WnSoft Forums

BACKUP ZIP IMPOSSIBLE!

orizaba

Dear fellows,

1. This is a new and unexpected problem for me, as I already made lots of backups of my projects and this never happen. I am using PTE 6.0.2.

2. When I click BACKUP a message/information comes: "Project contains 2 or more files with the same names, but located in different folders. Please use unique file names for every file if you want to create template or backup."

3. It follows the case:

* E:\PTE\109-PTEs\...\101-Slides JPEG\02xa-Background.jpg

* E:\PTE\101-Slides JPEG\02xa-Backgound.jpg

4. So, the file in question is "02xa-Background.jpg" and message says that it is inside 2 different folders. This is false. It is only inside folder "101-Slides JPEG". However, it is false as weel that, in first case, this folder exists. In this first case, folder "101-Slides JPEG" does not exist! I mean, it is only "E:\PTE\109-PTEs\PTE files". Folder "109-PTEs" only contains PTE files (several versions of project I am bulding). How can this be explained? And how can I solve this problem because at the present I am not able to make a BACKUP?

Thanks for your help.

Jose

Dear fellows,

1. This is a new and unexpected problem for me, as I already made lots of backups of my projects and this never happen. I am using PTE 6.0.2.

2. When I click BACKUP a message/information comes: "Project contains 2 or more files with the same names, but located in different folders. Please use unique file names for every file if you want to create template or backup."

3. It follows the case:

* E:\PTE\109-PTEs\...\101-Slides JPEG\02xa-Background.jpg

* E:\PTE\101-Slides JPEG\02xa-Backgound.jpg

4. So, the file in question is "02xa-Background.jpg" and message says that it is inside 2 different folders. This is false. It is only inside folder "101-Slides JPEG". However, it is false as weel that, in first case, this folder exists. In this first case, folder "101-Slides JPEG" does not exist! I mean, it is only "E:\PTE\109-PTEs\PTE files". Folder "109-PTEs" only contains PTE files (several versions of project I am bulding). How can this be explained? And how can I solve this problem because at the present I am not able to make a BACKUP?

Thanks for your help.

Jose

Hi Jose!

May I make two points ...

Firstly, the message is not false. Whether they exist or not, these are two different folders:

E:\PTE\109-PTEs\...\101-Slides JPEG

and E:\PTE\101-Slides JPEG

Secondly, you might try to fix the PTE file by editing it with Notepad (or any text editor). It should be an easy matter to fix the file or folder name of the offending slide - but be careful to find all occurrences of the name.

Regards

Ken T.

Hi Jose,

Open the PTE file you are trying to backup and carefully check your spelling wherever this file name is being used. What it sound like is that perhaps you have called the file in question from more than one place (folder location) in the slideshow or possibly changed the name by substituting another image.

You could also open the PTE file (copy it first to a different folder) with an editor and search for the file name and see where it is located. PTE will allow you to call a same named file from several locations and the show will run, compile and execute fine but a backup will not work unless any duplicate file names are in the same folder.

I would be careful about using dashes (-) in a file name as well because this might create a problem with some systems.

Best regards,

Lin

This is a problem that has existed with PTE for a long time which I reported about 18 mths - 2 years ago, I can't say exactly when as it appears as my posting history only contains the last few months. I can't remember the full details but I had the same file names for images in two sub-folders of the folder used to create the template. I only found out about it a year or so later when I tried to restore from the backed up template and lost some of my images.

I have come across the problem Jose is reporting since when again I had put my images into sub-folders some of which had the same name, at least this time I found out about it before I backed up my project and was able to correct. I presumed that this had been put in as a safeguard to overcome the problem I had initially reported.

As I say I can't remember the exact detail but I believe no problems were experienced when creating a PTE project it was only when I tried to create a template that the problem was reported. I have got over this now by creating all my images into just one folder with no sub-folders.

Tony

Jose,

You have fallen into one of Windows "Pit-Falls" ~ the problem is that you are using a "Reserved Symbol"

for naming your Files and Folders. You are using \ backslash \ which is an an "illegal" symbol and is

reserved for the Windows System and is not allowed.

Your Example:- E:\PTE\101-Slides JPEG\02xa-Backgound.jpgs (3 backslashes are in this example)

This should be:- Where *E is the Drive-

1)The Folder Name should be: PTE101-Slides

2)The File name should be: 02xa-Background

3)There is no need for the extension .jpg

as the System applies that automatically.

