bug in the program but it is still happening in the latest beta.

Gary

Gary,

Sorry, we still can't reproduce this situation on our PCs.

======================

Igor,

Thanks for the reply. What is frustrating with this problem is that the situation occurs not only in Preview, but also occurs with the .exe file.

I just ran the .exe file 5 times on my PC. The ending of the slideshow flipped over to the first slide at various and inconsistent times. The first time it took 1:47 (one minute and 47 seconds) to flip to the first slide; the next 4 times, it took: 0:25, :023; :57; and 1:14.

It seems to me that since it occurs in the .exe file, there must be a bug in the program (maybe just my program or my PC)???? Just my guess. And it seems to be only happening to me on my PC. :(

Later today, I was also able to play this same .exe slideshow on a laptop to see what would happen and the problem did NOT occur. So is it possible for my PC to be changing how the PTE's .exe file plays??? I didn't think that this would be possible.

I just tried another test. I dumped all of the music files and reduced the slideshow to only 3 slides. The .pte and the .exe of this 3-slide slideshow will flip to the first slide after the end of the show (not necessarily immediately, but after a short time period). So I am completely at a lose of what is going on.

I am willing to do any other tests but I have run out of ideas.

Any ideas???

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

1) Please send me your simple test project (source files) with 3 slides and no music where you also see this problem. Please use highly different images (colors) to make sure that we really see first slide.

2) As I understood flipping to first slide happens after 23-90 seconds after last slide was shown on the screen?

3) When the first slide suddenly appears - it stayed on the screen for all time or disappears quickly like a flash?

4) The first slide has transition effect - when first slide appears after last slide - what time point do you observe - at beginning of transition effect or at the end of transition effect?

5) What version of Windows you have intalled where the problem exists?

Thank you in advance!

Igor...see inserted replies below...

Gary,

1) Please send me your simple test project (source files) with 3 slides and no music where you also see this problem. Please use highly different images (colors) to make sure that we really see first slide.

See attached ZIP file. The Text Comments are set to show Slide Numbers. The first slide also has "Prague" in text. I used 5.7 Beta9.

2) As I understood flipping to first slide happens after 23-90 seconds after last slide was shown on the screen?

Yes. Sometimes it happens in only seconds after the last slide appears; sometimes it takes a couple minutes to appear.

3) When the first slide suddenly appears - it stayed on the screen for all time or disappears quickly like a flash?

When the first slide appears after the end of the show, it stays on the screen, it does not disappear.

4) The first slide has transition effect - when first slide appears after last slide - what time point do you observe - at beginning of transition effect or at the end of transition effect?

The transition of the last slide completes before the first slide appears.

5) What version of Windows you have installed where the problem exists?

I have Windows XP, SP2.

I am also working with Brian (Conflow) to see if there are any Trojans causing this problem. Thanks for your help, Igor.

Gary...

Thank you in advance!

CzechRep-Only 2009-TEST_Aug20-2009_10-35-09.zip

Igor... Thanks for reproducing the problem. I thought I might be going off the deep end! "How is it possible???...." I have asked the same question a million time... :rolleyes:

I hope you can figure out exactly what is happening!!!!

Super Thanks... Gary

===================

Thanks, Gary!

I finally reproduced this problem on my two PCs at home with your attached project!

Really it's a funny bug - how it possible?!

We'll try fix it quickly now.

Gary,

Please try special pre-beta 11 which should fix this bug. Let me know about result.

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/picturestoexe-beta_prebeta11.zip

===========================

Igor... I tested the 3-slide sideshow in Beta 11 and the problem seems to have been cured!!!!

I tried many times. I also let it sit on the last slide for a long time and it did NOT revert to the 1st slide. I tried it in Preview and as the .exe. No problems.

Thanks so much for fixing it. Please let me know how this could happen in an .exe file. I am just curious, if it is not too technical. What was intriguing is that the flipping to the 1st slide was not consistent...sometimes it took only seconds, other times, minutes. And, why did it only happen to my slideshows? Was it just a combination of how I set up my slideshow???

Thanks again for looking into this.

Sincerely, Gary