WnSoft Forums

Can PTE fade music at the end of show

Bill Artman

I will stand with others that do not wish audio to become a PTE feature. If it does, I can live with it, but does it need it? Not for me. I fear programs that do too many things.

I also prepare my music in Audacity first, to control the length, the beginning and the end. So maybe my vote shouldn't count. I wouldn't use the audio feature anyway.

Sorry, I know how to work with audacity and other editors.

But it is not very comfortably for me, it I make chances in the slide duration or if I add a slide.

I have to rework completely my sound.

Or not?

Best regards

Adda

I told you I was very not talented.

Actually, it seems we are both right.

We can write maIestatis AND maJestatis.

See Wikipedia in German for you mein Freund : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluralis_maiestatis ;)

Seriously, back to the subject : there is a poll in the following topic, please participate : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....showtopic=10405

There are only 15 votes for the moment.

Sorry, I know how to work with audacity and other editors.

But it is not very comfortably for me, it I make chances in the slide duration or if I add a slide.

I have to rework completely my sound.

Or not...

You surely know that you can develop your sound in Audacity in a non-destructive way (as an Audacity project). So you do not have to rework the soundtrack completely. Audacity can be used as a kind of audio plugin for PTE. On the other hand: PTE itself has the disadvantage that the arrangement of slides is done in the main window, while included objects must be treated in the Q&A window. When working with Audacity, a third window comes into the game. You have to work with two timelines at the same time. Having changed the soundtrack, it must be exported in Audacity and newly imported in PTE. This workflow is far from being comfortable.

Regards,

Xaver

You surely know that you can develop your sound in Audacity in a non-destructive way (as an Audacity project). So you do not have to rework the soundtrack completely.

For those of you who are not completely confortable about how to use Audacity at its best, here is a short but extremely well explained tutorial of its editing tools :

https://wiki.brown.edu/confluence/display/C...dacity+Tutorial

... When working with Audacity, a third window comes into the game. You have to work with two timelines at the same time. Having changed the soundtrack, it must be exported in Audacity and newly imported in PTE. This workflow is far from being comfortable ...

Thank you for better explaining than me.

That's exactly, what I mean.

Adda

Gentlemen,

As far as I can see, it appears that this Forum is now starting to "polarise"" into 2 Groups, viz:-

Group (A)

Those who make their usage of PTE a serious issue whether thats for Business or Perfection

in exploiting all the highly advanced features of the PTE Program.

This group also shout the loudest and some seem to think that they represent the entire 5800 Members

of this Forum as it evidently displayed in the above Posts.

Group (B)

The vast majority of past and present purchaser's of the PTE Program represented by 5800 Reg.Members

whom you rarely hear from ~but do enjoy reading the Forum-Pages~ but rarely post anything here ??

Is it that they feel intimidated by some Members in Group (A) ?

Question.1.

Is it necessary to insist that one one uses Audacity or Audion to fade a 'simple' Soundtrack in a Pte Show ?

Question.2

Is it necessary to "rubbish" the suggestion of Bill Artman to incorporate a 'simple Fade' in the last Slide ?

The above examples of verbal 'bullying' are becomming more evident as time goes on. This is a matter of ethics

in giving consideration to another Members 'point of view' then weighing it up properly and making a consideration

based on popular demand ~ thats democracy in action~ quite the opposite to what I have read above.

Brian.(Conflow)

I accept this post as you personal point of view :blink:

I would like to hear Bill Artman.

Regards,

Xaver

I am the person who originally started this post with the simple question asking if PTE can do a fade at the end of a song and I have asked this same question on this forum maybe once a year since I have started using PTE several years ago. I have been following the thread carefully but have not responded until Xaver asked for a response.

I am a professional photographer in the USA that uses PTE to create slide shows to show my clients their portrait images when they choose their poses and order their portraits. I do not consider myself a PTE power user by any means. If the song I want to use is too long for the number of slides I have and if I have PTE sync the length of the song to the number of slides, each slide is on the screen for a LONG time which is not good. All I am saying/asking is that it would be nice if PTE had the capability to make the song shorter then add a fade at the end of the song.

In my humble opinion, I don't think this "simple" capability would add to the overall complexity of PTE as it would be a "simple" addition to the program. I am not a programmer so Igor is probably reading this and thinking I am crazy!!!

That's my two cents worth!

For:Bill Artman

Bill,

No you're not 'crazy' ~ it was a simple suggestion and a valid one ~ and Igor would have appreciated it.

To make a long story short ~ here attached is a small Mp3 Audio-Trimmer which will suite your needs.

1)

You can 'Trim' an entire Sound-Track or 'trim-off' any long Lead-ins or 'trim' to suit the Show duration.

2)

You can even 'Trim-Off' a small Sound-Track,ie:- Tracks less than 10.secs duration or Fade-In for any Slide.

Sorry, it only works for Mp3 Sound Files but I believe the developer is working on a WAV version.

I attach a File showing 'numbered' Instructions as how to use the Program and Sample/Original and Sample/Cut Music.

Link to the Program: http://www.mptrim.com

Let me know how it works,

Brian (Conflow)

Zither_25s.mp3

Zither_15s.mp3

post-1416-1250371341_thumb.png

post-1416-1250373050_thumb.png

I am one of the 'silent majority'; one of Brian's Group B.

I enjoy the forum and the great advice provided there by the 'expert' PTE users. Brian, in particular,

can be counted on for reasoned and informed discussion. I think that the addition of some simple

controls over audio tracks would be a welcome feature. Especially, the ability to fade a track at the

end of a slide show. People who require this facility can use it, others can just ignore it.

Cheers, Alantha

For:Bill Artman

Bill,

No you're not 'crazy' ~ it was a simple suggestion and a valid one ~ and Igor would have appreciated it.

To make a long story short ~ here attached is a small Mp3 Audio-Trimmer which will suite your needs.

1)

You can 'Trim' an entire Sound-Track or 'trim-off' any long Lead-ins or 'trim' to suit the Show duration.

2)

You can even 'Trim-Off' a small Sound-Track,ie:- Tracks less than 10.secs duration or Fade-In for any Slide.

Sorry, it only works for Mp3 Sound Files but I believe the developer is working on a WAV version.

I attach a File showing 'numbered' Instructions as how to use the Program and Sample/Original and Sample/Cut Music.

Link to the Program: http://www.mptrim.com

Let me know how it works,

Brian (Conflow)

Conflow;

Thanks very much for your help and for the audio trimmer. I have tried it and it works greats for what I need. I still think that if PTE would have something similar build into the program that would be very helpful.

Thanks again!!