See the attachment below for more Data.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-12707233727_thumb.gif

Hi Jose,

Open the PTE file you are trying to backup and carefully check your spelling wherever this file name is being used. What it sound like is that perhaps you have called the file in question from more than one place (folder location) in the slideshow or possibly changed the name by substituting another image.

You could also open the PTE file (copy it first to a different folder) with an editor and search for the file name and see where it is located. PTE will allow you to call a same named file from several locations and the show will run, compile and execute fine but a backup will not work unless any duplicate file names are in the same folder.

I would be careful about using dashes (-) in a file name as well because this might create a problem with some systems.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks very much for your help.

Please, kindly detail what do you mean by "Open the PTE file with an editor". Which editor? In fact, I don't know how to.

In the mean time, I wish to underline that I made SEARCH, and (as expected...) Windows only found 1 jpg file with this name, which is located in the right (and only) folder.

In fact, the strange thing for me is that there are NOT 2 folders (with same name) under 2 different tree branches. How can PTE inform this?

Regards,

Jose

JOSE

Please, kindly detail what do you mean by "Open the PTE file with an editor". Which editor? In fact, I don't know how to. -- after you have copied and pasted the pte to a different location, open it with notepad, or similar text editor

notepad is generally located

C:\WINDOWS\system32

ken

Hi Jose,

Could you tell us which version of Windows you are using?

If you go to the command prompt (dot prompt) then navigate to the folder where your PTE file is located and type "edit ptefilenamehere.pte" Windows has a built in editor.

Perhaps if you are not familiar with DOS commands and navigation, you could post your PTE file and one of us will check it for the file names and find out exactly where PTE thinks this duplicate file is located. Then we can determine the exact nature of the problem.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks very much for your help.

Please, kindly detail what do you mean by "Open the PTE file with an editor". Which editor? In fact, I don't know how to.

In the mean time, I wish to underline that I made SEARCH, and (as expected...) Windows only found 1 jpg file with this name, which is located in the right (and only) folder.

In fact, the strange thing for me is that there are NOT 2 folders (with same name) under 2 different tree branches. How can PTE inform this?

Regards,

Jose

Hi Jose,

Could you tell us which version of Windows you are using?

If you go to the command prompt (dot prompt) then navigate to the folder where your PTE file is located and type "edit ptefilenamehere.pte" Windows has a built in editor.

Perhaps if you are not familiar with DOS commands and navigation, you could post your PTE file and one of us will check it for the file names and find out exactly where PTE thinks this duplicate file is located. Then we can determine the exact nature of the problem.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thanks very much, once again, for your help.

Thanks, as well, to Ken Cox, for his suggestion about NOTE PAD.

In fact, despite I am not at all familiar with DOS, I copied my PTE file to another location and I opened it with NOTE PAD. Amazing!!! Everything is there!

I verified that I have LOTS of slides (jpg files) under the so called "E:\01. PTE\109.PTEs\..\101A. Slides JPEG" folder.

Point is that this "101A" folder ONLY exists as a direct subfolder of "01.PTE" folder, not as a sufolder of "109.PTEs" folder (which only contains PTE files).

I think that this problem may have a reason:

I built 90% of my project in one computer. After, I made a backup and I restored the project to my actual computer (both on WINDOWS XP SP3).

I am now finishing the project in this actual computer.

May be (I can not remember at all...) in my old computer I had folder "101A" as a subfolder of "109", and after backup and restore I changed folder "101A" to a direct subfolder of "01. PTE" main folder (so, avoiding folder "109"). May be...

During the finishing process of my project, I have replaced some of my already used slides, so, this may be the reason why the same silde appears now under 2 different paths, despite ALL are in same folder ("101A").

I could send you, Lin, my PTE file, but it is 2,20 MB and we are only allowed to attach 2,00 MB. How can I solve this?

Thanks and regards,

Jose

Jose,

You have fallen into one of Windows "Pit-Falls" ~ the problem is that you are using a "Reserved Symbol"

for naming your Files and Folders. You are using \ backslash \ which is an an "illegal" symbol and is

reserved for the Windows System and is not allowed.

Your Example:- E:\PTE\101-Slides JPEG\02xa-Backgound.jpgs (3 backslashes are in this example)

This should be:- Where *E is the Drive-

1)The Folder Name should be: PTE101-Slides

2)The File name should be: 02xa-Background

3)There is no need for the extension .jpg

as the System applies that automatically.

