WnSoft Forums

Project options change

Hi,

I find that in the 'new' Project Options, the box to set the 'aspect ratio' has moved to the Main tab and the box to specify the 'virtual pixel size' has stayed on the Screen tab.

I much preferred it when the two were together and I could set my ratio and pixel size at the same time and make sure that they were compatible without toggling between the two tabs.

I suppose that there must have been a good reason for the change but is there any possibility that they could go back to being on the same tab, please?

Regards,

Sheila G

Sheila

I made the same point a while back too, it makes no sense to me to have those on different screens. If you want one, you generally want the other too.

I also still find the switch from slide list to time Line awkward. The buttons should be around the centre of the screen at the very least and not as far right as its possible to get them. The f6 toggle was some help, but its too close to F5 that starts a preview and I find I keep hitting that in error.

Hi Barry,

I didn't realise the point about ratio and pixel size being separated in the Project Options had already been raised!

This fact bothers me because it's in the settings that we decide upon what we want as we start a project. It's all too easy, more so for someone new to making sequences, to enter a value for one of the settings and, not realising that the other will change automatically, actually find that the final result, when projected or played back, is not quite what they expected.

The position of the buttons doesn't bother me ................ I don't work speedily (!!) so the second taken to check their position isn't a problem for me.

Regards,

Sheila G

• 2 months later...

I agree with both points.

I hadn't realised the two options had been moved to different tabs, as not really looked at that yet.

But I feel they should be together.

The buttons to switch to Slides/Timeline I now find annoying, I keep hitting Project Options.

It is more time consuming to have to keep moving the mouse, OK not much for one image, but the bigger the screen, the farther the distance. Consider how many times it is done when making a sequence, this will add a lot to the overall time.

It was so much easier with the one button in the centre where it used to be.

Jill

Jill

I raised that issue as well some time ago. I cannot see the point on putting buttons you use all the time at the bottom right of the screen. The F6 toggle is OK, but I still keep going for the project options too and I miss the F6 key at times and hit F5 and get a preview I didn't want. There is lots of blank space at the bottom left of the screen for the Time Line/Slide List toggle button and also the full screen File list and full screen Slide list buttons too.

It is more time consuming to have to keep moving the mouse, OK not much for one image, but the bigger the screen, the farther the distance.

Jill

The effort of moving the cursor depends on the size of your mouse pad - nothing to do with screen size!

Ken T (APLman)