WnSoft Forums

Hot in the City

Barry Beckham

Try this (it might work, it might not):

Right click on a ZIPPED Folder and choose PROPERTIES.

In GENERAL it should say:

Type of File Compressed Zipped Folder (.zip)

Opens with Windows Explorer

If it says something other than Windows Explorer, click on CHANGE and browse for Windows Explorer.

Make a note of what it says before you change it so the you can go back to what it was.

If Windows Explorer is not available report back.

DG

Added.

READ THIS:

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/pc-help/2181987/the-extract-all-option-for-zip-files-is-missing-from-my-windows-7

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Tried all that with the exception of the registry change, not up for that yet so I will take a rain check for now & look into it when the mist clears. Thanks for trying & proving to the doubting thomas in Australia that it's not just me :huh:/> :huh:/> :huh:/> I'm waving the white flag.

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

Barry was correct in all that he said regarding "Extract All" and "New Compressed Folder" in Windows Explorer.

You were to blame for installing completely unnecessary software.

Some will argue that WinZip and others do a better job but they have obviously let you down when sticking with the Windows option has never failed anyone.

IT IS YOU!!rolleyes.gif/>

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it isn't,

I didn't install Winzip or any of the other zip programmes on there. When the PC was built I specified that it should have a zip programme, I didn't say which. Where the others came from I haven't a clue, honest. :o/>

Are you saying that if I uninstall all the current zip programmes, there is already a windows zip version on my PC.

Yachtsman1.

BTW if we are to continue this I suggest we move it elsewhere or BB will complain he is getting too much publicity.

Yachtsman1.

PC and Mac at the top of this page http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/slideshows_3.html

Hi Barry,

Classy, inovative, great photography, great transitions, raising the bar again, thank you.

Had no trouble whatsoever unzipping viewing etc.

ralph

Hi Barry,

Another excellent show which was viewed with great pleasure. The timing of the transitions with the music was spot on, the quality of the pictures was spot on, in fact everything was spot on...well done.

Did not have any problems with unzipping and understanding the folder structure.

Ray.

Hi Barry,

Great show, like others I thought the quick-fire changes were pretty good, I would never have thought of that (but I probably will in the future!). And so much blue sky too, is that why you moved to Australia so that you would not have to keep changing the British grey sky backgrounds in Photoshop for something more, um, colourful? :lol:

Dave