WnSoft Forums

Bug - Mouse Pointer in 7.5 [SOLVED]

Barry Beckham

Igor

EVERY time I am working in the Objects and Animation screen with the attached window, my mouse pointer disappears (I am using a Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet) It seems to occur only when I make a change in this window. The pointer disappears and if I don't move the pen, the pointer remains invisible although it is still working while the pointer is invisible.

If I move the pointer it comes back. I tried adjusting the size position and lost the pointer every time, then if I move slowly towards the edge of the screen, the pointer seems to re-appear once it has cleared the picture boundary. I tried this with a large image and reached the surrounding window before the pointer returned. With a small image the pointer returned as soon as I cleared the edge of the image.

I have reproduced the problem on another PC running a different configeration, but with the same Windows 7 64 bit OS. The other machine also has a Wacom Graphics tablet attached, but a different model, but the same loss in pointer is evident on both PC's

I have a Wacom tablet model CTE-440 running on windows XP and do not experience the problems that you describe.

Everythings works satsfactorily.

Alan

I am away at present, but perhaps when home I will record a short video demonstrating the issue.

Later : Downloaded PTE 7.5 to old laptop running Vista and recreated the same issue straight away. This machine is 32 bit, but when values are changed in the size window the pointer disapears until you move outside the image boundaries

• 2 weeks later...

Igor

I suspect its difficult to pick up on all the threads when you come back from a holiday, but I have an issue here, that is affecting three different computers of mine, that you need to look at. No problem in v7, but is a problem in 7.5Working on a slide show yesterday, the issue became very annoying

• 4 weeks later...

Disappearing Mouse Pointer in the Objects and Animation screen of Pictures to Exe 7.5

I can now recreate the problem I originally described on 4 separate computers. 2 old desktop PC's about 6 years old. 1 Desktop about 2 years old and 1 Laptop about 1 year old. When I try the same thing on the same computers with PicturesToExe 7. I do NOT experience the problem, which indicates to me the issue is with PTE 7.5

All of our Computers run Windows 7 - 64 bit and all of them operate with a Wacom Graphics tablet. The issue is obviously linked to those and PTE 7.5. Today I updated the Wacom drivers, but the disappearing mouse pointer problem is still with me. Further to what I have said before, it is more widespread than just changes made to the Size Position in Pixels Window. I get the same issue with the text box too. Let me describe it once again so that any Wacom users can see if they experience the same thing.

1. Open any image into the Objects and Animations screen

2. Go to the Common Tab and select Size/position in Pixels

3. In the floating window, select the Original Mode tab and just click into the size box so that you can see the flashing cursor, but don't change anything yet

4. Using your Wacom pen, move the cursor to the centre of the screen so you can see the white pointer clearly

5. Using the keyboard only change the size value to something like 50% and the mouse pointer disappears. - It will not display itself again until I either pass it over the Size/position window (difficult when you can't see it) or I reach the outer edge of the screen and reach the outer window, then it returns. (I know it is there, I just can't see it)

I can recreate the same symptoms when creating text. Open text, go to the text box and adjust the word text to something else and the white arrow cursor disappears again. As before it only re-appears when I either move into the text box on screen or reach the outer window

If your mouse pointer happens to be along the edge of the window when your making these changes, you may not notice the issue, that's why I have suggested the pointer be placed in the centre of the screen.

One other bit of information that may be of value. Today I decided to record a video to demonstrate what I am experiencing on these computers. As I made the recording the mouse pointer disappeared just as normal. Imagine my surprise when I converted the recording into a video file to attach here, that the mouse pointer was clearly showing on the video even though when I recorded it, the pointer was not visible. That may give Igor a clue as what is causing this.

Its an irritation more than anything else, but clearly something is wrong and it seems linked to PTE 7.5 and Wacom Graphics tablets. Perhaps the Operating system has something to do with it too. So I would be interested to hear what other W7 - 64 bit users of Wacom tablets find.

Later - I managed to fire up a very old desktop of mine that must be 10 years old. It runs Vista 32 bit and has a Wacom Saphire tablet installed. I was able to re-create the same visual problem on that system too. So that is now 5 of my PC's all showing the same fault

Disappearing Mouse Pointer in the Objects and Animation screen of Pictures to Exe 7.5

Let me describe it once again so that any Wacom users can see if they experience the same thing.

1. Open any image into the Objects and Animations screen

2. Go to the Common Tab and select Size/position in Pixels

3. In the floating window, select the Original Mode tab and just click into the size box so that you can see the flashing cursor, but don't change anything yet

4. Using your Wacom pen, move the cursor to the centre of the screen so you can see the white pointer clearly

5. Using the keyboard only change the size value to something like 50% and the mouse pointer disappears. - It will not display itself again until I either pass it over the Size/position window (difficult when you can't see it) or I reach the outer edge of the screen and reach the outer window, then it returns. (I know it is there, I just can't see it)

I can recreate the same symptoms when creating text. Open text, go to the text box and adjust the word text to something else and the white arrow cursor disappears again. As before it only re-appears when I either move into the text box on screen or reach the outer window

If your mouse pointer happens to be along the edge of the window when your making these changes, you may not notice the issue, that's why I have suggested the pointer be placed in the centre of the screen.

I've just tried with my Wacom tablet and recreated the symptoms. Interestingly I disconected the Wacom and recreated the symptoms with my Logitec mouse. The pointer reappears from behind the object in the frame.

Alan

Barry,

1. Please tell me - what exactly you have to do to reveal a hidden mouse cursor?

A. Move slightly mouse cursor (pen) just on several pixels.

B. Or move invisible cursor over "Size/position in Pixels" window.

2. I still can't reproduce this problem with my Wacom Bamboo tablet.

But I can observe a similar situation in all Windows programs. For example, launch the Notepad in Windows, type any text and mouse cursor will dissappear. You need to move a cursor to show it again.