WnSoft Forums

OAK

post-1832-0-07392900-1335867625_thumb.jp

Some time ago (over 4 years),I submitted a proposal to allow authors to perfectly synchronize their slideshow of multiple objects with each other and with the soundtrack. It was only a model. LINK

Today in module A & O only one object timeline is visible and when you have ten or more how to adjust them properly?

To my mind it is now the main lack in PTE. All competing products display several tracks of images and sounds

I have deeply rewritten the old program . It became operational with a new name OAK.

I hope it will help authors in achieving their slideshow with many objects. During his last trip to France, Igor had the opportunity to try it exclusively with the help of Gerard Desroches and has enjoyed its functionalities.

What means OAK.: Objects, Animation, KeyPoints

A simple screenshot

post-1832-0-52527200-1335867580_thumb.jp

The program includes a user's guide in English, and all terms, buttons, tooltips and messages are in English. An illustrated PDF documentation in French and in English is included in the setup.

Setup program HERE

ps: An entry in the help menu allows you to contact me directly by email. Feel free to tell me the inevitable mistakes in the use of English.

Greetings,

I downloaded and installed the Oak program.

I figured out how to get to the English menu.

I figured out how to Copy one of my more complicated O&A's from one of my slideshows into Oak.

I tried to read the PDF, but I am not sure of a few things.

Here are my questions:

1-When I 'Play' the slide, I do not see any 'action' in the main screen. Why not?

2-The music associated with that screen does not play. Should it?

The slide I am using is a map that automates the route driven through a country. A gif is attached.

Thanks...

Gary

post-1794-0-26482100-1335882517_thumb.gi

Since my announcement (in France this morning) I rebuilt a new setup. There remained a slight bug. Same link load

To answer Gary, the purpose of OAK is not to redo what PTE is doing in a very good way. This is not a new module A & O. (months and perhaps years of development)

The only purpose of OAK is to adjust all the keypoints among themselves and with the soundtrack with the help of Audacity labels. It allows you to change all the keypoints in a context where all are visble which is not the case today with PTE.

Since my announcement (in France this morning) I rebuilt a new setup. There remained a slight bug. Same link load

To answer Gary, the purpose of OAK is not to redo what PTE is doing in a very good way. This is not a new module A & O. (months and perhaps years of development)

The only purpose of OAK is to adjust all the keypoints among themselves and with the soundtrack with the help of Audacity labels. It allows you to change all the keypoints in a context where all are visble which is not the case today with PTE.

===========================

Jean-Claude,

Yes, I see that it is for the purpose of adjusting keypoints. But when I 'Play' the slide, I don't see it happening in the main screen. I don't hear the portion of the music that was associated with that slide. I don't see the keypoint move in the main screen as I make the adjustments. So I must be doing something wrong. Let me fiddle around some more and I will see what happens.

Thanks for the program. Very interesting.

Gary

Hello Jean-Claude,

Thank you very much for this wonderful tool for AV enthusiasts! I highly recommend it.

We plan rework the Objects and animation editor in version 8.0 (after 7.5) and I'll try implement at least some features and ideas of the OAK editor.

Hello Jean-Claude,

Thank you very much for this wonderful tool for AV enthusiasts! I highly recommend it.

We plan rework the Objects and animation editor in version 8.0 (after 7.5) and I'll try implement at least some features and ideas of the OAK editor.

Igor thank you to appreciate and recommend this program. This is great news to hear that these features will be implemented in the version 8 of PTE. Authors who play with many objects within a slide and now have many difficulties to adjust them precisely will be happy.

...So I must be doing something wrong...Thanks for the program. Very interesting.

Thank you also to use this program and to appreciate his contributions to the construction of complex views.

You make no mistake. In OAK there is no sound no waveform no moving picture, only the key points. You can move several at once they are on a single object or several, you can align them vertically with very high accuracy with labels, or by activating the zoom. You can compact the whole view proportionally maintaining the gaps between all key points. Recovering labels Audacity you can perfectly synchronize objects with the soundtrack to a millisecond (May the human ear does not perceive it)

Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude

thank you so much for this, im re-working a sequence I did of Le-Mans a couple of years ago and have many key points and do find it difficult to keep track of them all.

I will give you feedback when I have completed the re- worked sequence.

thank you so much for this once again

ralph

It's always nice to hear that the work which required long periods can be useful and especially here for targets that have not been achieved long time ago.

