WnSoft Forums

Query Ulead DVD MovireFactory

Photo26

Yes nobeefstu, on one of the pc's, I did, through XP's add/remove, which called up the Ulead uninstall program. On the other machine, I have not removed the Version 3 trial, but the Version 3 trial was already not working prior to Version 2 being installed.

I'm sure you are right that there could be still some conflict on the Ulead side of things. But that being what it may be, I think it is also important (certainly to me, anyway) if Igor can determine whats different between Beta 5 and Beta 6 that makes Beta #6 fail with Ulead on both my pc's. Finally, if the most recent Beta conflicts, I would fear having any PTE final version that might not work for me.

Do you think the OS itself may be a factor?

Michel, which Windows are you running on with Movie Factory and PTE Beta #6? I am using XP Home.

Hi All, I have anxiously been looking at all your comments, very interesting. Having tried the Beta version (latest) and having purchased one via eBay (unknown version) and still not managed to burn anything to DVD from PictureToExe. I am completely stuck, in some respects I glad it’s not just me. As I have not been able to register my EBay purchased version for some reason, I just can’t get any advise apart from you all. Have any of you managed to register your product and make any contact with the technical support people. I have contacted the pre-sales email address but no reply yet (last week), I would be very interested to know what level of help this company gives, I certainly don’t feel like spending around £50 to find it still does not allow me to register or make contact with any one. I did see Lumenlux mention Igor – does he work for MovieFactory ? in which case perhaps he will be able to solve this for us.

John

Yes John, you always have company here in the forum. The members of this forum are the greatest. I know of no software company that compares with this forum as a resource. That said, you and I, and probably others are still unable to use Ulead as intended with PTE shows to DVD. I am still trying because, when Ulead Movie Factory 2 has worked for me, the picture quality is superb with PTE's output.

Igor is the very dedicated and capable owner/programer of Pictures to Exe. He is very good about solving things relating to PTE. However, his dedication to his overall product keeps him so busy, he may not promptly read all messages here in the forum. I think he will (when?) read and I think he will have some ideas how to solve this.

As for Ulead, I have registered, and have looked around on the site and forums there. Expecting little success with "online chat" or phone support, I have not pursued that. Based on your comment above, you may find interesting a message I found in the Ulead forum that was discussing the rather generic error message I was usually getting; One writer wrote:I hear the same thing day after day "80041c21" so may people suffer through this!! and they paid for it! Well you and I may have limited our out-of-pocket so far - but I have certainly paid a high price via all the time I have wrestled with it. At least I can get nearly dependable results using Beta 5, but what happens when Igor makes final, fine-tuned version and it does not work on my machines? So yes, there are at least two of us who would very much like to find the solution. Until we hear from Igor, there are other members like nobeefstu who will possibly notice and certainly share if they have any ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

Gosh, no comments since 13th February, I was hoping to see some solution by now. LumenLux, did you get any response from Igor regarding your letter to him early in February?

I have left it till now before making any further comment, I have just managed to get a new version of the Ulead MovieFactory2, it’s a full version and for once I was able to install it and more importantly register it. (the last one from eBay would not allow this).

I anxiously proceeded to try and create my first DVD, I ran through all the required processes and all seemed to be working fine till I received the dreaded error:- Failed to convert video file Error: 80041c21. I am using the PictureToExe Beta 6 version 2.20. (latest version I think).

This project is certainly costing us all a lot of money, I would not mind if I could see some chance of creating a DVD. And one that will play on a domestic DVD player.

It will be interesting to see if the “Digital Photo” magazine runs any more articles about using the PictureToExe programme (due out around the 20th March).

If anyone has any updated information I will be very pleased to see it posted on this site. – John

Well John, I think some of us had to get back to making a living. I know I had to put the pursuit to rest temporarily. There has been some discussion in last few days that relates very closely to your latest experience. Take a look at it. Specifically, I would suggest you try several differen shows, all of them short short to see if you can get any show to work.

The most recent discussion is here: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1723

I am using the PictureToExe Beta 6 version 2.20. (latest version I think).

