WnSoft Forums

Request for small help

Igor

Microsoft adds more and more obstacles for software vendors.

Yesterday we renewed our digital signature for our software programs (a label "Publisher: WnSoft Ltd." when you launch the installation file). And now I see that SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer 9 shows then following message when I try to launch downloaded PicturesToExe 7.0.6:

"SmartScreen Filter reported that this program is not commonly downloaded"

and "Run" button is hidden under "Actions" button by default. It complicates the installations.

It even despite the fact that software has a confirmed digital signature of verified software publisher.

As I read on Microsoft's website, the only way to solve this problem - have as possible more downloads through Internet Explorer 9 of our software. At some moment SmartScreen will approve the program and will add our digital certificate to a "white list" for future updated versions.

If it possible, please help me by downloading PicturesToExe Deluxe 7.0.6 again from our website http://www.wnsoft.com (not through the link on this forum) using Internet Explorer 9 and start the installation.

This problem doesn't occur in Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. That's not all. Microsoft Windows 8 will bring some restrictions for any slideshow software (WnSoft, Photodex, and others). So we have to solve new problems. I'll tell in details in another post:

for some time downloads that are an exe give that message -- if they are in a zip we do not get that message - i did not complain for fear of getting disparaging remarks about colonials - but when there are free zip proggies [7zip]why not use them rather than have us colonials jump thru hoops to get to your project just remember that gmail will not pass an exe in or out of a zip - unless the extension is changed -[it also helps if you change the extension that you advise the receiver that it is actually a zip, rar or whatever and to rename the file] or if you use 7zip the file will pass but think you have to have 7zip installed on a system in order to open it 7.0.6 download as per Igor method same as before :angry: ken B)

reason being wnsoft has changed host site to one in Germany methinks

Network id#: 8 Hetzner Online AG Gruenberger Strasse 27 90475 Nuernberg GERMANY

details extracted from neo trace

from a site in the USA

discrimination - the colonies getting old stuff

Hi Igor I did as you ask using IE9 Version 9.0.8112.16421IC 64bit edition, and as you can see from attached image all options were available to me. I selected save, and the exe file was downloaded with no problems.

Regards

Geoff

post-1570-0-80526200-1338546992_thumb.jp

post-1570-0-25056200-1338547201_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Igor I did as you ask using IE9 Version 9.0.8112.16421IC 64bit edition, and as you can see from attached image all options were available to me. I selected save, and the exe file was downloaded with no problems.

Regards

Geoff

Hi Geoff

I think you should have clicked "Run" to have the effect Igor requires?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1 :unsure:

Hi Geoff

I think you should have clicked "Run" to have the effect Igor requires?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1 :unsure:

Hi Eric

I think Igor was saying that the "Run" option was disabled, and therefore not available. That was not the case when I tried it, but I've just tried what you suggested, and clicked the "Run" option and it all worked fine.

Regards

Geoff

Igor

No problem downloading PTE in IE9 running under Fusion 4 on an iMac. I did have the same message a few weeks back when I bought a new piece of HDR software, I can't remember how but I somehow said OK download and it did download fine.

Tony Falla

I experienced exactly what Igor is describing when I downloaded the latest version from the Forum, and then tried to run it. Fortunately I was able to discover the little "Run" button hidden at the bottom of the options window, and run the program successfully.

However, I find I can no longer run Video Builder, and here I thought I had a "grandfathered" lifetime "subscription" to it?? Maybe because I've upgraded to a new pc? But I still have my old key file.

I do love the new format for video builder, and all the options for output formats - nice work, Igor! :)