WnSoft Forums

Frames in O&A

davem

Is it possible to make frames in O&A either circular or oval ?

I've spent some time searching and practising, but unfortunately can't find an answer. I want to bring in a sequence of faces into an AV I'm preparing. I feel that this would give a better result rather than square or rectangular.

Any advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated for one who gets easly confused.

David

David,

You mean a visible frame - a border? To be applied around a non-rectangular PNG file image? Not that I know of. Somebody else may well know how to do it. In which case, I'll learn along with you!

However, you could always make the two "borders" as PNG files in your image editor and then add them as additional objects in the O&A window. Tip: Add a PTE Frame first then add your real face image and the border PNG as children of the Frame. If you then want to re-position or re-size the face you apply the pan/Zoom change to the PTE Frame object and the two children will dutifully follow momma!

Peter

Davem

It depends what you want to do, but with faces I would guess you want the ovals vertical. There is a lot you can do in CS-5 creating artwork for PTE. Can you try and explain in greater detail what you have in mind because there are lots of different ways to come at this. We can offer ideas, but I can only guess what it is you really want.

PicturesToExe is a great program, but couple it with a good image editor and you can create almost anything.

Oops, Sorry:

Landscapes 2.zip

In fairness, a more professional looking result is possible using an external editor. But to answer your ORIGINAL question, yes it is possible within limits completely within PTE by using Masks.

The size of a SHARP edged Mask in PTE (Pictures to EXE (Executable)) is not big enough to produce smooth results so a PNG (Portable Network Graphics) mask made in an external editor is advisable.

B)

DG

At last it's making more sense thanks to your suggestions.

My shots are in a cemetery and I'm trying to get a sequence of faces of 'angels' on memorial stones to appear through an oval frame on another headstone. The PTE frame and my own PNG frame from CS5 are fine. The faces are part of full frame images which have been partially cropped to allow for movement to appear in the correct place through my frame.

I thought that only the parts of the faces images would appear through the frame. This is not so. All the face frame appears and blocks out everything else then disappears at the set time.

I hope you can follow that. Is there a solution please ?

david

As requested a copy of just the first face of 'Face In' is attached including the main headstone and my oval frame. I have stretched it a bit so you can see the elements I've put in. The images have been reduced in size as has the file size when saving the images.

David