WnSoft Forums

How to copy a slide from one show to another?-Solved

goddi

Greetings

I know I have done this before but now I just can't seem to make it happen. (Windows7)

I want to copy a slide that has a very complicated map route with many keyframes from one PTE show to another PTE show. Can someone point me in the right direction? I do the copy/paste but nothing shows up. I have opened 2 versions of PTE at the same time to try to make the copy/paste but it does not work.

Thanks... Gary

Added later: I does work if I have only one PTE opened and do the copy and then close that show and then open the show I want to paste it to and then the paste works. Why will it not work when I have 2 PTE shows opened at the same time???

goddi,

I do this often.

Here is what I do:

1. Open both your projects.

2. Open slide you want to copy in O&A

3. Copy all your objects.

4. Switch to new project.

5. Insert new slide.

6. Open new slide in O&A.

7. Paste into objects contents of your copy.

Hope this helps

George

goddi,

I do this often.

Here is what I do:

1. Open both your projects.

2. Open slide you want to copy in O&A

3. Copy all your objects.

4. Switch to new project.

5. Insert new slide.

6. Open new slide in O&A.

7. Paste into objects contents of your copy.

Hope this helps

George

=============================

George,

My slide has 49 objects in it and I was afraid that I would miss one of them by having to select each one in the actual O&A window. But, after reading your posting, I discovered that I can do the Copy in the Objects List window (all at once-Shift/End) and then Paste them in a new slide. Works like a champ. I just didn't think I could do a Copy of keyframes within the Objects List. Thanks for the tip.

It also works if you have only one PTE opened and then do the Copy. And then close it and open the other show where you want to paste it in and then do the Paste.

Thanks for the tip. Gary

George,

My slide has 49 objects in it and I was afraid that I would miss one of them by having to select each one in the actual O&A window. But, after reading your posting, I discovered that I can do the Copy in the Objects List window (all at once-Shift/End) and then Paste them in a new slide. Works like a champ. I just didn't think I could do a Copy of keyframes within the Objects List. Thanks for the tip.

It also works if you have only one PTE opened and then do the Copy. And then close it and open the other show where you want to paste it in and then do the Paste.

Thanks for the tip. Gary

Gary,

Glad I could help

George

• 11 years later...

I know this is an old topic but I had a problem attempting this.  I created a slide that has some animation and saved the sole slide as a project.  The entire duration of that slide was 16 seconds.  Opened the project that I wanted to insert that slide into and inserted a blank, copied the objects from the slide I created, and copied those into the blank.  I set the duration for 16 seconds.  However the animation seems to be running at half the speed so by the 16 seconds only half the overall animation completed.  Again, the individual slide project works fine but the same slide when inserted into the target project does not run at the correct speed.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

1 hour ago, SeismicGuy said:

I think that was it.  I was following the directions above that said to insert a new slide so I inserted a blank and then added the objects/animation to that blank.  It seems like I solved it finally by deleting the objects from that blank and then re-copying them in.  Must have just been a quirk.

This is a very old topic, things have changed since 2010

you don't need to copy the individual Objects, just copy the whole slide from Slide view & paste into Slide View in the new Project.

If you have any sounds linked to the Slide it will also copy the sounds into the new project as well

Jill