WnSoft Forums

Fixed text overlay help

JerryandLois

Hello everyone,

This is probably a oft-repeated question, but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. Apologies if it's a duplicate.

Running 6.5.7, on Win7.

I need to create a presentation with our copyright always showing, so that it's in the same location throughout the entire play. Is there a way to do this, even if some slides pan and zoom? Perhaps a global text that's independent of what any individual slide is doing?

Many thanks!!!

Jerry

PS: I realize there's the basic text I can add that's fixed. But since some slides aren't full frame, the copyright then "sticks out" into the black fill frame. I was hoping to have the copyright text always stay contained in the image area. Thx.

Jerry,

Project Options...Advanced...Show Copyright logo is the obvious "first step" but I suspect you've already tried that. The only other option I can think of would be to add your copyright logo as an independent object to every slide. When you pan or zoom the main image the copyright object should then remain unmoved.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the reply.

In using Project/Options/Use Copyright Logo, and deciding that would be good enough, I then used Create/HD Video for PC and Mac. However, the copyright logo does not show up in the resulting MP4. Other changes I've made are present and the copyright shows in the .EXE I also created.

The intent is to have the copyright visible for a video I will be publishing to YouTube and FB.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Jerry

As Peter says, you can put the logo file at the top or the bottom of the O&A windows

You can also try to put the logo file as a background picture (for each view !). The logo'll be behind the pictures of the view. If you put it as a logo via Project options / advanced, the logo'll be before the view

PS No problem for my to see to logo (put in Project Options / advanced ) in a mp4 file. You've certainly missed something, but I don't know what.

post-6764-066915000 1295260862_thumb.png

Jerry and Lois

Your not going to be able to do what your want here. You cannot have a logo appear in the same place on every image, if some of those images do not fill the frame. Unless you accept the text partly on the image and partly on the border that you mentioned. You would have to do what Peter suggests and apply the logo to every image, but if the images and text are different sizes, that would look pretty awful I would think.

It would almost defeat the very reason for using PTE in the first place. I assume you want to use this method of presentation because of the visual benefits, but the logo will destroy that, to a large degree.

Do you mind me asking why the logo is so important and then someone may come up with an alternative idea that might suite your needs

Hi everyone,

Thank you again for the replies!!!!

I took a long look at what we were trying to accomplish, and opted for the much simpler global project settings. The copyright doesn't jump around, the rest of the presentation just looks great, and all has worked out. Previous posts were right - were I to have put text objects in on a per-slide basis, I think the end result would have been pretty goofy.

This was a precursor to a series of presentations we're considering, and accomplished what we needed after all.

Again - many thanks!

Jerry

PS: FWIW, if anyone's interested, we posted a HD version on our FB page (images from two trips through SE Alaska by private yacht). Here's the link

Alaska: Whales, Wildlife, and Water