WnSoft Forums

Getting the Bird

Barry Beckham

Barry, I wasnt expecting a tutorial. Those stunning images should be in a show in their own right.

Well, to be honest I was unsure what to do with them. You can't make a slide show with a story, ie start , middle and end and the only thing is to just put the images to music. For some reason that didn't seem enough, not sure why. I was happy with the images and wanted to show them, so chose that path. I considered adding the bird names, but decided not to. Words would have distracted and most people wouldn't recall the names the next day.

I think that was an excellent A/V and I am very happy to think of it as an A/V rather than a Tutorial. Excellent bird photography involving far more patience than I could muster but maybe you have inspired me (when it gets a bit warmer).

At the top of the page here

http://www.beckhamdi...ideshows_3.html

=================

Greetings Barry,

I downloaded and unzipped the PC version. My problem is that it will not play. I have downloaded/unzipped twice, rebooted, but it does not open.

I see others have not had a problem, unless they have downloaded only the Mac version. But can you check your PC version?

Thanks...

Gary

Gary

I downloaded and tried the PC show and it works fine

================

Barry,

Very strange. I have not had any problems with other downloads from you or anyone else. Only this one file. I have no idea what is going on.

I'll keep trying.

Gary :(

ADDED Later: It plays on my old XP PC. So it is just something going on with my Win7 PC. Always something.

Gary,

I downloaded and played the show on my Windows 7 x64 Home Premium machine with no problem.

Barry,

Beautiful photos. You said that you just photographed them in ordinary places where anyone would have access. I can't imagine seeing that many amazing looking birds outside of a zoo here in the US. Australia must be an amazing place. Were some of those birds kookaburras (not sure of the spelling)?

Anyway, thanks for the presentation. It inspired me to grab a long lens and be on the lookout the next time I'm around birds that are more colorful that the large black ravens we have around here.

Gary

Yes a couple were Kookas and the vivid blue ones are the Blue Satin Bower bird. You still have to go to where the birds are, like all places the birds are in the areas they feed and nest. We get very few birds in our garden, because its just not the right environment for them.

However, with what I have learned I wish I had given this a go when I was still in the UK. Its the patience thing that is the key, you need time. Most of the shots were taken when we were away with our caravan, so we were sort of on the spot for longer and we didn't have to keep rushing home. That helped

That is odd, because it was made on Windows 7. Could it be something to do with virus programs, does your other machine have a different anti virus running?

=====================

Barry,

I use MSE. I've run scans but it shows the PC is clean. ...:( I'm not having problems with any other file. Mysteries of life! I turned off MSE but it did not help.

But I copied the exe to my D: and my E drives (separate physical hard drives) and it played. Hmmmmm......?

Gary