WnSoft Forums

Another Week Along the Trail

cagney123

It's been a while since I've announced anything, so I just wanted to say I've got a new show up at beechbrook.com entitled Another Week Along the Trail. Basically it is a week of adventure in southeastern Utah, my favorite camping spot. I like to travel light, so it was just me and Sammy, my dog, and Ragnar, my 4Runner. No tents or trailers. I do take a tarp for protection from rain and wind.

I hope some of you will enjoy the show.

Jeff Lunt

PS...I used the Beta version 7.0 and loved it. The last shot in the show is from HD video.

Nice one Jeff,

I've always enjoyed your productions in the past and love the way Sammy poses for you - but dang, now you've gone and trained him to get you to pose too, and it looks like he's learned to press the shutter - LOL.

Really great solitude and perfect choice of background music. Nice job on the sunset and video at the end!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Jeff,

So glad to see you back on the road again. I've missed your shows! Southern Utah is such an amazing area and I am fortunate to live only a few hours away myself. I thought the music was a good match and I liked the video sunset at the end. I envy your minimalist travel routine. It certainly affords you the ability to camp at some scenic and solitary places. I'm more the RV type, but we do two a 4-wheel drive so we get lots of opportunity to explore the back country. Thanks again for sharing this.

Thank you all so much for making me feel welcomed back. It has been a long time for me and health has kept me from being around on a regular basis. But a very warm welcome has given me strength to keep on plugging away.

Your kindness won't be forgotten. Thank you.

Jeff Lunt

Welcome back Jeff! It was a welcome sight for me, when I picked up your new AV on Beechbrook. Your presentation is well done, lots of nice "touches" in your technique of photography and presentation. I enjoyed the whole thing and as usual found myself trying to identify a few specific spots! I'm in a three week wait until my next journey into our red-rock zone. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Boy, it's great to see you back again, Jeff. I have kept every one of your shows, and used several at the camera club to motivate the troops into doing their own shows, always plugging PTE of course.

This latest show is right up to the standard of the rest, except perhaps I found the transitions a little quick, My taste would be to slow the show down a little, but that's just me.

I'm pleased your health appears a bit better Jeff, enough for you to buy a new camera which is great, maybe a Canon 7D perhaps?? though your 300D used on your earlier shows was no slug either.

All the best, my friend, from my wife as well, who always watches your shows,

Best regards,

Colin (New Zealand)

Robert and Colin...

Robert...glad you're still at it. I'll be looking forward to your next show. I think we both love the red rock country...and both have pretty easy access to it. Every time I come down the road from Monticello and see the cameo cliffs I'm stunned. I keep thinking I'll get tired of it, but it always looks different and spectacular.

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Colin...you reminded me of something very important. Years ago I would make what I thought were entertaining travelogues on video...similar to what I do here. When I returned

from an adventure I'd have my parents over and present the show. I'd glance over to see if they were paying attention. My mother would be knitting, never looking up, and my dad's head would

be fallen back with his mouth open...a sure sign he was asleep. It made me very self conscience about

showing anything. But you reminded me that people on this forum are here because they love seeing

new places and other people's talents with a camera...and of course, my favorite part, mixing it all together adding music with PTE. The right audience for what we enjoy doing and showing. Show and tell. I always enjoyed that in grade school. My wife still has show and tell with her good friends.

If the show isn't too long I'll keep the pace a bit more relaxed so as to be able to examine each picture before the next one pops in. Since I wasn't too pleased with the pictures until I did some post processing, I moved them along...plus I felt it got a little redundant in places.

I wish I could afford the 7D...but actually I was looking for an SLR with the articulating screen as my back is quite a mess...and a few other parts. I got the 60D at half the price of the 7D. The HD video works pretty well...and matches my camcorder HD perfectly.

Okay, this has gotten to be a reply of saga proportions.

All the best to you,

Jeff

It's been a while since I've announced anything, so I just wanted to say I've got a new show up at beechbrook.com entitled Another Week Along the Trail.

Jeff -

So glad to see that you're back. I enjoyed the slideshow, and you've brought your talents back stronger than ever. I've been away myself, but for different reasons. About a year ago I made the shift from stills to DSLR video (Canon T2i). Whole new world for me. I kept trying to do video with stills and slideshows, but just couldn't go further. Now I have a lot more room to express myself, but frankly, I'm in over my head most of the time. Video is difficult!

Anyway, it's great to see your stuff again. BTW, how do you keep Sammy out of the rattlesnakes?

Take care,

Dave

Jeff -

So glad to see that you're back. I enjoyed the slideshow, and you've brought your talents back stronger than ever. I've been away myself, but for different reasons. About a year ago I made the shift from stills to DSLR video (Canon T2i). Whole new world for me. I kept trying to do video with stills and slideshows, but just couldn't go further. Now I have a lot more room to express myself, but frankly, I'm in over my head most of the time. Video is difficult!

Anyway, it's great to see your stuff again. BTW, how do you keep Sammy out of the rattlesnakes?

Take care,

Dave