WnSoft Forums

Can PTE fade music at the end of show

Bill Artman

I am using PTE Deluxe 5.5. When I make a slide show with many images I set the time interval for new slides to 5 second per slide. I do not check the box to auto spread the slides along music. I also have the Clsoe show aftger last slide checked because I don't want the last slide to remain on the screen until the music runs out.

When the slide show ends before the music ends the music cuts off without any fade. Is there a way to make PTE fade the music out on the last slide?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Bill,

Sorry, no control over volume or fade in PTE yet, but of course as you probably know you can fade in one of the free sound editors such as Audacity then re-load the exported mp3 into PTE.

We expect to see some rudimentary sound control in later versions of PTE but right now the development team has its hands full with the new features such as output to dual monitors, output to native MacIntosh, 3D transformations, ability to create and adjust masks internally, ability to add borders, the new vectorized fonts, etc., etc.

Best regards,

Lin

...We expect to see some rudimentary sound control in later versions of PTE but right now the development team has its hands full with the new features such as output to dual monitors, output to native MacIntosh, 3D transformations, ability to create and adjust masks internally, ability to add borders, the new vectorized fonts, etc., etc....

It is nice to see all these new features. On the other hand I really do regret that the audio part the new version remains to be so minimalist(ic).

Regards,

Xaver

...When the slide show ends before the music ends the music cuts off without any fade. Is there a way to make PTE fade the music out on the last slide...

Music that has been died off at the end of the show is in most cases not a good solution. Normally it is better to have cross-fades at appropriate positions inside the show, while the final piece of music should come to its normal end.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Bill,

Sorry, no control over volume or fade in PTE yet, but of course as you probably know you can fade in one of the free sound editors such as Audacity then re-load the exported mp3 into PTE.

We expect to see some rudimentary sound control in later versions of PTE but right now the development team has its hands full with the new features such as output to dual monitors, output to native MacIntosh, 3D transformations, ability to create and adjust masks internally, ability to add borders, the new vectorized fonts, etc., etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin;

Thanks for your answer. I have Audacity installed on my machine but have never really tried to use it. I will look at it now as all I need to do is to make the song shorter and then add a fade out.

Have great day!

Music that has been died off at the end of the show is in most cases not a good solution. Normally it is better to have cross-fades at appropriate positions inside the show, while the final piece of music should come to its normal end.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver ;

You mention a cross fade - what is that? Is it different than just having the music fade out at the end of the song?

Thanks!

...You mention a cross fade - what is that? Is it different than just having the music fade out at the end of the song...

Bill,

Let us consider an example: Your show may have 2 scenes, and you choose music1 for scene1, music2 for scene2. When the scene changes you change the music, as well. This can be be done with a crossfade (smooth transition): music1 is faded out while music2 is faded in. It wouldn't be bad to have an additional sound effect at that place. The overall timing should be chosen that music2 ends regularly with the sequence of images. This process typically causes some work! By the way, songs (including lyrics) should only be chosen if the lyrics correspond to the images :rolleyes:

Regards,

Xaver

Bill,

Let us consider an example: Your show may have 2 scenes, and you choose music1 for scene1, music2 for scene2. When the scene changes you change the music, as well. This can be be done with a crossfade (smooth transition): music1 is faded out while music2 is faded in. It wouldn't be bad to have an additional sound effect at that place. The overall timing should be chosen that music2 ends regularly with the sequence of images. This process typically causes some work! By the way, songs (including lyrics) should only be chosen if the lyrics correspond to the images :rolleyes:

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver thanks for your great answer! Have a great week!

Hi All,

Not that it's any consolation to anyone ~ but I had been asking for that 'simple fade' feature since V.4.42.

Yee.heavens, how long ago is that, 2004. Since 2006 I had given up on that suggestion....

Perhaps this gentle 'Memory Jog' might re-ignite interest in that considering the Software advances in V5.6?

Brian (Conflow)

Hi All,

Not that it's any consolation to anyone ~ but I had been asking for that 'simple fade' feature since V.4.42.

Yee.heavens, how long ago is that, 2004. Since 2006 I had given up on that suggestion....

Perhaps this gentle 'Memory Jog' might re-ignite interest in that considering the Software advances in V5.6?

Brian (Conflow)

Brian;

I totally agree with you about the "simple fade" feature. I am sure everyone would use it. Today I made a wedding slide show video for one of my clients. The video actually has 7 PTE slideshows, one for each phase of the wedding. I had to calculate the total length of the music for each of the 7 shows then trim the length and add a fade out in Audacity. It took me long time to do that.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Guest Yachtsman1

Bill

Learn to use Audacity, it will solve all your problems and enhance your slide show quality enormously.

There are a lot of us that don't want PTE cluttered with a sound editing facility. Just try Audacity & feel the difference.

You have nothing to lose, & it's free B)

Yachtsman1.

Sorry, but a can not understand , why not sound editing facility?

If you don't want to use it - you must not.

The same thing with pan, mask etc.

For me also, it would be a very, very useful possibility.

Best regards

Adda

I AGREE WITH ERIC

the subject has been dicussed sa many times it is STALE

do your editing outside the program - both graphics and audio

Igor has the feature now to access your default graphics program, maybe he should make the same sort of thing to access your audio editing program

but i would not want to divert him from his main goal at present

so put it to bed once and for all -- if he figgers a way to do it he will do it but not to the detriment of the main program's development

ken

I couldn't find his post but If I remember correctly, Igor told us quite recently (couple of months ?) that he would add a simple sound editor in a future version.

Here it is:

Also I would like to answer on a recently raised question regarding v5.7 on DiaporamaForum. We've re-worked code of audio engine and will include this change to future v5.8 the most likely together with simple management of audio tracks. At least it is in my TODO list.

Regards,

Xaver

Possibly the only one who will speak his mind without fear or favour.

Yachtsman1

Hi Yaughtsman1,

I agree with you, we don't really want any sound editing within PTE (it's getting complicated enough).

Audacity or, better still, Adobe Audition can do everything that is needed much better than any 'Simple Fade'

option would do.

I join with you, and will speak my mind!

Ron West.

... we don't really want ...

Sorry, I can't understand, who is "we".

Isn't it better to say "I"?

I personally would be very very happy with fade in and fade out and cut option.

I totally disagree to compare this with working with images like in photoshop.

For me its the same range as set the time of pictures and the transitions.

Please tell me, how to let music end at a certain picture and start music at the next picture in a comfortable way?

Sure, I can see at which timepoint the one picture ends and on which time point the other starts.

And then I can match the two tracks in a music editor.

But what happens, if I add a new slide before or if I make the time of a slide longer or shorter.

I have to edit the tracks in the sound editor again.

And so on.

The same problem with the end of the show.

Sorry, but I can absolutely not understand, why not add simple audio editing in the way of Igors purpose.

With best regards

Adda