WnSoft Forums

New Slide Show

Barry Beckham

The peace of Christmas is very short this year ! :angry:

As Barry , I think that an AV production is a final product .

But , as Ken , Xaver and others , I love from time to time to understand how it is done .

I thought that this forum had a pedagogic destination ....

Fatal error !

Perharps it would be necesary to open a new section : " PTE Great Masters productions" or something near ? No discussion, only contemplation ...

Happy new year to all , magnific av and slide shows !

daniel .

How dare we mere mortals, to criticize, The Masters show.

This is totally unacceptably, since we all know he is the self-proclaimed worlds best photographer/AV producer.(But not mere slide shows)

The rest of us forum members should not show our blurred, stupid and ill-lighted snapshots, because,

these sort of things upsets The Master.

Please, those of us that are simple snap shooters, (I dare say that is most of the over six thousand members) please

pay homage, and refrain from agitating someone that so much enjoys criticizing and bullying others.

Seriously, the guy is a totally different person,on his tutorial DVD's (I have even bought a few.) He is a very good

instructor, but acts like a butt on this forum.

I feel that since he has written so many negative things, in this thread, and others, I could state my humble opinion, also.

Best regards,and a happy, prosperous 2011, Gayland.

Gayland

Oh dear.

I nearly caught your dummy as it flew out of the pram, but thrown with such vigour, I missed it. :rolleyes:

At least I stired you into a response. :D but you have missed the point, again. I have been working on the same slide show, taking on board some of the comments made, to see if I could get it more to my liking. I prbably have to be honest. Apart from the frame of course.

Relax mate and recognice when someone is smiling at you, when their talking.

Despite Gaylands views, I have been working on another version in light of peoples views.

PC only for the moment below. Its a different style completely, and the birds twittereing didn't seem to fit in this version, but I have kept the rain in.

Download from Here

What a difference , Barry !

The music , the tempo , give a more real atmosphere to your show !

As Ken, ones transitions could be more smooth , but you did quickly ..

Perhaps , if you autorize me : in the middle , near the river , ones transtions could be more short because the music is more brutal ; perhaps 1/2 sec ..

Congratulation for your reaction !

daniel

Ken and others

You do mean transitions and not animations don't you?

Its not usual to have any problem with transitions, no matter what size the images are.

I will have to test the show on another machine to see if I can see what your seeing. On my machine there are no technical isses at all.

Daniel

I'll take a look, already fiddled with the short transitions quite a bit and I am at the stage where I seem to make a change, every time I view the show. I need a day or two away from it and then come back I think.

BARRY

will have to run a stopwatch from start to first jerk and possibly that will help you

be a bit as am in process of burning

ken

this is where one needs manual control and skype -- wou;d mke things a whole lot easier

from black screen to rainforest title-- that is animation - +- 30 secs - stop is too rapid

and from title to just before drop of water from leaf +- 58 sec there is a jerk

maybe animation and not transition

does that help

ken

Barry

Surely the champagne ...:rolleyes:

I wanted to say "animaton" ; the first one seems to begin within smoothness , too hard .

The second is also an animation, 58 sec + or - after the beginning ; same impression ; surely only to put more smoothness to the beginning of the animation .

I have yet the same impression about the short transitions, but I know the necesity to go to see other thing and come back to the slide show ....

Gayland

Oh dear.

I nearly caught your dummy as it flew out of the pram, but thrown with such vigour, I missed it. :rolleyes:

At least I stired you into a response. :D but you have missed the point, again. I have been working on the same slide show, taking on board some of the comments made, to see if I could get it more to my liking. I prbably have to be honest. Apart from the frame of course.

Relax mate and recognice when someone is smiling at you, when their talking.

post-3410-011762200 1293897757_thumb.png

Ken and Dadou

I ran the show on my older PC and then on my old laptop and I cannot recreate what your describing. There was a little error in the animation end point of the first slide, cause by all my changes, perhaps it was that which caused the jerk, but all animations have smooth starts and finishes and I am not seeing any technical issues, even on the old laptop. The longest animation is the first one and that is only 18 seconds from start to finish.

Those viewing on lower resolution monitors, may see a little of the moire effect, so I have ticked the anti shimmering box. I am not a great fan of spending good money and effort to get sharp images and then softening the image in PTE, but needs must I suppose.

Dadou

Point taken, the short transitions could do with a tightening up. I have reduced them to 500 in the transition length, anything less doesn't look right to me, a bit too quick.

I will upload this version to my web site after I have viewed it a few more times, just to make sure I am happy with it.

Gayland

What a nice smile you have, thank you for that.

Barry

I have seen the old and new show and like this latest one better. Your pictures are as always outstanding and the dissolves and animations work perfect (on my computer). The music is an improvement over the piano music of the first show, but for me it still misses something of the atmosphere that should go with your pictures of the Rain Forest.

Just my two cents.

Bert

Barry,

I very much enjoyed you images. The sound of rain in the opening was great. The rest of the music was some what distracting.

Keep up the excellent work and have a productive New Year.

George

Hi Barry,

Only saw the second version so cannot comment on the original one. A very difficult subject in my opinion, but you have managed to impart the feeling of "being there". Wonderful photography (as always!) and about the right length. Not sure about the music, but that is a personal thing anyway. Also liked the SFX of the rain and wondered whether some such "low-level" material could have been used throughout - although I appreciate the difficulty of obtaining suitable source material. With regard to music - I often find that the most difficult challenge. I'm currently working on a steam traction-engine type show (yeh, I know it's been done before dozens of times), and I find it difficult to come up with something other than the usual predictable mechanical organ type stuff. Let me know if you have any ideas as my wife is beginning to show distinct signs of distress every time she hears yet another fairground organ... :-)

Regards - Malcolm