WnSoft Forums

Slide Show on Ladakh (vimeo video and file exe)

pisolomau

I really enjoyed your show, really wonderful pictures, especially of portraits.

It's very difficult to mix portrait and landscapes pictures (meaning orientation).

But may be you should try to add backgrounds for slides with portrait pictures.

And you could use smooth speed option to smooth pans & zooms.

In my opinion, if you agree, you should share the exe too, your slideshow really deserves it. :)

Beautiful photography! The transitions were well done also, but I do agree with Dom about having some sort of background (even an out of focus shot of a landscape-oriented picture). I too would like to see the .EXE full-screen with a little more time between transitions. The photos are just gorgeous and you did a wonderful job on the people pictures as well. I let vimeo show download all the way and then saved the .mp4 file off so that I could watch it with less jerkiness from my internet connection. Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Many thanks for your suggestions and remark about my slideshow.

Here you can download the slideshow win exe (64 MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QV9RBPG8

Dom,(by the way, my compliments for your amazing tutorials ;=))

What do you mean "you should try to add backgrounds for slides with portrait pictures." Can you give me an example?

Admiral,

I saw your web site: congratulations on the work you've done!

P.S.

Sorry for my bad English...

Here you can download the slideshow win exe (64 MB): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QV9RBPG8

For some of your pictures, I have really an impression of 3D when watching the exe !

What a difference with the video, thank you for sharing !

What do you mean "you should try to add backgrounds for slides with portrait pictures." Can you give me an example?

The idea is to fill up the whole screen with something different from black.

Most of people are distracted by "black holes".

Here is attached an example : the photo is blurred and is used as the background.

It is displayed at 50% opacity.

I set a vertical gradient color (Customize Slide > Main tab).

And I choosed main colors of the original pic with the color picker.

Of course, it's a matter of taste. :)

portraitpic_Nov9-2009_21-06-36.zip

The idea is to fill up the whole screen with something different from black.

Most of people are distracted by "black holes"...

I understand now. Great idea, thanks for the suggestion Dom.. :D

Kieron,

There are some amazing photos on your site, both in terms of technical quality and subject matter. Looking through the photos was very educational and it is good that you have documented these cultures as it is likely that as the world "shrinks" many of them will disappear completely. Photographically, I especially enjoyed the photos of the fishermen. Thank you for providing the link to your site.

If you are interested please check out my Ladakh gallery at

http://www.vanishingculturesphotography.com

Kieron

Admiral, I started with you Ladakh gallery...and I watched every pictures on your whole website.

Aboslutely amazing from start to end ! And very instructive ! :o

Congratulations for the prices you received (and deserved ;) )

Do you make photography for a living ?

I did not mean to hijack your thread Maurizio.

I thought you might find interest in someone else who has recently been to Ladakh.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. I have been fortunate to travel and photograph this amazing world we live in.

I would not consider myself a professional photographer as it is not my main source of income.

I was quite active on the forum at the beginning of the year (asking questions).

I was new to the program and had just returned from China. I presented the show at our local auditorium.

Thanks to the Dom and his wonderful templates,to Barry, for his instructional videos, and others who helped me with hardware issues, the presentation was a success.

Many thanks ,

Kieron