WnSoft Forums

Multiple EXE show

Laszlo K

Laszlo,

Your issue is that the filenames used in the list you provided are restricted as per the Search Restrictions in the PlayView Guide.chm

Noteably your use of windows within the filename. Any filename or any of its full file path that contain any part of the restricted names will not be listed within the PlayView List Menu.

You can use filenames or folders with the name window but not with windows. Your Windows2.exe, Windows in France.exe, Jan - Windows.exe, Windows - Looking Out Final7.exe, etc all contain windows as part of its filename ... thats why they are restricted.

PlayView does not know if the exe file is a PTE Slideshow or what version it may be ... it just restricts certain filenames and paths which may contain or known to contain sensitive content.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Stu!

That makes a good point. Since the projects that we were doing were about windows, well, there are lots of windows names as projects.

It might be a good idea to somehow incorporate in the help or a note in the pop-up window as an example. Maybe there are others like me who would not understand the meaning of the note.

Thanks again

Laszlo

Laszlo,

Glade you got it sorted out. Reading the PlayView Guide.chm a bit closer helps :D

It might be a good idea to somehow incorporate in the help or a note in the pop-up window as an example. Maybe there are others like me who would not understand the meaning of the note

The Guide already explains the purpose of the red TextBox note :

If at the end of the search process PlayView found any exe files that did not pass the search safeguard restrictions a clickable red TextBox will immediately appear. Clicking the red TextBox brings up a savable notepad list of restricted exe files. You may need to check the list for possible Slide Show file names used that were rejected. You may need rename or move any of your PTE Slide Shows so they will pass the search safeguard restrictions. If you don't receive this red TextBox display it means the search did not find any restricted files to notify you about. See Search Restrictions

The safeguards were implemented to help the average pc user from miss-using the purpose of the menu tool and to avoid becoming overwhelmed with 100's of unnecessary exe files that may be too sensitive to open if the user is unaware or click happy. Pc users who have a better understanding of their pc and its file content use more caution and know better ... but they too get limited by the search restrictions.

Thanks for the great article Peter!

As a kind of respond to your article.

I had built my project on two machine parallel. It sounds weird but that is the case. I started on my desktop and that is an XP Home machine custom built, powerfull since I use it also for video editing. About 3 years old still on SP2 ( SP3 would not load up, tried it twice ). There are no updates on it. The other computer is also a custom built, but laptop, it can have 3 internal drives ( got only 2 in it ). 4 months old and runs on XP Pro SP3, updated manualy as needed. Your word applies "beefy". Both units run EXE's like a seamless movie.

I started the project with the desktop but had a copy on the laptop ( both have a very quick flicker at the bottom edge when you call up a PTE from a control page ).

Then I would add projects at our AV meeting so the whole group can see the process on the laptop, and at home I would transfer the changes to the desktop.

Now the projects are produced on a dozen different machines from XP to Vista and Win7 with graphics cards from the bottom to the top end, and with at least 3 different versions of PTE.

With all this as core information I still get the quick flicker on both machine and all projects.

I will change the Taskbar settings and see.

The attachement is the guide line that I was using to build the whole project and yesterday was the Club demonstration of it.

Well, it worked like a charm thanks to all involved.

Laszlo

MULTIPLE PAGE PTE SETUP 02.doc