WnSoft Forums

La Création

Aginum

Hello Jean-Charles,

Your slideshow is one of the best I have seen recently.

Very nice photographs, good variety and balance of pictures, very good work on the soundtrack and sound effects, discrete and efficient animation effects, perfect duration (not too long and not too short).

I plan a trip to Iceland, probably next June and your slideshow confirm that I have to go there.

When did you got there. During summer ?

Thank you very much for sharing.

French translation :

Bonjour Jean-Charles,

Votre diaporama est un des meilleurs que j'ai vu récemment.

Photos excellentes, bonne équilibre et variétés des images, très bon travail sur la bande son (musique et effets sonores), discrets et efficace effets d'animation, durée parfaite (ni trop court ni trop long).

Je projette un voyage en Islande, probablement en juin et votre diaporama me conforte dans le fait qu'il me faut aller visiter ce pays.

Quand êtes vous allé en Islande, durant l'été ?

Merci beaucoup pour ce partage

Hello,

Sorry I do not speak English and I use the Google translator.

I will present a slide show on Iceland: the Creation

La Création

Jean-Charles Pizolatto

Jean-Charles,

You obviously didn't just throw this together. It is excellent! You've demonstrated a raised level of artistry in a slideshow. It goes way beyond just good pictures and fitting music.

Really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Hello,

Sorry I do not speak English and I use the Google translator.

I will present a slide show on Iceland: the Creation

La Création

Jean-Charles Pizolatto

Jean-Charles

I downloaded both these slideshows some months ago as having visited Iceland a couple of years back they were of particular interest. I kept them both as they really are superb and really do give a'feel' of what Iceland is about. Excellent work.

Hi Jean-Charles

This is a very good slideshow, bags of stunning images, lots of impact. I felt that the very subtle animations work really well, and did add some character to the whole.

A few show transitions were a little too fast for my liking, I really wanted to enjoy the stunning photography, and there was a slight jerkiness with a couple of slides (can anyone suggest whey this is?)

Good choice of background music and sound effects, timing was perfect.

Great show, thanks for sharing it with us

Jean

I downloaded your show a day or so ago, but was out all yesterday and when I added my posts to the other thread I spotted the show on my desktop. What a surprise sequence and your timing is perfect. Your show is what I have been wailing on about for ages in this forum, propably to the annoyance of some, but they can live with that biggrin.gif I also wanted to say what I thought before reading any other comments.

Your sequence stands head and shoulders over anything I have seen for quite a while. It has animation and some special effects, but they work. They work because they are superbly done and because in my view they are added in moderation and in keeping with the overall quality of the show.

Your show also tells the story of Creation very well and I didn't need any commentary to help that along. The sequence captures atmosphere and some emotion too and it filled my PC screen. It was impressive, not just because of size, but due to the quality of the images, which is another of my moans on this forum. It was great to see such quality images and the choices of images you made. Not a duff one in the whole sequence.

The soundtrack was perfect, balanced and right in keeping with the subject. There were a couple of long zooms out that generally I don't care much for, but I don't like them because all those I have seen go on and on and on and on. You didn't bore us to death with such a long zoom, the balance here was just right and again in keeping with the images and the message the author was putting accross.

It was evident that tender loving care was put into making this sequence and it shows. The transitions were varied, but the right choice was made every time and even the special effect between some images worked too, again due to the subject and the treatment of the slide show by the author.

This is what I want to see on the PTE forum, something that can inspire me to sit up and take notice, not reach for the escape button because the animation is tacky and out of place.

If this sequence does not win some acreditation then there ain't no justice. It probably already has.

Made with PTE of course

If I had a hat I would take it off to you Jean - A super show.

ps. I would like to show your sequence to our Camera Club as an example of what can be done with PTE. I hope you don't mind me doing that.

Hi Jean-Charles,

Excellent! Both of your slideshows. The only suggestion I would have for some improvement would be to turn on mipmapping on those few slides where the extreme sharpness causes some "sparkle" during the zooms. Beautiful photography and beautiful presentation.

Salut Jean-Charles,

Excellent! Vos deux diaporamas. La seule suggestion que je pourrais donner une certaine amélioration serait de se tourner sur mipmapping sur ces quelques diapositives où la netteté extrême entraîne une certaine étincelle "au cours du zooms. Belle photographie et de belle présentation.

Cordialement,

Lin

Bonjour Charlie,

I saw them last year on Diapositif, but it's always with the same pleasure I see them to day. Great photos and great slideshows, once a more : bravo

Abolutely amazing. Entrancing images, and the score was outstanding.

You credited Jack Wall for the sound work... Did he compose it specially for your AV, or did you clip some of his compositions? (I hope I am not exposing my very limited repertoire with this question...)

At the risk of being a little commercial here, it strikes me that the Tourism Department of Iceland would very much like to license use of this program to encourage others to visit Iceland!!! I imagine if you created an mp4 video, the high performance demands on the video display adapter could be reduced...

A veritable achievement Jean-Charles! Thanks for sharing it with us! Now how do I get to Iceland from here... hmmm....

Dick

Jean-Charles

Just one word Superb, thanks.

You credited Jack Wall for the sound work... Did he compose it specially for your AV, or did you clip some of his compositions? (I hope I am not exposing my very limited repertoire with this question...)

No, this is music for films (Pursuit Of Saren). There are also music by Robyn Miller (Riven Soundtrack)

Hi Jean-Charles,

I actually found this show about a year ago via one of the French sites. Since then I have watched it numerous times and have been inspired every time to work harder on my own shows. The photos are stunning and the animations are superbly done. After finding this show, I went out and found every other show of yours (the second Iceland show mentioned above, as well as several about Algeria, Italy -- particularly Burano) that I could and downloaded them all. They are all at the top of the list in my "KEEP" folder. Now I will go directly to your website to be sure I haven't missed any.

Thank you so much for sharing these. And please let us know when you create new ones. They are joy to watch and a great inspiration!