See the attachment below for more Data.

Brian (Conflow)

Hello Brian,

I fear you have made a mistake, rare for you! The examples the OP gave came from the error report, and in fact are the complete paths for the files in question, so the backslashes are in order when specifying a pathname. The actual filenames, e.g. 02xa-background.jpg are legitimate, including the dashes, and do not contain any backslashes.

However, I see the problem as partly of his own making, as I, and no doubt Igor, would expect to have all relevant files uniquely named and in one folder. Expecting the zip function to gather files from various folders, with identical filenames in different folders is IMHO a bit much, and dare I say, a rather untidy (if not worse) practice.

Regards,

Colin

Sorry to insist, but I think that my PTE file did not upload as it is 2,20 MB and system only permits 2,00 MB.

How can I post this file, as Lin suggested, to get some help?

Thanks,

Jose

Hello Brian,

I fear you have made a mistake, rare for you! The examples the OP gave came from the error report, and in fact are the complete paths for the files in question, so the backslashes are in order when specifying a pathname. The actual filenames, e.g. 02xa-background.jpg are legitimate, including the dashes, and do not contain any backslashes.

However, I see the problem as partly of his own making, as I, and no doubt Igor, would expect to have all relevant files uniquely named and in one folder. Expecting the zip function to gather files from various folders, with identical filenames in different folders is IMHO a bit much, and dare I say, a rather untidy (if not worse) practice.

Regards,

Colin

Hi Colin,

It's a lovely morning here, I hope its the same in N.Z ~ it makes a change from what we had over the past few months.

Concerning Jose's File Names ~ "Hands-up I'm guilty" ~ I had assumed that Jose had simply 'copied & pasted' the File-Names

into his Post and had that been the case my Post & Attachments would have been perfectly valid. I had not considered he had

extracted the data from the 'Log-Report' and of course (as you said) that format uses the System-symbols as shown.

Thats 'ironic' because it demonstrates that the Op-System is actually using the 'Reserved-symbols' which I had Posted about.

Many thank's for bringing that to my attention ~ I wont walk into that again, next time I shall ask for a ScreenShot of the Files!!.

All the best from Dublin,

Brian.

Hi Fellows,

Thanks for your suggestion on MediaFire.

Ok, I just uploaded my PTE file, according to Lin's indication 2 days ago, and I hope that I can get some help on how to solve this problem of "same file name under 2 different folders" (for backup purposes), beeing one of such folders a "virtual" folder because, in fact, it doesn't exist in my drive now.

Link is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vw2zmoqn4zw

Thanks,

Jose

Hi Lin,

Thanks very much, once again, for your help.

Thanks, as well, to Ken Cox, for his suggestion about NOTE PAD.

In fact, despite I am not at all familiar with DOS, I copied my PTE file to another location and I opened it with NOTE PAD. Amazing!!! Everything is there!

I verified that I have LOTS of slides (jpg files) under the so called "E:\01. PTE\109.PTEs\..\101A. Slides JPEG" folder.

Point is that this "101A" folder ONLY exists as a direct subfolder of "01.PTE" folder, not as a sufolder of "109.PTEs" folder (which only contains PTE files).

I think that this problem may have a reason:

I built 90% of my project in one computer. After, I made a backup and I restored the project to my actual computer (both on WINDOWS XP SP3).

I am now finishing the project in this actual computer.

May be (I can not remember at all...) in my old computer I had folder "101A" as a subfolder of "109", and after backup and restore I changed folder "101A" to a direct subfolder of "01. PTE" main folder (so, avoiding folder "109"). May be...

During the finishing process of my project, I have replaced some of my already used slides, so, this may be the reason why the same silde appears now under 2 different paths, despite ALL are in same folder ("101A").

I could send you, Lin, my PTE file, but it is 2,20 MB and we are only allowed to attach 2,00 MB. How can I solve this?

Thanks and regards,

Jose

Hi Lin,

As told before, I just uploaded my PTE file (link is in my last post).

In the meantime, I made some tests:

I copied all JPEG slides in my "real" folder 101A (slides which are really used by my project) to a new "real" folder 101B.

I deleted all of them from 101A.

When I opened my PTE project, he couldn't find any slide, as expected.

