WnSoft Forums

New Slideshow

Gilio

The long fade transitions work well with type of art. good job.

Greg

Hi Gilio,

Glad you like DigiDaub5. Your show was excellent, with many very intriguing images. I liked the music, too, which was appropriate for the subject matter and pace of the show. Excellent

David P

www.ambiflow.co.uk/DigiDaub

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I loved it. Very artsy, creative, original and it flowed well with the music.

Don't worry too much about Barry. I love his shows. He is quite gifted with AV. They are excellent quality, but rather narrow in scope; and like the music he often uses, suitable, but a bit too predictable. I think you did something unique and challenging here. I hope others will try to top it.

JK

Hang on, what is it with this forum, can't I make any comment at all without some comment on my comment? What the hell is the point of giving feedback, when anything said that doesn't backslap is jumped on.

All you said, Barry, was that you didn't like it. Not much of a helpful comment.

All you said, Barry, was that you didn't like it. Not much of a helpful comment.

The most comments in this forum are positive when we like a show, but are mostly not much helpfull in making better shows. If one then makes a comment of not liking it, and is attacked for that as not helpful, seems to be hypocritical to me.

Bert

The most comments in this forum are positive when we like a show, but are mostly not much helpfull in making better shows. If one then makes a comment of not liking it, and is attacked for that as not helpful, seems to be hypocritical to me.

Bert

Positive comments are helpful because they are encouraging. Negative comments without explanation are not. No hypocrisy there. Personally I try to make comments which have something to say. If I have nothing to say I keep quite

Mick

I did say, that it didn't have enough interest for me to stay in there. The music is good, but I feel the slide show falls between two stools. Its is not graphics and its not photography. I just don't find the kaleidoscope type effect has enough interest to keep my attention and I want to reach for the escape key after 4-5 images.

Animation doesn't help either. If the content doesn't keep a viewer watching, moving the subjects around won't either.

I like graphics and you see lots of them in pictures we hang on our walls, but they will have to be very good to maintain interest in a slide show and these don't do it for me.

I have no problem that others like it much better than I and respect their view. But how does it help Gilio if all those feel the same as I do stay silent.

Positive comments are helpful because they are encouraging. Negative comments without explanation are not ...

This is a hypothesis that is difficult to prove. In general, there are too many positive comments in this forum. This may be encouraging, but it will not increase the quality of the productions B)

Regards,

Xaver

With deepest respect to all, I think I am the one perceived as "jumping." I am very sorry, Barry that you felt jumped on. I must think more carefully before I speak. Please forgive me.

I did intend to offer what I hoped was simple recognition of a good job and constructive criticism to both of you--Gilio and BBdigital. I know commenting is s sensitive thing; and I am, honestly, a bit too sensitive sometimes too. Barry, I encourage you to speak up with helpful comments. You have a lot to offer. Please don't let my offensiveness hinder your good contributions. Maybe comments that include how and why would be useful when approaching negatives rather than..."I don't think your work is interesting."

Personally I find negative criticism more than helpful than backslapping. My friends love my photography and AV, so I get all backslapping I need from them.

Gilio, I personally thought the blend of Photography and Graphics and mirror images was well done and tasteful. It captures a lot of thought and feeling and reflects how I like to think about light and shadow, and spatial arrangements. You photography/graphics captured well how we think and see art as a function of nature.

Judy

No problem, I jumped in rather quickly myself. No offence taken :D

The forum sometimes seems like an old boys club of self congratulations and we rarely see any attempt to move the bar up. There are some exceptions of course. I fully agree with what Xaver said :- Positive comments may be encouraging, but it will not increase the quality of the productions. But then I have been saying this for some time.