WnSoft Forums

Manual control of show - BUG?

I wonder if anyone can confirm a bug or at least an anomaly in v7.07?

In Project Options do not show the navigation bar but do allow control of the show using the keyboard. Launch a preview of a show, pause it with the space bar or pause/break key. Move up the slides with the left arrow key and the slides display as expected. Now press the right arrow key. Nothing happens. Press again and the slide changes, but to the one after the next ie it skips one. This behaviour does not occur if the show is not paused. Nor does it occur if the 'show navigation bar' option is checked.

Guest Yachtsman1

I seem to remember something similar in the dim & distant past when my hardware wasn't keeping pace with PTE's development. When moving to the next slide PTE has to process it, when moving back, it has already processed it. Could it be something to do with the size of your sldes or old hardware??? :unsure:

Yachtsman1.

Although I appreciate everybody's suggestions I did originally ask for anyone to try to reproduce the fault. As far as I can see only Xaver has done this. I have attached a project file ShowControlBugTest_Aug3-2012_14-34-08.zip which demonstrates the fault on two of my computers. Whilst putting the demo together I did notice that if an object on a slide has two keyframes, one of which lies inside and one outside the transition time to the slide, then the fault does not occur.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regrettably I can't reproduce this problem. I'll try again later on other PC.

I downloaded attached project and start the preview. I immediatelly press Space button to pause the show. If I press Left arrow key once or several times I see only blue picture (beginning of the 1st slide). When I press Right arrow key I see 2nd slide and so on. Everything is OK.

Guest Yachtsman1

I confirm this bug in v7.0.7. Note that this is not a manually controlled show ("Wait for a key press..." is NOT ticked).

Peter

Peter

I'm using 7.07, my system works as it should.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1 :blink:

I made a few extra tests, and I now could see some anomalies, as well. I could create a sequence with 5 or 6 slides, and I could not go back from slide 2 to slide 1 using the left arrow (no matter if the navigation bar was on or off) . When testing Cedric's example, while making fast changes forward and back, the scene sometimes seemed to block, no reactions on the arrows. When making a test with my present work under production (about 100 slides), I did not see any problems. Igor, I would recommend thorough testing.

Regards,

Xaver

Further investigation shows that in pause mode the forward jump is to the end of the transition to the next slide. The reverse jump is to the end of the transition to the previous slide.

In play mode the forward jump is to the beginning of the transition to the next slide. The reverse jump is still to the end of the transition to the previous slide.

For pause mode this makes sense - you need to jump to the end of the transition otherwise the slide will not be visible and the sequence is not running so it won't be revealed. However I can't see the logic for play mode. I would suggest that both jumps should be to the beginning of the appropriate transition then the transition will occur to the new slide as the sequence runs.

The exception to the above is if the reverse jump is to the first slide. In this case the jump is to the start of the transition to the first slide, whether in pause or play mode. Again this doesn't seem logical and I don't see why slide 1 can't follow the same logic as the others. I think this is the second 'bug' that Peter reported.

Coming to the original bug, it appears that after the right arrow key has been pressed and nothing seems to have happened, the sequence has in fact jumped to the time corresponding to the end of the transition to the next slide. However for some reason the transition is not executed so nothing happens. You can show this by pressing play after the first right arrow key press. The correct slide immediately appears and the time to the start of the next transition is the "fully visible" time of this slide.

Andrew

I wonder if anyone can confirm a bug or at least an anomaly in v7.07?

In Project Options do not show the navigation bar but do allow control of the show using the keyboard. Launch a preview of a show, pause it with the space bar or pause/break key. Move up the slides with the left arrow key and the slides display as expected. Now press the right arrow key. Nothing happens. Press again and the slide changes, but to the one after the next ie it skips one. This behaviour does not occur if the show is not paused. Nor does it occur if the 'show navigation bar' option is checked.

My tests using your example project have exhibited the same behaviour not only with the keyboard control ... but also using mouse control .

However ... if I disable Transition Effects in Project Options so there is no effects, the slideshow keyboard control and mouse control all performs correctly.

* You may want to this verify this action with your own tests. There seems something amiss when using Transition Effects

My tests using your example project have exhibited the same behaviour not only with the keyboard control ... but also using mouse control .

However ... if I disable Transition Effects in Project Options so there is no effects, the slideshow keyboard control and mouse control all performs correctly.

* You may want to this verify this action with your own tests. There seems something amiss when using Transition Effects

Yes I had actually already found that there is no problem if transitions are disabled. This ties up with what I said in my most recent post that it appears that the show jumps to the right time but the transition is not executed. If no transition then no problem.

I hadn't tried mouse control but it doesn't surprise me.

I also pointed out in a previous post that if there is animation on the slide with any keyframes later than the transition time the problem does not occur. If all keyframes are within the transition time then it does.

I'm sure if Igor and the team look at the code, the explanation will be clear.

Andrew

My thoughts were to try this and also to compare KFSD and non-KFSD.

You seem to love this feature. It would never come to my mind that I would do or test anything in case when KFSD (keep full slide duration) is on :D

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks,

I confirms two problems:

1. Rewinding back to the first slide.

I'm not sure that it's a bug. The program sets a cursor to zero (0 ms) to be able watch a show from beginning.

2. When Right arrow key doesn't work and you need to press it twice to advance next slide.

I can reproduce this bug only when Navigation bar is turned off.

Igor,

2. When Right arrow key doesn't work and you need to press it twice to advance next slide.

I can reproduce this bug only when Navigation bar is turned off.

The Video Player NAV Bar does not seem to present the issue when enabled. However ... with the Air Style and Sky Style NAV Bar(s) enabled the advance issue is still evident.