So, I replaced first slide (path passing by the "virtual" folder 109) by the same slide located in new folder 101B. Problem of "virtual" path disapeared, as expected.

This way, if I follow this procedure for all slides, I solve the problem, all slides of project will have a true path and backup will be possible.

However, it will be impossible and inconvenient to replace all my actual 147 slides, one by one, using this process, beeing highly dangerous to make some mistake.

Question is: is there any "automatic" way to replace all slides at a time, just saying that all of them are now located in folder 101B? This should be great...!

I can add that my purpose is going on building my project in my 2 computers (one at home, the other in weekend home), so, several backups and restores taking place. Both computers are desktop, XP SP3. Please, don't say this is not possible!

I hope to hear from you and thank you in advance.

Jose

... Question is: is there any "automatic" way to replace all slides at a time, just saying that all of them are now located in folder 101B? This should be great...!

Not directly, but you may place a copy of your project file (.pte-file) to the new folder 101B, open it with the PTE program, and then save it. Then, the new project file should include the correct paths to the media inside folder 101B. The management of media locations within PTE seems to need some improvement!

Regards,

Xaver

Not directly, but you may place a copy of your project file (.pte-file) to the new folder 101B, open it with the PTE program, and then save it. Then, the new project file should include the correct paths to the media inside folder 101B. The management of media locations within PTE seems to need some improvement!

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for your help.

However, may be I made some mistake, but I almost lost my project!!!

I explain:

* Yesterday night (23:00) I saved my project after working on it.

* Today I worked on it (big advance) and I saved it as usual (15:00). This was the version I uploaded to MediaFire.

* As told before, I created folder 101B with all my JPEG slides.

* According to your instructions, I put a copy of my PTE file (15:00 version) in folder 101B, together with JPEG slides.

* I opened such PTE file from 101B folder.

* When I run it... it was version from last night (23:00), so, very much incomplete.

* I looked for "original" last version (today 15:00) but it did not exist, it has been replaced by old version 23:00.

* I made WINDOWS SEARCH: no updated version (15:00) at all!

* But, after all, I was very lucky: updated version (15:00) was in MediaFire, and I could download it and put it in its original folder.

* I tried to run this PTE file and everything is OK and updated as version 15:00.

What have I missed?

By the way, how do you explain your theory? By what reason, putting PTE file in same folder as respective JPEG files, do change paths of slides?

And what could have happened causing one PTE file been replaced by another one?

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Jose

Jose,

You are making life very hard for yourself and that's to do with the way you are saving Folder's within Folder's.

Also the way you are naming Files is going to cause problems for you in the future ~ please don't be offended by this!!

They say that a "Few Photos are worth a Thousand Words" ~ so I have attached 3 Instruction-Screens for you to study.

These are very clear, fully annoted, and will show you what to do and hopefully you wont make the same mistakes again.

Finally, please avoid Folder-in-Folders and try and correct the way you name Folders (less than 8 digits) same for Photos

and remember the "Golden-Rule" ~ One Folder only per SlideShow with everything contained within that Folder.

Lets know how you get on,

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-127083595967_thumb.gif

post-1416-127083596915_thumb.gif

post-1416-127083597801_thumb.gif

Jose,

You are making life very hard for yourself and that's to do with the way you are saving Folder's within Folder's.

Also the way you are naming Files is going to cause problems for you in the future ~ please don't be offended by this!!

They say that a "Few Photos are worth a Thousand Words" ~ so I have attached 3 Instruction-Screens for you to study.

These are very clear, fully annoted, and will show you what to do and hopefully you wont make the same mistakes again.

Finally, please avoid Folder-in-Folders and try and correct the way you name Folders (less than 8 digits) same for Photos

and remember the "Golden-Rule" ~ One Folder only per SlideShow with everything contained within that Folder.

Lets know how you get on,

Brian (Conflow)

Hi Brian,

First of all, thanks very much for your help and good will!

If I am offended? Of course not, and I appreciated the way you put things, you are 100% right. I will try, in the future, to follow your advices on "short names" and "direct folders", despite I already knew this criteria... only I didn't follow it!

On your 3 pictures (what a nice work!) I only can say that they are perfectly clear. But...

Don't you think that this was exactly what I did before (as explained in my last reply to Xavier)?

The point is that I moved to my weekend home, so I can't repeat the process now, only next monday night.

