WnSoft Forums

ADOBE SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS

cjdnzl

Adobe are offering free legitimate downloads of their older software here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?loc=en&e=cs2_downloads

You might have to try a couple of times as the website is getting heavy use.

I have downloaded CS2 and Creative Suite CS2, and will get some others as well.

Regards to all,

Colin

Technically, they are not free. Adobe says they only posted to help legal owners of the software after they deactivated the registration server. You should read this explanation first and decide if you really want to proceed: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662#4974662

Of course, at this point, I'm not sure there's much they can do about it. And the question is then whether they will hassle folks who actually download and register the software using the provided serial numbers even though they never purchased it.

Hi Colin,

Have you been able to get them to work and such? Forbes says it's not correct here - that it is a misunderstanding....

http://www.forbes.co...tions-for-free/

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin,

Forbes may well be correct, but if so it's an incredibly stupid move by Adobe, I should think.

Yes I have downloaded CS2 and others with no problems.

Adobe do not ask for any ID whatsoever, just click and download. Surely, if Adobe wanted to restrict it to legit owners of the program(s) they would have asked for ID or registration details. They must realise what will happen with absolutely no checks, so maybe they don't mind. Maybe they hope that by allowing people to experience the software they might generate sales of the current versions?

Regards,

Colin

I have not looked into this, but one thing that sprang to mind as I read the thread is that perhaps it is a clever marketing move. Photoshop CS2 is now quite old, still a powerful program, but not a patch on their latest version CS-6. I seem to recall that there was a fair difference between CS-2 and CS-3 when that was launched. Upgrades are not always that significant, but I recall CS-3 was. That could indicate that maybe CS-2 is ready for soemthing like this. The main issue with CS-2 is you will not get the latest Adobe Camera Raw.

That means that most users who shoot raw will not be able decode the images from their camera, particularly if the camera was bought after the launch of CS3 which was around 2007. Adobe do not back date Raw Plugins, so if you have a newly launched DSLR bought in 2008, your version of CS-2 will not decode the images. That still leaves you with a powerful program, but anyone who values Camera Raw, wouldn't be interested in it. I had 2 boxed copies of CS-2 and I couldn't give them away.

If your as Jpeg shooter, then you will have a great program. There is no call for tutorials for CS-2 any more and that is another indicator that the passage of time might just have made this version of the software worthless from Adobes point of view.

Using it to get potential customers interested may just be a great idea.

If you can get a copy of Audition 3 on your machine to work, it's pretty cool.

You can dump that crapola Audacity thing in the recycle bin.

Davy

I have downloaded the 3 files listed under Audition, one of which is a 4.24GB ...7zip file and can't install it from any of the 3 files.

If you have managed to install it, can you give me some guidance please.

Roger

If you can get a copy of Audition 3 on your machine to work, it's pretty cool.

You can dump that crapola Audacity thing in the recycle bin.

Having seen some of your productions, it may no be unfair to say that for that kind of soundtracks Audacity is more than sufficient.

Regards,

Xaver

Audition is about sound production,not Visual.

There is no doubt about your advantage in the use of the English language. In Germany we say that we have seen a film, but most of us will have heard the soundtrack, as well. If you would like to do it, we could continue this discussion in German via PMs :)

Viele Grüße,

Xaver

Roger,

I have downloaded the 3 files listed under Audition, one of which is a 4.24GB ...7zip file and can't install it from any of the 3 files.

If you have managed to install it, can you give me some guidance please.

Roger

Its a remote chance your files were originally intended for installation from DVD media. Check and verify any readme file within the 7zip package. A positive indicator would be the inclusion of a autorun.inf file within the package.

Roger,

Its a remote chance your files were originally intended for installation from DVD media. Check and verify any readme file within the 7zip package. A positive indicator would be the inclusion of a autorun.inf file within the package.

Thanks.

I have finally got the download to work. For the benefit of others, the setup ran from the first exe file .....WWEFGJIS.exe. The 2 loopolgy files, I think are data files with 100's of sample loops, etc, (was on CD or DVD), hence the reference in the download titles and not necessary to download and install the program.

There is no doubt about your advantage in the use of the English language. In Germany we say that we have seen a film, but most of us will have heard the soundtrack, as well. If you would like to do it, we could continue this discussion in German via PMs :)

Do not be concerned that you feel disadvantaged here. Most of your posts will be understood by the majority of members.

I’m sure that nobody will think you a dumpkopf.

Please do consider what you are trying to convey though, as jumping in with ‘Jack Boots’is not always recommended.

This will be appreciated by all and no doubt, things will read much better for you in future.

Regards,

Davy

Do not be concerned that you feel disadvantaged here. Most of your posts will be understood by the majority of members.

I’m sure that nobody will think you a dumpkopf.

Please do consider what you are trying to convey though, as jumping in with ‘Jack Boots’is not always recommended.

This will be appreciated by all and no doubt, things will read much better for you in future.

Regards,

Davy

Davy,

I have to support Xaver here, as his reply to your first post was implying that Audacity would be sufficient for the kind and quality of the sound tracks on shows of yours that he has seen. He may or may not have been 'taking the mickey', but in any case he wasn't referring the the video part of your shows.

For the record, Xaver's English is very good indeed. I wonder whether he may have spent time living in an English-speaking country.

I have a German friend here in New Zealand who has lived here for more than 30 years, and his English, while good, is not as good as Xaver's.

Colin,

It may seem a little unfair to talk of Xaver as though he is not here, but this is the second time he has asked me to continue PMs in German.

There is nothing lost in translation regarding the intent of his initial post.

All I can do is keep him right and tell him in the best possible way, to play nice.

Davy