Photo 26

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=1727

PicturesToExe v4.20 is released

and

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1735

Deb got it to go

and

there are other entries re ulead

try the search

ken

Guest Techman1

John,

Since you installed Movie Factory Version 2 again, did you reinstall the patches that are available through the Ulead website? Originally, I had to do this to get Movie Factory2 to work, but once I did it I was able to create VCD's, SVCD's and DVD's from PTE using it.

Give it a try and let us know your results. I hope this works for you. I know this can be very frustrating!!!!

Good luck!

Fred

Fred: Yesterday I noted from others that the version 4.20 is no longer a Beta version so I downloaded that (leaving the Beta version on the computer). This did the same thing ending with the error code Failed to convert video file Error: 80041c21 after completing the "converting Videos" (100%). I have sent an email to the manufactures of my DVD/CD Writer (LG) asking them if the code is likely to have been generated from there unit. I personally think it's an error generated from the MovieFactory2, but I could be wrong.

Guest Techman1

John,

I was referring to the patches available for Ulead Movie Factory 2 and not Pictures to Exe. Try to download the patches from the Ulead site and see if this helps. The message that you are getting, I am almost 100% sure that message comes from Ulead's software.

Anyway, try applying the patches to the Ulead software and then give it a try. Try burning a small slideshow to a SVCD and see if you are successful. That way you aren't burning the more expensive DVD's.

I hope this helps. Please let us know the results.

Fred

Try burning a small slideshow to a SVCD and see if you are successful. That way you aren't burning the more expensive DVD's.

Good advice. What I have come to do most often with DVD, is to first burn to DVD RW and then, if successful, copy from DVD RW to DVD.

Actually, concerning the Ulead error, you can simply choose to render the image file. The error, if it occurs, does so the same with rendering for the image file as it does if it were headed to the actual DVD. Also, if you are intending to burn to the actual DVD, it seems the error occurs just before the actual burn so the DVD is not ruined anyway.

Update: Quite an interesting week, Having received my long awaited MovieFactory2 I gave it a try – trying many different settings also to create DVD or SVCD all without any luck. Mike Craven had spent a lot of his time trying to help. I cam to the conclusion perhaps the DVD writer was at fault (it’s a LG GSA-4040B) purchased new I January this year. I contacted LG who after a few days suggested that I should download the latest firmware. This was not listed on the LG site and eventually with Mikes help I managed to obtain it and update the firmware from version A104 to A302. I was hoping this would result it a satisfactory conclusion. Guess what – still got the same error message. My LG writer was provided with software BHA B’s Recorder, Gold5 Ver 5.32,B’s Clip ver 5.32 and neo DVD ver 5.0. I removed this software and tried another programme I had “Instant CD/DVD” V6.5. I went through all the different ways possible inc DVD & SVCD all failed with the same message. Not a very successful week, perhaps over the week end I will get some other inspiration. Thanks to all who have contributed with help.

John

Gosh John, I wish I could give you the answer. I will just remind you that I think the error always occurs before the actual DVD writer. Granted it shows up at the last minute, just befoe the burn, but the same thing happens when encoding to and image file which does not even require the burner. But that is my observation resting in incomplete knowledge.

Who have difficulty with Ulead DVD MovieFactory2 please try the next test:

a) Download AVI MPEG4 encoder: http://www.wnsoft.com/beta/mpeg4.zip (136 Kb)

B) After downloading unzip into some folder, click right mouse button on

mpeg4fix.inf file (in Windows Explorer) and select "Install". Confirm.

c) In AVI video dialog, click "Video codec" and select "Microsoft MPEG-4 V2" and choose maximal bitrate in "Options" window.

d) Now PTE will create fully stand-alone AVI file, which please try to add to Ulead DVD MovieFactory2 and encode DVD. (Also to save your DVD-R/RW discs, just set to create ISO image of a disc.)

It's not best way to encode DVD disc with maxiamal quality, but this as a test.

Also, please I very don't recommend to distribute slide-show as this AVI Mpeg4 video file, please take usual .exe file with slide-show.

p.s. I've quickly checked up newest Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 Trial recently and it works OK as previous version 2.0 with PTE.