WnSoft Forums

Borders

romeojohn

John,

'Fraid so!

The implementation in V6 allows the border to be changed only at the individual image level. An alternative approach would be to use your image editor to create a "windowed mount" border image as a .png file and then add this to each slide. But again, you would have to process each slide individually. However, the number of mouse clicks will be fewer and it will be a repetitive task that your brain will quickly adapt to.

regards,

Peter

Here is an interesting idea that I've just stumbled on, which only involves adding one file!

I haven't got very far into this yet, so maybe others could develop it a bit.

1. Design your border/mount (with a transparent centre) in your image editor, and save as a png file.

2. In PTE, go to Project Options and click the Advanced tab.

3. Tick the Show Copyright logo and click on Customise logo.

4. Click on the little folder icon to load your png.

5. You may need to adjust offset,size and opacity.

6. Now when you run your slideshow,you will have a mount on every slide!

There are clearly some limitations with this method, but it might save a lot of time and be useful to some of you.

Regards,

wideangle

Neat!

I forgot about the "Copyright logo" feature - because I've never used it. But that is much simpler than my suggested technique; and as I do sometimes use a windowed mount in my sequences, I'll have to remember this little trick.

Thanks!

regards,

Peter

Hello John,

Your comments and thoughts are not new on the subject of borders..

It depends on how we work for how easy or inconvenient any one method might be for each of us.

For my own part...

If I remember or decide at the processing stage where I do all my pre PtE image work which for me (and I guess most of us?) is in Photoshop or Elements or PSP I will put a 2 pixel white border stroke around each image at the time when I examine and resize, crop etc etc each image.

If however I decide to add the border in PtE I tend to follow good old Barry Beckham's method (though he might well have developed a new one by now being the idustrious fellow he is.)

Again start by creating a PNG white border (same size as images...eg 1024 x 768 whatever)in the image editing program.

Then for each image using the Object and Animation window and paste onto each image the png border and click on top Rt arrow to move to next image in sequence.

Seems harder and more tedious to explain than to actually do. Always easier to do at the processing stage though in my opinion.

I would not doubt there are other methods out there.

Anthony

I have used the windowed mount method and find it very good. What I do is, on the first slide [all slides are in line at this stage] place the mount in position [size etc] so it looks as it will in the finished product, then simply copy the mount. This then allows you to move onto the next slide and in OA [make sure you deselct everything] paste it into place. It then 'pastes' in at the size and position of the slide from whence you copied it.

Simples!

TT

It is a matter of taste, (mis)using a feature which has been made for something completely different. An obvious disadvantage of the "logo method" is the fact that you will not see the border (mask) in the O&A window. So, I'll stick to the "windowed mount".

Regards,

Xaver

It is a matter of taste, (mis)using a feature which has been made for something completely different. An obvious disadvantage of the "logo method" is the fact that you will not see the border (mask) in the O&A window. So, I'll stick to the "windowed mount".

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

I agree with you entirely.

I really just offered the idea as a 'one off' solution to provide a quick fix.

Regards,

wideangle

• 4 weeks later...