In the meantime, please kindly review my exact explanation to Xavier and please check where I made some mistake. Because the result has been to replace an updated version by an older version of project, resulting the lost of updated version. With big luck I recovered it from MediaFire but I could have lost it forever...!

Thanks once more,

Jose

Hi Brian,

First of all, thanks very much for your help and good will!

If I am offended? Of course not, and I appreciated the way you put things, you are 100% right. I will try, in the future, to follow your advices on "short names" and "direct folders", despite I already knew this criteria... only I didn't follow it!

On your 3 pictures (what a nice work!) I only can say that they are perfectly clear. But...

Don't you think that this was exactly what I did before (as explained in my last reply to Xavier)?

The point is that I moved to my weekend home, so I can't repeat the process now, only next monday night.

In the meantime, please kindly review my exact explanation to Xavier and please check where I made some mistake. Because the result has been to replace an updated version by an older version of project, resulting the lost of updated version. With big luck I recovered it from MediaFire but I could have lost it forever...!

Thanks once more,

Jose

Hi Brian (again),

Please, let me add something important, to my former reply to you, moments ago.

Here, in my weekend home, I have PTE and older versions of this actual project of mine I am now building. That's the reason why I wanted to make backups to go on working when I move from one computer to the other.

So, actual situation here is as follows:

* PTE files (several versions of project) are in folder "109"

* Slides JPEG are in folder 101A.

I checked and I see that no DAT file (PTE file, I assume) is in folder "101A". This PTE file is in folder "109".

In my other computer (where the problem exists), following XAVIER indications, I copied all JPEG slides to a new folder "101B" and I also copied to "101B" the more recent PTE file.

I think that this corresponds to your copy/paste of everything (slides and DAT file) to the new folder.

I remember that, today, when I made this attempt, old folder "101A" was not deleted. And this is a difference to your recomendations!

When I double clicked PTE file (from "101B") an older project version appeared and updated version was gone.

So, my mistake was NOT DELETE the old folder "101A"?

What about PTE file still remains on a separate folder, and have to copy/paste it for "slides' folder", is this a difference?

I hope I made myself understood...

Regards,

Jose

Jose,

I also use 'Multiple-PC's as you do and for the exact same purpose ~ when I am away I cant bring my Workshop with

me so I bring my Laptop instead. Because of this I had to find a solution to manage 'Duplex-Files' ~ here are some Notes:-

To do this I created a 'Library Folder' on the HD of my Main-PC ~ its called "Library" and there is an an exact copy of that

on my Laptop. Within "Library" are all current PTE-Projects each in its own 'Named-Folder' containing the entire contents

for each Show including the Dat.File (thats important).

To work on any Project-Folder on -another- Laptop or PC open the Attachment: Jose-04 below...

* Use the SD-Card (Memory-Pen) as an External HD on the (remote) Laptop or PC, dont Load it just open it.

* As you progress with the Work remember to use "Save As" as often as you make changes. This updates the Dat.File.

* When finished your work on the (remote) Laptop/PC, give the Folder a New-Name,eg: "Test-V".

* When back Home insert the SD-card into your Main-PC and use it as an External-HD ~ dont Load it just open it.

* Compare the 'Old-Folder Test-IV' against the 'New SD-Folder Test-V' keep working on the SD-Card Folder.

* When satisfied delete the 'Old-Folder' and load the 'New SD-Folder' into its place. Click .Dat to open.

* Proceed to make your Exe.File which is your Slideshow.

You can do this with any Memory-Pen or SD-Card running on your Main-PC. Simply click-on the Dat-File in any Folder

on any Drive and PTE will open it into its Main-Program Window. Furthermore you can make adjustments in any Show-Folder

provided you always use "Save As" as often as necessary after changes to update the Dat-File.

This is the fastest and safest way of 'Remote-Folder Management' in Duplex-operations on Remote-PCs as you always have

the 'Original-Folder +dat-File' on Main-PC and you always have the 'Remote-Folder +dat-File' on the SD-Card which is never

a 'Slave' to your Main-HD such as your *E:Drive ~ consequently you can compare similar Folders on the Screen and still open

those independently in PTE without fear of ambiguity which is your current problem.

Sounds complicated, but its not, and it cuts out all the Saving and Copying and Key-bashing and 'same-name' conflicts.

Brian (Conflow)

post-1416-127087046465_thumb.gif

Hi Brian,

You just presented a new way of working with multiple computers!

