WnSoft Forums

A problem with Windowed mode [RESOLVED]

fh1805

Peter,

I'll try to reply on your initial question raised in this topic. Please excuse me if I didn't understood rightly this subject.

Windowed mode without borders:

We set size of window exactly as user pointed.

But if screen size is smaller, we have to reduce size of window proportionally to keep aspect ratio of a slide.

Windowed mode with borders:

For example, if you set 1280 x 720 we create a window which internal part is exactly 1280 x 720. But total size of window is larger due to borders and caption.

If screen size is smaller than total size of our window, we have to reduce a size of this window proportionally to keep aspect ratio of a slide.

We can not set external size of window with border. Because it's incorrect. A tickness of border and caption vary depending of version of Windows and settings of user. It will cause appearing of black strips around picture.

I agree with Xaver's comment:

It seems to me, that in the windowed mode we define the inner size of the window, excluding the border of the window provided by the operating system. Thus, in cases where we have this border, the overall window is larger than specified in PTE (inner size plus size of the border). On the other hand, it seems that the overall window can never be larger than the screen. So, in cases where (in PTE) the inner size of the window has been set to the full size of the screen, the effect that has been observed here seems to be quite natural.

Regards,

Xaver

There is an alternate option.

In the Project options > Screen tab choose "Fullscreen" mode. Set checked "Fixed size of slide (in pixels)".

It will give your fixed size of a slide on screen and black strips around a picture.

Hi everyone,

This topic has become too cluttered for me to try and find all the parts of the different posts that I might want to have quoted, so let me try and summarize my situation.

Because of the way that I want to operate by "Project Workbench" application I need to run the PTE sequence in a proper window (Windowed mode). I have, therefore, accepted that the best result is to use 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1280x720 image size. The Workbench has been built to that design and used regulary over the weekend. I am extremely happy with how everything is working now.

I totally understand why the 1920x1080 Windowed mode didn't work as I first thought it might. My understanding was flawed.

I totally understand why it would be nice to have the equivalents of "Inside" and "Outside" settings when applying a border with PTE. I support Dave's suggestion for this change.

I cannot claim that this topic is SOLVED because the problem, as I first witnessed it, was cause by hitting some design limitations. If I had thought about it a bit more, I might have realised that, and not opened the topic in the first place. So, in that sense, sorry for wasting everyone's time on what was, in essence, a user error. I will set the topic title to [RESOLVED].

regards,

Peter

Well,

"The mystery masked man was smart

He got himself a Tonto,

'Cause Tonto did the dirty work for free....

But Tonto he was smarter,

and one day said kemo sabe,

Kiss my ass I bought a boat,

I'm going out to sea"

Lin