WnSoft Forums

Odd behavior with speed options

xahu34

Having in mind the recent discussion on the use of languages in this forum, my motivation for posting has suffered a little bit :angry:

Nevertheless, there is an odd behavior in PTE 6 and 7. Consider a slide with an animated object. Copy this slide in the slide list. For the copy, open the O&A window. The key points in the O&A timeline will show correct times. But if look at the keypoint times in the speed options you will still see the old times, even if you save and reopen the project. In order to have updated keypoint times in the speed options, you may change (and re-change) the time of at least one keypoint.

Regards,

Xaver

The problem is to be seen in v6, as well! So, I don't believe that it is related to the new duration model !?!? In the example, slide 4 is copy of slide 2. In slide 2, the key point times in the speed options window have absolute values, while in slide 4 these values are relative. Try to find out how I produced this example :) I guess that shifting slides will produce similar effects.

Regards,

Xaver

OddKeyPoints.zip

I see what you mean. One for Igor?

DG

The speed options seem to work correctly, also in cases where they have not been updated. Nevertheless, I would recommend to fix this issue. I noticed it while looking at Morasoft's project on the new 7 wonders. Firstly, I thought that he had done something wrong, and it took some time until I noticed the said inconsistency.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

I have been working on something involving Speed Options and in line with what you have highlighted I tried a test.

My fourth slide in a series was showing a start time of 06.00 and finish time of 11.500 with 6 keyframes in between.

I deleted the first three slides leaving just the original fourth slide.

The keyframes in O&A adjusted to their new values of zero and 05.50 (with six keyframes between) but the "keyframes" in Speed Options" maintained their values of 06.00 and 11.50 (with six keyframes between).

DG

... Could somebody please enlighten me as to where I find it in PTE ...

Highlight a slide, open the O&A window, create a few key points, in the drop-down menu of Pan (or Zoon, or Rotate) choose "Setting up". The window with Speed options will open. It is the place where you separate or glue the key points, and where you define the speed profiles.

Regards,

Xaver

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it is a pity that there has not been a response on the observations presented in this thread :(

Here is another odd behavior with the speed options: Consider an image with (say) 5 key points (at times 0:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00), separate the key points (e.g. for Pan) and add speed options as to be seen in the first attached image. Then add another key point (e.g. at time 5:00), and open the speed options window again. What you will see is shown in the second attached image. Odd, isn't it? The speed profile will have been shifted :angry:

Regards,

Xaver

post-5382-0-39466600-1323039256_thumb.jppost-5382-0-25008500-1323039296_thumb.jp

Hi Xaver,

I'm sorry, last weeks I wasn't at home, and have not seen your post.

About your first remark, about the several times unchanged for copied or slipped views, fortunately it's of no consequences. BUT I agree with you it would be better if the right times were written. Sometimes, such small failures could hide more important one.

About your second remark... alas ! If you remember, we have still have a discussion about glued/separated sections, and I think that, if the sections were separated, such awful behaviors will be eliminated. Adding or removing a keypoint is currently a problem with the speed options, glued by default (except Pan - Why ?).

At last, Igor has reply the 2nd of March "Please give me more time to think and discuss this question. I'll reply soon. " I hope he'll remember it !

Jean-Cyprien