WnSoft Forums

An Eye for Beauty

colin hill

Xaver

but it does not take into account that it will overburden the typical member of this forum to write significantly more than just "I like it" or "I don't like it"

Yes, your right, perhaps those who are over burdened should put the time into making their slide shows, we wouldn't want to over burden anyone would we. :rolleyes:

TYPICAL THREAD

Barry posts a show

everybody that has ever bought a tutorial gets out their prayer blanket and chant " praise Barry, he has returned with more eye pleasing candy" begins

anybody that critiques his work are rebuffed and ostracized

-- last time i was trying to sort out whether it was a transition or animation that was causing a problem and ran stopwatch results to aid him, i could never find an answer granted i took some time off but i did search when i came back

-- guess i will never know :(

Then we have somebody that produces an experiment and they either get shot down or nobody answers

cant win em all B)

ken

(Sorry Colin for responding to Ken over your shoulder)

Ken,

For a price we can all learn from BB,but what I don’t buy,is the lame excuse for his original post here.

I’m sure everybody knows,that you can get all of those tutorials free from a certain site,but even at that,they are overpriced.

I had a look at the BB (who let all the flies in)forum. Wow! there has been up to 45 members online and all at the same time. :D

The winter nights must just fly by. :rolleyes:

Surprisingly,there was a distinct lack of the crap that he regularly dumps here on members at what has become his public convenience.

All is not lost with the AVs though.I inadvertently ran the entire BB collection through an exe to pictures prog.

Even allowing for the original jpeg compression,with a bit of totally accidental tweaking/correction,the jpegs cleaned up just fine.

Fully usable in AVs and even good ole fashioned slide shows.Obviously I recommend dumping the dreadful elevator musak, but after that,its good to go.

I had uploaded a reworked BB ‘Rainforest’ AV a while ago, but it was my first attempt and every bit as poor as the original

(am I allowed to say that?). I took it down at BB’s request.It could have been something to do with tampering with a masterpiece,

or making a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. I can’t be sure.

Let me know what AV had the glitch.The new enhanced versions are guaranteed 100% glitch free.

Davy

THINK IT WAS THE RAINFOREST WE WERE AT BUT the wife died that morning and my grey matter took a vacation from the forum "whi/bi'n/why cant we/continual negatives", i really needed break from that when there are people that appreciate what some are trying to do for them

ken

Ken

Thats a little bit unfair, I tried to recreate what you saw on three different PC's and couldn't do it. If I can't recreate it, I can't fix it, but then you had much bigger fish to fry and I dropped it for very obvious reasons.

Davy

My word, you are a angry chap all of a sudden, or is it your humour. I think I misread your intentions before and you told me you had been joking. You sound pretty angry to me this time.

Ken

I don't really know if my system is OK, I assume it is, but you know how PC's can behave. I have had my share of problems with this 64 bit machine. Only had it 8 months, but its been formatted 4 times. I have moved on now from that Rainforest slide show, water under the bridge as they say, but as Igor points out, unless you can recreae a problem yourself, how can you even start to address it.

... Yes, your right, perhaps those who are over burdened should put the time into making their slide shows, we wouldn't want to over burden anyone would we. :rolleyes:

But how shall they do it (making their slide shows)? From nothing nothing comes :o

Regards,

Xaver

Barry,

Angry is a normal,though usually short lived emotion.My intentions are usually well defined.

Perhaps too many of your posts are being misread here.

Being ambiguous,or coming across as trying to be too clever is best avoided.

By all means keep on the pointy hat and cloak,but ditch the high horse.

If you could try to use your talent to help,guide and encourage others,I'm sure it would be appreciated.

My punishment for being angry and negative is I'm going to remove my ‘Best of Beckham’ 5.25” floppys from ebay. :)

This has nothing to do with the negative feedback I have been getting from peeps because they didn’t feature some England footballer.

Davy

Davy,

"If you could try to use your talent to help,guide and encourage others,I'm sure it would be appreciated."

This is what is needed on this forum. Very well said Davy. Newer members need this and I am sure can benefit from the experts opinion. :)

Colin

If you could try to use your talent to help,guide and encourage others,I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Yeah, your right, never thought of doing that before :rolleyes: I'll try it next time and we will see what the result is. What is it about someone making tutorials for sale that upsets you so much.

Boys, boys, boys

If I didn't know better, I'd think I was reading about verbal jabs by a group of kids in a sandbox. :unsure:

Is this what this forum is about? This thread just goes on and on with no end in site - give it a rest already.

This all started with a rather basic so so show by Colin who did mention in the lead off post, that it may not be every bodies cup of tea. I watched it but never commented because for me, it was uninteresting and didn't do much to show off PTE. I was however, amazed at how many members found it fascinating. I realize that we're all at different skill levels in both PS & PTE and that just because we all love taking photos doesn't mean that we also have the ability, desire or patience to put together well thought-out, stylish presentations and I guess that's OK. However, what's a new member going to learn about PTE from Colin's latest sequence. Maybe it's not important to learn from every show. Colin's previous show had a collection of "acquired" images of nude models, which I found inappropriate for this forum, mixed in with fractal designs. Where does it say that you have to use your own images to make a slide-show, I do it all the time. Many of my sequences are for clients who supply the photos. I make it perfectly clear who took the images in the end credits along with music performer so there's no assuming the images are mine.

I think for some of us, when we're notified of a newly posted show, we want to see something that will inspire us, that tells a story, has a natural flow or leaves us wanting more when the sequence ends. Again, individuality plays a role both for the author and viewer but good shows do stand out and if we can nail down what makes a sequence of images great, whether it be subject matter, clarity, colors, animation, transitions, 3rd image creation, music etc.. I believe our shows will become more interesting to the viewer and more satisfying to the author.

Without having met people that we correspond with makes it difficult to read emotion. Some are more sensitive than others, actually, I think most creative people are overly sensitive to criticism but won't admit it. We all want acceptance but some will simply put out more volume rather than focusing more on the quality to get it. All you get from that is a reputation.

Greg Gordon

Colin,

I did try.

Barry,

The roll eyed reply bodes well for the future.Look forward to the new Barry.

I have nothing against paid for tutorials per se,but it’s the time of Youtube and file sharing.

Having to pay for tutorials or download for free,that’s a choice for the individual.

You might feel cheated,but that could well apply to the peeps who actually paid for your tutorials.

Greg,

I agree with you that this has dragged on a bit.I’m getting bored of making sandcastles with a pointy hat.

Davy

All,

Early this morning and surrounded by a virtual international peace keeping force,Barry and I met in cyberspace.

I have made the following concessions.

I now have to address Barry as The Wizard of OZ.

Destroy all Jpegs/material pertaining to Barry’s estate.

Do 100 hours community service cleaning his forum.

(Mainly removing graffiti and photo corrections)

Barry concessions were,

To address me as Sir Davy and say goodbye to his tall horse.

Barry get’s to keep the hat and cloak and I get to keep the ruby slippers.

PTE....There’s no place like home.

Sir Davy.

Davy C writes;

I now have to address Barry as The Wizard of OZ.

Maybe Barry should be known as "The wizard of Awe" :D

Greg

I found this Av to be disjointed, an eye for beauty, flowers and then cityscapes and so on. It simply did not work for me. All the different sizes of images with borders were, I thought, distracting.

Just IMHO.