Thank you Ralph and when your work of adjustment is completed I would be happy to receive as an example a simple copy (from the clipboard) of the most complicated slide of your slideshow.

Jean-Claude

• 1 year later...

Hi - I'm new to this forum, although I have been using and appreciating PTE for a couple of years now.

I have just discovered and experimented with the OAK tool and wanted to express my thanks to Jean-Claude. It does a brilliant job of adjusting and synchronising multiple keypoints across multiple objects. (I just wish I had found it a week ago - it would have saved me so much time on the title sequence for my last project ;-)

Thanks Jean-Claude! ... and consequently I'm looking forward with great interest to PTE 8.0 ...

Angus

Thank you Angus for your comments about this program.

I think many users are looking forward to be able to have these features in the next version of PTE

It is really necessary to be able to precisely synchronize all objects of the same slide. It is a possibility offered by all software in this type of application

Thank you so much Jean-Claude

With 15 minutes of finding this simple PTE tool I saved myself a good hour of editing an animation. That included downloading, installing and learning how to use it.

This will change the frustration of creating a complex animation back into a joy again.

I look forward to PtE 8 inspired in part by your skill.

Mike

Dear Jean-Claude

I downloaded and started using the software OAK.

I find it very useful and quite easy to use.

Since I translated into Italian website WnSoft, the manual and the software PTE (besides Audacity - program and website), I think is very useful for users Italians have an Italian version of the program and the manual OAK.

I have already translated the manual and if you agree could send me the language file (or other file type used) in English or French, to be translated into Italian.

Sincerely

Carmelo battaglia

Thank you Mike and Carmelo for taking a great interest in this program.

Like you, I actually think this tool is essential if a slide contains many objects that you want to precisely synchronize with each other and also with the soundtrack.

It is with pleasure that I see OAK translated into Italian.

Concerning internal program messages in French and English, I can send you by email the internal program file that contains them. Its structure is very simple.

Carmelo , send me please your email address by private message. Once the translation is done I will integrate it in a new version of OAK.

Jean-Claude

• 3 weeks later...

post-1832-0-67929000-1381140599_thumb.jp

Since the redesign of the A&O window with simultaneous viewing time lines of all objects and and the waveforms seems to be further delayed , I propose a slightly improved version of the program OAK with

• Direct modification of the numerical values of keyframes from a grid, and
  • Italian translation of the program and also the italian documentation.

I warmly would like to thank Carmelo Battaglia for this translation and editing of documentation in their language.

release 1.0.2c HERE, OAK is always free

I just hope OAK continue to work with the new version of PTE 8 . In the opposite case I do not intend to adapt it.

I definitely let the opportunity to develop this essential functionality to WnSoft team.

Almost six years of "lobbying" (12 December 2007) and 36.000 lines of code on this subject with successively ProjectAO and OAK programs that have brought nothing so far.

I see that a lot of effort has been devoted primarily to the quality of the product of PTE , but I hope that the time has finally come to seriously improve the working interface of PTE on objects and sounds.

Version 8.5 perhaps?

Jean-Claude

post-1832-0-78055500-1381139615_thumb.jp

post-1832-0-15973100-1381139866_thumb.jp

--------------------------

Puisque la refonte de la fenêtre A&O avec la vision simultanée des lignes de temps de tous les objets et les formes d'onde sonore semble être encore repoussée, je propose une version légèrement améliorée du programme OAK avec

• modification directe des valeurs numériques des keyframes à partir d'une grille, et
  • traduction en italien du programme et aussi de la documentation associée.

Je remercie vivement Carmelo Battaglia pour cette traduction et la rédaction de la documentation dans sa langue.

J'espère seulement que OAK continuera à fonctionner avec la nouvelle version 8 de PTE. Dans l'hypothèse inverse je n'est pas l'intention de l'adapter.

Je laisse définitivement l'opportunité de développer cette fonctionnalité essentielle à l'équipe de WNSOFT.

Bientôt six années de lobbying (12 décembre 2007) et 36000 lignes de code concernant ce sujet avec successivement les programmes ProjectAO et OAK qui n'ont rien apporté jusqu'à présent.

Je vois bien que beaucoup d'effort ont surtout été consacrés à la qualité du produit issu de PTE, mais j'espère que l'heure est enfin venue d'améliorer sérieusement l'interface de travail de PTE, concernant objets et sons.

Version 8.5 peut-être?

--------------------------

• 4 weeks later...