WnSoft Forums

Postcards from Provence

tkimages

I've just completed a new sequence and am ready for helpful comments/critique.

A few 'warnings' first, it is a long sequence (13 mins) and divided into four movements. It is based on still photographs so the aspect ratio of the images does change, and I know some don't like that, but I don't find it all offensive as I'm a stills photographer. It is PC only at the moment.

Download from here and see what you think.

Cheers,

Tillman,

What an interesting and colorful collection of photographs masterfully presented! Your photographic skills are quite obvious. I'm not sure which segment I enjoyed the best -- the market scenes, the portraits, the doors and windows, or the sunflower sequence. I don't usually like such a combination of different sized photos, but your background and the manner in which you presented them seemed quite natural. My only negative comment was that there seemed to be (for me, at least), too many photos of moths or butterflies on lavender. Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

Tillman,

My only negative comment was that there seemed to be (for me, at least), too many photos of moths or butterflies on lavender. Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

Same comment as Marj. I'll see what else I can do.

Thanks to you and Ken for looking.

Tillman

One of the reasons for doing Audio Visuals is to showcase ones photography and you have done that brilliantly well. It helps of course to have great photogaphs to start with and you certainly have those in abundance. I like the way you put the show together and the pace matched the music very well. I like the variation of transitions which kept the interest going and there was good use of out of focus transitions. I did find the background a little strong,although I guess you wanted to match the mauve of the Lavender fields but I found my eye wandering to the background especially where a portrait shot was occupying only half the screen. I wonder if it would be better to de-saturate it a little. You must have spend a good deal of time on this presentation but I hope you find more time to show us more of your work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tillman,

A great sequence. I thought that the music was well suited to the subject matter, and in particular liked the images in the boules/people movement. I look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks in Northwich.

Regards,

Paul Zietsman

Hi, Tillman,

Congratulations on your captivating Provence show, with its appealing graphic and musical themes. Django and Stephane are great market accompaniment, and the Delibes is perfect against the kaleidoscopic lavender. Your character shots evoke comparisons to Cartier-Bresson. The illuminated waterfronts seem to be extracted from Sète. The refreshingly varied picture shapes pleasantly mimic those of an actual gallery.

I once bicycled for two weeks through this picturesque region, and your presentation motivates me to return soon.

I agree with Ken; manual show control is great!

Thanks so much,

David

Hi Tillman,

I was captivated by your show and comment you on your great photography. The music choice was also perfect. I am looking forward to your next show.

Thanks for showing.

Bert

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Impressive colourful and nice pictures, in perfect colour harmony with the background texture.

Very joyful to watch.

The large amount of very nice pictures might have made possible a split up of the show in two or even three different shows with slightly different themes?

Thanks for showing,

Jan

Could you please tell us which version was used to complete the EXE?

I got an AVG virus alert on this one and I'm not getting it on my own shows or certain others downloaded recently (today).

DG

Version 6.5 was used. I don't understand why you got a virus alert, I didn't get one when I downloaded it onto another computer running Sophos anti virus.

Version 6.5 was used. I don't understand why you got a virus alert, I didn't get one when I downloaded it onto another computer running Sophos anti virus.

TILLMAN

Tested Today, 04:04 AM AVG 2012 AND THE PROVENCE SLIDESHOW

DAT 2101/4635 - NOV 23 2011

TESTED OK ON BOTH MY XP AND WIN 7 SYSTEMS

KEN