WnSoft Forums

Missing Files

Ian Smith

Have just installed Pictures to Exe on to my new computer and transferred slideshows. Have installed latest version, but it can't find photos when I click on the PTE file. Is there any way of directing the programme to those photos?

Ian

Have just installed Pictures to Exe on to my new computer and transferred slideshows. Have installed latest version, but it can't find photos when I click on the PTE file. Is there any way of directing the programme to those photos?

Ian

For each slideshow project try to put (copy) all slides and soundtrack in same folder as respective PTE file itself. PTE will find them here.

Jose

Ian

It sounds like you will need to find them yourself, at least for the first time. Later versions of PTE do now remember where the images are, so when you open the project file, the images you used (if kept in one folder) will be located for you. If you open up your project file, the slide show should run OK via your preview button.

If that is OK, then use the file tree to navigate to where you stored the pictures for that slide show. Once you have them showing in PTE, resave your project file, probably a good idea to renaim the project file too, keep it identifyable from your old one, at least until your sure all is OK. Next time you open that project file the images will be located for you.

• 3 years later...