WnSoft Forums

mp3 files in PTE

LindaMills

I have done quite a lot of slide shows using pictures to exe, all using music. but on more than one occasion certain pieces of music cut out a few seconds before the end of the song. I've had to remedy this by changing the piece of music, but now I've got a piece that I particularly want to keep in and it cuts out before it has finished. The piece of music (an mp3 file) plays successfully to the end using Realplayer, so there's nothing wrong with the music file. The music is near the beginning of the slide show so there are plenty of slides and other mp3 files which follow the one which is cutting out.

My next slide show presentation is due soon - any clues as to what's wrong please?

Thanks

Linda

Linda,

I am no expert in these matters. But, if I remember correctly, others may have solved similar problems by bringing the MP3 file into Audacity (free program-download from Internet), and then just 'Export' it as an MP3. Sometimes, this has fixed such problems. Worth a try, and Audacity is a great program to have with PTE.

Gary

Many thanks to all those who offered suggestions regarding the mp3 file which doesn't play to the end. I've just had a quick look at them and they all sound sensible, so will try them asap. I am just about to go on holiday for a week, so I can't start messing about now, but will try Audacity (which I have downloaded) to load the errant mp3 file into. See you in a week - I'll let you know if it was successful!

Regards

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to all those who placed suggestions regarding mp3 files cutting out before the end of play. The problem was remedied by loading the mp3 file into Audacity and exporting it as a wave file. It worked immediately. When I tried to export it to a new mp3 file Audacity wanted me to download lame mp3 encoder, which I'm about to do now, but in the meantime the wave file worked fine.

Thanks again.

Linda