I must test it at home, next monday, and also check if working with a PEN does not turns speed very low...

Thanks for all.

In the meantime I would like to know your comments on my starting point: backup impossible.

In fact, as per my last 2 replies to you, I can not understand what did run bad, and I should like to understand, because this is another method of getting GOOD backups of UPDATED PTE files, is it so?

Please, kindly try to spend some more time with this trouble of mine, OK?

Regards,

Jose

Hi Jose,

I can only spend a little more time on this as I have other work to do.

Firstly:- About SD-Cards and Mem-Pens.

1)

There is a lot of "Old-rubbsh" talked about these things and a lot of theory

from Manufacturers-Specifications and Advertisment "bunkum" but in the

real World things are quite different,viz:-

2)

A USB-2 "Mem-Pen" is a serial-data device whose speed is dependent on the

amount of USB-Devices connected to the PC (Mouse,Keyboard,Printer etc).

On a lightly-loaded PC the transfer rate is about 25.Mbps which falls

off down to 5.Mbps when using more than 5/6 USB-Devices on the PC.

3)

SD-HD Cards are Class-Rated at 2,4,6 MBps (Guaranteed lowest Speed) but in

fact are just as fast if not faster than USB-2 on a heavily loaded PC.

4)

Modern SD-HD Cards have a minimum 'Life-Span' of 10 years Data-retention

provide they are not exposed to heavy EMF-Interference (Store in Tin-Can).

Why do you worry about this ? your fingers and eyes cant match that speed!!

Your Back-up to Zip Problem

You can do 3 things:-

1) Zip up an entire Folder with all the Show-content in the Folder + Dat.File

2) Zip up an entire Folder without the PTE.Exe but will all the other contents.

3) Zip-up the PTE.Exe Slideshow by itself without the Show-Folder contents.

4) Everything MUST BE "Saved-As" before attempting a Zip-operation.

Other Problem

When using the PTE-Program it tends to remember the last Folder used and

one has to be very careful to make sure you are Zipping the correct Folder.

This MUST CONTAIN the Dat.File + Contents otherwise its useless !!

Your original problems were due to the way you were managing your Folders.

Brian (Conflow)

Hi Jose,

I can only spend a little more time on this as I have other work to do.

Firstly:- About SD-Cards and Mem-Pens.

1)

There is a lot of "Old-rubbsh" talked about these things and a lot of theory

from Manufacturers-Specifications and Advertisment "bunkum" but in the

real World things are quite different,viz:-

2)

A USB-2 "Mem-Pen" is a serial-data device whose speed is dependent on the

amount of USB-Devices connected to the PC (Mouse,Keyboard,Printer etc).

On a lightly-loaded PC the transfer rate is about 25.Mbps which falls

off down to 5.Mbps when using more than 5/6 USB-Devices on the PC.

3)

SD-HD Cards are Class-Rated at 2,4,6 MBps (Guaranteed lowest Speed) but in

fact are just as fast if not faster than USB-2 on a heavily loaded PC.

4)

Modern SD-HD Cards have a minimum 'Life-Span' of 10 years Data-retention

provide they are not exposed to heavy EMF-Interference (Store in Tin-Can).

Why do you worry about this ? your fingers and eyes cant match that speed!!

Your Back-up to Zip Problem

You can do 3 things:-

1) Zip up an entire Folder with all the Show-content in the Folder + Dat.File

2) Zip up an entire Folder without the PTE.Exe but will all the other contents.

3) Zip-up the PTE.Exe Slideshow by itself without the Show-Folder contents.

4) Everything MUST BE "Saved-As" before attempting a Zip-operation.

Other Problem

When using the PTE-Program it tends to remember the last Folder used and

one has to be very careful to make sure you are Zipping the correct Folder.

This MUST CONTAIN the Dat.File + Contents otherwise its useless !!

Your original problems were due to the way you were managing your Folders.

Brian (Conflow)

Hi Brian,

I hope not to trouble you anymore as I understand that you are really professional on your replies and this takes a lot of your time in my own profit! Thanks, once more.

Your explanations on PENs' speed is... a real Wikipedia! I had no idea, neither thought on that before! We are always learning.

At last, this "humor" about PTE tending to remember the last folder used... left me amazed! But this, in fact, may clarify all my starting problem.

I perfectly understood all 4 solutions and I will try them soon.

Thanks very much for all your time and best regards,

Jose