WnSoft Forums

Beautiful Dawn

Barry Beckham

what version did you make it with -- the latest 7.0.3 ?

we are not going to solve the problem if we all switch to another av program -- Don’t think that is the answer

if people make shows and send to friends that are not on the forum and have avg and it flashes a virus -they are not going to take a show from somebody again

then you lose business

AVG USE IS NOT LIMITED TO WNSOFT

ken

No problem with MSE. dumped AVG some time ago and recommend vistors to my website to do the same. SPREAD THE WORD.

By the way, great show Barry (as usual) and great photography (as usual). I didn't like the white background I got when viewing on my 4x3 monitor and now you've used the music on your show it will limit my inclination to use it.

Barry,

I have just watched your show with no threat warnings at all. Thoroughly enjoyed it and spot on with the music. As if you are in league with Richard Goldsworthy?

But I do feel that Ken has a point in his post above and I quote from an ealier post of mine while I was I Buderim about 10 days ago......

''This cannot be doing either company any good at all with so many people worldwide who have never looked or even heard of this forum (and hence all the concerned dialogue on this subject) and use both PtE and AVG. This must be effecting them with presumably their changing one or both progams.

I understand that Igor has been in contact with AVG over this but I would have thought (in my 'simple' way) that all AVG would have to do would be to put out a new overriding update to eliminate the previous rogue updates that we have all received causing this chaos.

No doubt I will be told by learned people that it isn't this simple etc etc. But in the meantime?????????''

I have yet to play this AV on my main computer which is still making AVG threats on PtE files.

All very annoying.

Anthony

Version 7.02

Anthony

I don't disagreeand as I use PTE on my tutorial disks I am not too happy for AVG to be classing them as Viruses, but its been going on for a long while. If there was an easy answer, I guess Igor would have discovered it.

I dumped the original download - went the host site - file was marked as pulled - but took a chance anyways and downloaded it

tested the zip - ok -un packed it and the exe ran without an alarm

better update your site mate -- and it would help Igor if you would provide details how you fixed it for the benefit of all concerned parties

ken

Hi Barry,

Great show and ran fine on my computer but then i do not run AVG.

Remember the old saying "business practice prohibits paying a little and getting a lot, in this world you only get what you pay for" .

I had so many problems with AVG that two years ago i removed it and installed ESET or NOD32 and have had no problems since.

Regards

Rick

Hi Barry,

Nice show with great moody shots and perfect disolves and music. Personaly I did not care for the start and finish with a white screen. It ran O.K. on my computer, I use MSE as my virus protection and am happy with it.

regards,

Bert

Colin.

You say that as though I should be doing something about it?

Dump AVG and use something else that you can have some confidence in.Seems to me that AVG has become worse than useless to PTE users, so why tolerate it? Beats me

Barry,

I never intended putting up this comment expecting you to do something about it. I was adding to Ken's comment.

It is easy for you to say dump it. I have the paid version and as I have said before, I intend living with it. If I had

the free version, then I would think about an alternative. PTE is the only problem I am having with AVG, and I did not

purchase it and install it solely for PTE. Why tolerate it? Well maybe I am a tolerant person!!!!

Colin

Wow, beautiful! Barry, do you sell prints? I'd love to run a little booth on an Australian beach, with music like that playing on good Bose speakers, and sell your prints.

(Agree with Bert, the white strips on the edges of my 1920 x 1080 screen just weren't right. But everything else was.)

Simplicity accents the beautiful photos. And there was no need for keyboard control, in fact, I forgot to want it because your show was so good.

JK

Regarding the white background.

I felt sort of forced to use that because with the coming of flat screens I am not happy with the fade up from black anymore. Its hit and miss and on the first image in this sequence it was awful. I almost posted a query for Igor to ask if there is anything that could be done about that in the programming of the software. On the old CRT screens the fade up would have been perfect.

Tried a charcoal colour, tried adding noise, but I didn't like any of them.

I think your right about the white on this occasion and I have now changed it, but I am not totally happy with the slow fade up of the first mono image.

Judy

Its very hard to sell photographs these days no matter how good they are. Many photographers have had to close shops in the perfect location. Why? I can only guess that everyone sees themselves as an expert and tell themselves that if they really wanted a picture like that, they could take it themselves. A good friend of mine is in this position and has had to start teaching photography as well, or his shop would have to close. Generally speaking, Mr and Mrs Average don't see any value in photographs. How many times have you been told. That's a lovely picture, you must have a good camera !!!

'avg classes it as a trojan'

A little harsh of AVG classing this as a Trojan.Isn’t this really just Spam?

Still,every cloud has a silver lining and those with AVG have been spared this advertising.

OK it’s not a serious AV/Slide show.More a sort of similar picture cycling.Like‘Groundhog Day’,only not funny.

Maybe a little sad,as the whole thing is an attempt to promote the musical assassin,Richard Goldsworthy.

Mind numbing elevator musak at its finest.The album from Dick (advertised elsewhere on the forum)

is guaranteed to bore the life out of you,your friends and family.Maybe they will fall asleep before the end of the show.

It certainly worked here.

The presentation of images was wasteful and could have easily set the scene for a dozen Slideshows.

BB you are the best,but this year’s award for excellence,goes to AVG!

Davy