WnSoft Forums

Defaults the wrong way round

Igor

I often create a slide show at 1920*1200, but use images smaller than that, inset images, animated etc. Every time I go into the objects and animation screen I have to reset every image size to 100% via the size position in pixels or it will be expanded to fit the screen. I appreciate I have raised these size issues before.

Could that default be the other way round so when we take an image into a 1920*1200 show and the image is maybe 800*600, it is diplayed the size we created it? Or is there some issue I am not aware of that forces things to be like this.

B

Can I offer a different/better solution?

I would prefer to see PTE allow users to set their own defaults.

That way, those who want their images to "Fit To Slide" could have their prefered setup and those who want their images to come in at "Actual Pixels" could also have their prefered setup.

Everyone's happy!

DG

We can insert images in various ways:

We can insert them directly.

We can insert them as a child of a frame

We can insert them in combination with a mask.

Images can have borders or not.

The screen can have various virtual sizes, or it can have a fixed size.

Presently, we have the insertion options "Fit to slide" and "Cover Slide"

Question: In which of the said situations should PTE (automatically?) switch to a kind of original mode?

The present way may not be nice in all situations, but it is clear and simple. I would propose to leave it as it is :rolleyes:

Regards,

Xaver

Well, it was just a suggestion for Igor to make a decision on but DG's idea is a better one.

We can insert them directly.

We can insert them as a child of a frame

We can insert them in combination with a mask.

So what, they should still remain at the size you created them, where is the logic of making 40 - 800*600 images and having to visit every one of those images to change them? Who in their right mind wants to make an image at one size and have the software enlarge that to fill the screen. This method only suits the one size fits all way of working and we know for the really best AV's that ain't the way to go.

Better to have all the images shown at 100% or better still DG's idea.

Having said that, there may be technical programming difficulties that prevent that.