WnSoft Forums

Creating stop frame animations

arterial

Maybe Photoshop Layer Comps? If the captured image is to cover the full screen then I would think short duration slides (100 mSec?) would be the way to go. I would really like to see your slideshow when it's finished. All of this will probably change when real video is part of PTE.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4465&view=findpost&p=29065

Download link BJC's excellent tutorial

http://www.bjc100.co.uk/PTE/LAYERCOMPS.zip

Information about layers to transparent png files.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4849&view=findpost&p=32465

Tom

Thank you for your reply. I think I may have confused you by using the term layers. I was paraphrasing the respondent in the thread that I quoted and not referring to Photoshop layers. As I understand it there is a way of using "Objects and Animation" facility in P2E to create fast transitions up to 30 frames /sec. I have fiddled with the settings in "project options" but I can not get the effect I am looking for. There was a demo animation in the thread that created in this way which was just what I am looking for. But unfortunately I can not work out how to do it in "Objects and Animation". It may help if you check out the thread I referenced.

Thanks again for your response.

You want to do video ?

To ways possible :

- First method - Put 30 pictures in one slide of 1 second (in O&A window). All at Opacity 0%

The first one will be the first to be put, and the file will be at the botton of the pile

at time 0ms, put the opacity of the firts picture to 100%

at time 33ms, put the opacity of the picture 2 à 100% (and the opacity of the first one at 0% - but this is not necessary)

at time 66ms, put the opacity of the picture 3 à 100% (and the opacity of the picture 2 at 0% - but this is not necessary)

etc

Second slide : idem with 30 new pictures... You could paste this first slide, and change the name of the pictures

- Second method - Put one picture per slide of 33 ms of duration

Use small picture files (about 50ko is possible)

But Igor is working to do it easier !!!!!

I think it is also possible to use 30 pictures in one big jpg picture and use the new possibility of PTE. But it is a hard work to do this picture with higt accuracy

Good luck !

I regularly use sequences of short video clips,time laps etc in sequences. One total time lapse seq contains over 4300 images at 30ms This plays pretty well on my latest machine and even on the older ones as the image size was only 640 x480 ( shot some years ago on early digital cameras) The exe file is only 192 megs for this.

The latest programmes contain slowmo video clips and time lapse sequences at 2048 x 768 The exe file is quite large 1.1 gigabytes but it plays fine on 2 of my fastest machines with GTX460 and GTX285 graphic cards onboard. You need plenty of memory!

Video clips are saved as individual frames and loaded in bulk (using the tab key) onto the time line and quick transition selected for all and time interval of 30ms or near depending on smoothness of motion.

www.rtfract.com

Richard,

May I ask what software you are using to break down your video clips?

Tom.

Hi!,

After reading this thread I was inspired to have a go, I found a prog called Videomach, (download it from the web) it's free to use for life but puts a banner on the first couple of jpegs produced,( very easy to delete them and they wont be missed in the final output into Pte).

I used my web cam to record a small Avi,ripped it to jpegs into a folder on my desktop and imported the whole lot into pte in the usual way.

I set the global settings to 30 msecs and no transitions.

It worked a treat.

I had a bit of a problem syncing the sound, but hey you can't expect to do everything with a click of the mouse can you?

Have a go, it's good fun.

I forgot to mention. I used Adobe Audition 1.5 to record the sound from my Avi,then exported it from the edit window as an mp3 into the same folder as the jpegs.

Tom.

Hi All

I am pleased to have triggered off an interest in Stop Frame animation! Thank you for your valuable information. I have been experimenting quite a bit and have managed achieve my objective. To answer the question about converting Video to JPG, I use the freeware software "DVD Video Soft Free Studio" www.dvdvideosoft.com, works a treat. I did not realise you could use SUPER © for the same purpose. I use it for converting AVI's to MP4 and MOV formats avaliable at http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html.

Thanks again for the info.

Alistair