WnSoft Forums

Compact view of mixed channels

Igor

When I first saw the default option for Compact view of mixed channels I felt it looked odd and said so. As I thought the attached email is the second I have received in the past weeks

I don't know if you can help me with this problem. It is nothing serious but just a nuisance. When I insert my sound file into the AV, everything looks and works OK except for one minor problem. The wave form at the bottom of the screen only shows half of the detail which I have not experienced before.

I have upgraded to PTE 7.5 and also Adobe Audition 6 with Windows 7, so this is all new software to me. I have attached a screen grab so that you can see what I am talking about. If I close up the top half of the screen, it still makes no difference to the wave form.

Are you sure you have this set at the right default, it just looks odd

The compact view if waveforms allows to see more details than with the mixed channels view. You can more easily see peaks in audio. This is especially important if take in attention a lack of screen space in the timeline view.

This is not a half view of a waveform. We mixe both top and bottom parts of a waveform.

Please just try to work a bit longer with the compact view.

Igor

Your missing the point, it seems that I, and some other enthusiasts go straight to the setting and display the wave form in full. New users think something is wrong. There is something to be said for things that just "Look Right" and the half wave form doesn't