WnSoft Forums

A SCOTTISH OCTOBER

Lakelandlass

Images taken from fairly short visits to the North-Western Highlands of Scotland late October 2008 and the same time October 2009. Despite a dire weather forecast we took the ferry from Ullapool to Stornoway for a couple of nights, followed by an even briefer visit to Skye before being rained off.

I'm afraid not an original choice of music but I did try several Scottish pieces; however, always came back to this one.

Available on http://www.Beechbrook.Com/PTE

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for making this available. It is in my view an excellent show that really captures the mood of the Western Highlands at this time of year.

As for the music - bang on!

I have to admit that I have deliberately avoided watching Brave Heart as somehow the extracts I have seen have made me feel ashamed, sick and angry so I have never heard the music before. Now I suspect I will have to swallow my pride as I think I may well use the music myself sometime in the future!!

Thanks again

John

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for making this available. It is in my view an excellent show that really captures the mood of the Western Highlands at this time of year.

As for the music - bang on!

I have to admit that I have deliberately avoided watching Brave Heart as somehow the extracts I have seen have made me feel ashamed, sick and angry so I have never heard the music before. Now I suspect I will have to swallow my pride as I think I may well use the music myself sometime in the future!!

Thanks again

John

Thanks to both Colin and John.

John - I watched Braveheart purely because of the music and the magnificent Scottish scenery but I understand your feelings. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Maureen

Images taken from fairly short visits to the North-Western Highlands of Scotland late October 2008 and the same time October 2009. Despite a dire weather forecast we took the ferry from Ullapool to Stornoway for a couple of nights, followed by an even briefer visit to Skye before being rained off.

I'm afraid not an original choice of music but I did try several Scottish pieces; however, always came back to this one.

Available on http://www.Beechbrook.Com/PTE

Maureen

Maureen -

My goodness, you have a beautiful show here. The music selected compliments your prowess as a photographer well. And you have a good eye for that moody light. Very well done.

Dave

Hi Maureen,

Beautifully photographed and masterfully presented! We believe you have captured the essence of not only the season, but the place as well. We thoroughly enjoyed this and hope someday to see it for ourselves!

Best regards,

Lin & Sherry

Maureen,

Well done. You made the most of the weather! For the perfectionists, please hide the mouse cursor next time (Project options, Advanced).

Regards, Jeff

Thanks to Dave, Lin, Mary and Jeff for taking the time to comment. Also, thanks to Jeff regarding the 'mouse' tip. I have made a note to (hopefully) ensure this doesn't get in the way in any future a/vs.

Maureen

• 2 weeks later...

Maureen,

I have at last downloaded your 'Scottish October' and have enjoyed the gentle beauty so much. Thank you for sharing the lovely imagery with us with such peaceful and appropriate music. Sadly my health problems may not be resolved until the start of next summer when I will definitely be on my way back to the mountains of Scotland and hopefully capturing the landscape towards an AV or two.

Thank you.

Anthony

Maureen,

I have at last downloaded your 'Scottish October' and have enjoyed the gentle beauty so much. Thank you for sharing the lovely imagery with us with such peaceful and appropriate music. Sadly my health problems may not be resolved until the start of next summer when I will definitely be on my way back to the mountains of Scotland and hopefully capturing the landscape towards an AV or two.

Thank you.

Anthony

Anthony

I am so pleased you enjoyed my a/v; it is always very encouraging to receive such comments. Let us hope your health problems are resolved sooner rather than later so that you can get back to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of Scotland. Good luck for the New Year.

Maureen

For me AV's are all about the photography. I enjoyed the show and thought the photography was, as usual, of a high standard. Yet another one of your AV's that I will be showing to members of my camera club. While we enjoy the funny ones, and the odd documentary style, what we really like to see is good photography, proudly displayed in AV slideshow.

Well done!

For me AV's are all about the photography. I enjoyed the show and thought the photography was, as usual, of a high standard. Yet another one of your AV's that I will be showing to members of my camera club. While we enjoy the funny ones, and the odd documentary style, what we really like to see is good photography, proudly displayed in AV slideshow.

Well done!

Thanks, Mark, for that. DavyC emailed me with valuable constructive criticism, primarily about the music quality. He kindly cleaned up the track for me, recommended a few other minor tweaks and I put it together again and I have to say it is better and ends more smoothly. I have, however, left the original on Beechbrook.

BTW, a friend did the Norwegian Coastal Voyage in mid September and the autumn colours and light he captured were beautiful. So far, winter has been our favourite time.

Maureen