WnSoft Forums

Hot in the City

Barry Beckham

An excellent show Barry, all the better for being quite different to some of your other stuff. I particularly enjoyed the quick-fire slides matching in perfectly with the music and of course the photography was first class. I am going to have a go at the quick-fire routine and hope others will be inspired.

I think that slide show says a lot about PTE because the majority of the images were created at 2560*1440 (16:9) and 4 or 5 were 3000*2000 and yet it plays well even on our club laptop. No delays at all, no hesitation in the animation despite the quick fire nature.

Technically superb show which ticks all of the boxes.

I note that you are now using "Safe Executable File for Internet" which is what we all should be doing. I find it a slight irritation that I now have to EXTRACT before viewing wheras with a Zipped EXE file it could be played from within the Zipped folder.

But that does not detract from the show.

Great synchronisation.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Barry

Last night I tried to show your AV show to my wife, I had stripped the exe out of the zip folder after downloading it & stored it in my folder of keepers by others. When I tried to run it I got an error message from MS about looking on the net for a programme to open it. I checked the size of the exe & realisied it was too small (1.5MB) so I downloaded it again & played it for the wife. What I'm getting around to asking is have you made the exe different than normal, was it done in 7.5, is the extra folder some sort of cookie or attachment???

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-91761200-1355310093_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

I made the show and created it a "Safe Executable File for the Internet" Its a new option in PTE 7.5 to overcome the annoying anti virus issues we sometimes have. When you unzip the file you need to keep the two files together

So does that mean that the exe made this way couldn't be used in a menu?

Yachtsman1 :unsure:/>

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

I found it a bit confusing too but you have to physically "extract all" by right clicking first whereas with the previous Zipped exe files you just double clicked and it unzipped and played in one go.

Hi Mick

If you look at my screen shot above, it shows two items, if either is deleted the show won't run, which looks as if it couldn't be included in a menu presentation, I've asked the question in my reply to BB as I don't have 7.5 on my system yet. My Zip programme needs a prompt at each stage of unzipping, I'll try right clicking & see what happens.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Mick again

I've attached a screen shot of what happens when I right click a zip folder, my default programme is a trial version (works forever) of Winzip that my PC builder installed. Clicking the WZ prompt starts the unzipping process as before, there is another zip programme on my system listed in the screen shot, tried that but it led knowhere just wanted to take over my PC so I cancelled it.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-33709000-1355318827_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

This is what I get when I right click a zipped folder. I don't think it is Winzip as I recall getting rid of it and I guess the program that does the unzipping was preloaded when I got the Computer. It is getting a bit above me but this preceedure seems to work for me.

post-7412-0-19216300-1355327998_thumb.jp

Eric

For someone who is nervous about installing PTE 7.5 you certainly have loads of other crap on your PC for zip purposes. I am sure that when one of those installed it did the usual thing and took over and robbed you of the basic extract all command

Like Mick P has demonstrated it has been this was for as long as I can recall

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

For someone who is nervous about installing PTE 7.5 you certainly have loads of other crap on your PC for zip purposes. I am sure that when one of those installed it did the usual thing and took over and robbed you of the basic extract all command

Like Mick P has demonstrated it has been this was for as long as I can recall

Barry Check your posts before making them live, one may then be able to make sense of them. The guy who built my PC installed the Winzip trial, it's worked fine for the last 2.5 years, & only thrown a wobbler when I downloaded your show, previously today I downloaded the Advent calender, no problems with that.

Are you saying 7.07 is crap, which is what it sounds like. I have a very good reason for not yet downloading 7.5 so get off my back. Try running a poll to see how many are still using previous versions, you may get a shock.

I have to get on with something productive now. Trying to rally a mob again does nothing to enhance your reputation.

Yachtsman1. :angry:/> :angry:/> :angry:/>

No Eric I wasn't suggesting any version of PTE is crap, but you do seem to have a lot of ways to zip or archive a file. I can see Winzip, Express Zip, Tar archive, TGZ archive.

My suggestion was that one of those installs has stolen the file association and that is why you don't see the simple, yet effective extract all that was already apart of your operating system.

My point is that you avoid PTE 7.5 like like the plague (even though it won't overwrite v7) , yet you have all that other CRAP installed.

Sorry, but that logic escapes me.

Guest Yachtsman1

No Eric I wasn't suggesting any version of PTE is crap, but you do seem to have a lot of ways to zip or archive a file. I can see Winzip, Express Zip, Tar archive, TGZ archive.

My suggestion was that one of those installs has stolen the file association and that is why you don't see the simple, yet effective extract all that was already apart of your operating system.

My point is that you avoid PTE 7.5 like like the plague (even though it won't overwrite v7) , yet you have all that other CRAP installed.

Sorry, but that logic escapes me.

That doesn't surprise me, you wear blinkers to what others do, you are one of the "Do it my way breed, or don't do it at all" must be all those tutorials you sell that can't answer back, I can. BTW if you read the last post I made. I found a way around the rouge video problem, you could try it, or isn't it your way. Clip from my new show in production, inspired by Hot in the City, but my way. :P/>/> :P/>/> :P/>/> It's called, "Last Tango on Lord Street"

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-68895000-1355386493_thumb.pn

Guest Yachtsman1

What do you expect when you attack me almost every time we meet, what you can't get through your head is the problems posted on here can usually be corrected or got around by more than the method you suggest and the person with the problem can use the solution which suits them.

Now, Christmas is coming let's have a truce like they did in WW1.

Yachtsman1.