WnSoft Forums

Something not quite right in the forum software

Lin Evans

When I post a response to another's post, I get two identical posts and must delete one. When I get email notification that there is a response to a thread I'm following, I get two identical emails.... Hmmmm

Lin

Lin,

Regrettably I don't see this problem on my PCs with Google Chrome + Windows 7.

Please let me know what web browser you use? Can you try another web browser to compare results?

Also I'd like to hear responses from other members - do they have same problem?

I switched off e-mail notification many months ago to cut down on the amount of e-mail I was getting. I have never experienced double posting. I have used Firefox for over two years now, first on Vista and latterly on Windows 7.

Peter

Hi Igor,

I'm using Google Chrome with Windows XP. Perhaps the two issues are not related, or could be due to something odd in my system, but I doubt that email and the browser are related issues. I'm still getting two email notifications for each post. Oddly, I did not get double emails for Peter's latest post, but did for all the others - see below:

I get the double mail whether using Microsoft Outlook or Thunderbird, and only from the PTE forum.

Best regards,

Lin

doublemail.jpg

Lin,

Regrettably I don't see this problem on my PCs with Google Chrome + Windows 7.

Please let me know what web browser you use? Can you try another web browser to compare results?

Also I'd like to hear responses from other members - do they have same problem?

Lin,

I think the problem lies outside your machine and probably outside the Forum servers, too. I have had a sprinkling of double e-mails for the past few weeks. I cannot accurately point to a particular change or a date on which they first happened. I suspect that, somewhere out in the e-cloud, all is not quite right and our e-mails are occasionally solicited twice from the same place even though the first one came through OK.

The double posts are another matter. You're not wearing new glasses, are you? No recent blows to the head? Too many Buds or Bourbons? :D;)

regards,

Peter

LOL - no glasses, possible recent blows to the head (can't remember) and definitely too many margaritas last weekend!

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I think the problem lies outside your machine and probably outside the Forum servers, too. I have had a sprinkling of double e-mails for the past few weeks. I cannot accurately point to a particular change or a date on which they first happened. I suspect that, somewhere out in the e-cloud, all is not quite right and our e-mails are occasionally solicited twice from the same place even though the first one came through OK.

The double posts are another matter. You're not wearing new glasses, are you? No recent blows to the head? Too many Buds or Bourbons? :D;)

regards,

Peter

This morning, the double emails stopped - everything is back to normal there. The jury is still out on the double posts. We'll see what happens over the next day or so..

Lin

When I post a response to another's post, I get two identical posts and must delete one. When I get email notification that there is a response to a thread I'm following, I get two identical emails.... Hmmmm

Lin