WnSoft Forums

What you would like to see in new Navigation bar?

Igor

Let me ask you about your suggestions what can we improve and add in Navigation bar. I'm working on it now and I'd like to hear your thoughts about this to don't miss most important things. Thanks!

p.s. also we're adding new effects for the next versions of v4.20.

I would like the ability to make my own custom navigation icons.

It would also be nice to have the current image and the total images shown

eg. 14 of 42

I would also like a hook into flash. Most computers are flash 6 complient

and even if they aren't they should be.

Thanks for a great program.

Keep up the Exellence of Execution.

Ralvis

Igor:

What about being able to go to a particular slide in a presentation ? We need to be able to pause/stop presentation and then type in a slide number for it to go to.

Looking forward to new effects too !!

Thanks for chance to suggest

Jim

PS (Since I am here... how are you coming with the OBJECTS that will remain in position with different screen resolutions ;);) )

Igor,

Im still in agreement on the Slide count- Total count and updated /customized nav bar look as we previously discussed in older topics of the navigation bar. (Slide count viewable in the navigation bar would be slick.)

Also a few other thoughts have come to mind :

1- Since now there is options of Last Slide actions in PTE ... how about a Last Slide button too ?

2- Custom Screen Positioning of the nav bar ... maybe even a vertical version ?

3- Possibly Hide/Show nav bar thru mouse cursor movent ? This way the nav bar can be hidden from view if not needed for some period ... but its always available on request of mouse move?

Im sure Ill think of a few more :lol:

Igor,

I would like to see two double "arrow" buttons on the nav bar for large incremental jumps back and forward. Similar to scroll bars which usually have click for small movement and also for whole page up or down. These could be programmable by the user for the number of slides to skip in a large incremental jump.

Now that the nav bar can be made visible in synched shows, I would like to have one not quite so obvious (perhaps a transparent option, with customizable colours, designed to be noticeable against both a light and dark background).

As already mentioned, a nav bar button for turning the background sound on or off would also be useful.

Another thing I think would be nice on the Navigation bar

is a slider bar accross the bottom of it. Like the ones the

media players use when they are playing a video or a song.

It would be nice if we could click on it and drag it back and forth

to select the slide we want to be at.

cc

My highest priorites would be:

1- Allow custom nav bar. I should be able to tell you the filename of the bar, and the X,Y coordinate where it should be placed. I should also be able to tell you in pixel dimensions, which commands to enable and where the different commands are.

2- Allow nav bar to be omitted for selected slides. (Perhaps allow all the options above to be overriden on a slide-by-slide level?)

3- Optionally allow a custom defined small icon that upon moving the mouse over it expands to the custom or default nav bar.

4- Perhaps "pause and show nav bar on mouse click" option (this is somewhat related to my suggestion in another thread).

Harold

I would like the ability to make my own custom navigation icons. It would also be nice to have the current image and the total images shown

eg. 14 of 42

OK!

What about being able to go to a particular slide in a presentation?

I consider this option the most important.

PS (Since I am here... how are you coming with the OBJECTS that will remain in position with different screen resolutions

It's a part of future improvements in graphical area and we scheduled it for next versions when it's done.

Maybe a Volume control.

or at least a mute button.

How you think, it should mute/control sound globally or for application of this presentation only?

1- Since now there is options of Last Slide actions in PTE ... how about a Last Slide button too ?

Good idea.

3- Possibly Hide/Show nav bar thru mouse cursor movent ?

Yes.

2- Allow nav bar to be omitted for selected slides. (Perhaps allow

all the options above to be overriden on a slide-by-slide level?)

OK!

4- Perhaps "pause and show nav bar on mouse click" option (this is somewhat related to my suggestion in another thread).

I'll try how it may looks.

Another thing I think would be nice on the Navigation bar

is a slider bar accross the bottom of it. Like the ones the

media players use when they are playing a video or a song

I have drafted many variants how nav. bar may looks.

http://www.wnsoft.com/beta/NavBars_withSlider.gif

But it still requires work on its visual view. I'd like to make it elegant.

Thank you for your suggestions!

I've printed all message from this thread and will work on it more.

Igor:

Thanks for your responses !!!

Re the mute/control volume. If I understand it properly, it should be applicable just for the current presentation.

Thx

I will go look at you nav bars now

Igor:

I would opt for version 2 or 3

I am not sure what the vertical parallel white bars on the left side of #2 are for. That seems to be the only difference between 2&3

Just adding Comment to the NAV BAR-Slider.gig

I personally like the appearance of the elongated version #1.

It looks more streamlined ... whereas the others look a bit too packed.

The elongated will allow less user miss clicks-drag since the buttons are not directly above.

Also with the elongated version I see the possibility to add the the SLIDE counter info. Top would have actual Slide # in view ... bottom would show Total Slide count.

I know youve got many details to sort .... but allowing a button in NAV BAR to show/hide the Slider would be nice.

Selecting NAV BAR color ( as in Button Objects - clear or color) during build would be desirable.

Nice !

Igor,

You responded to everyone else's suggestions except mine. But, I'm a big guy - I won't feel ignored. I'll just crawl into my hole and sulk! I don't care at all! Really! I've been ignored here before. So, what else is new? B):blink::P

Joking aside, Igor has just demonstrated how open he is to others' ideas, most of which were expressed more descriptively than mine. Anyway, Igor has agreed to give us everything I would ever need in a nav bar, except "fast-forward" and "fast-reverse".

re

How you think, it should mute/control sound globally or for application of this presentation only?

For "this presentation only". (are you listening, Igor?) ;)

Al,

Excuse me :)

I would like to see two double "arrow" buttons on the nav bar for large incremental jumps back and forward. Similar to scroll bars which usually have click for small movement and also for whole page up or down. These could be programmable by the user for the number of slides to skip in a large incremental jump.

I need time to think how it will works.

Now that the nav bar can be made visible in synched shows, I would like to have one not quite so obvious (perhaps a transparent option, with customizable colours, designed to be noticeable against both a light and dark background).

Yes, color can be adjustable. Semi-transparency won't be very soon.

I feel we have to add various variants of view.

About sound button. I wanted to say that sound volume/mute button may affect locally on sound level for this application of presentation or globally for Windows in whole.

Thanks, Igor

Re the nav bar choices, I vote for number 3 (it's more compact). By the way, is the slider for volume control or fast forward/reverse? Maybe it should be labelled as such. I also believe the design could be made more pleasing, particularly when seen against a dark background.

Re "transparency": Would it be more difficult to add this feature to the nav bar than it was for the "button" object?

Re the "double arrows": If not programmable by the "user", then by the "maker" would be good - maybe preferable. I don't see why it is harder to add this option than the ability to specify which slide to go to. However, if you provide slider control of fast forward or reverse, then this option would not be required. I only suggested it since you (or someone else) had earlier indicated that it would be very difficult to program the slider option.

Thanks again for listening to our requests and responding to them. :)