WnSoft Forums

audio & template support

wilburke

I work with PTE for a long time and I'm a big lover of PTE! If I compare it with other programs (m.Objects, Corel VideoStudio etc) it's much simpler and has a lot of possibilities. PTE had one big disadvantage: its support for audio. But in v7.5 we're nearly there! I do like the audio tracks underneath the timeline. It's a pity you can't manipulate (yet) the audio here.

In PTE you can create fantastic transitions (thanks to the unlimited possibilities in O&A). But I'm a bit disappointed that I can't make use of some kind of (free) template transitions. For Corel VideoStudio, you can find plenty of templates on the internet.

The 'template' concept in PTE looks a bit strange to me. It's nothing more than a self containing project. I rather prefer to work with templates on slide level instead of project level. Shouldn't it great to select a slide and use this slide (including its Objects and Animation) as a template for another slide?

These are just some weird ideas. I keep promoting the program in my neighborhood and I do appreciate Igors work very much!!!

Hi Wilburke,

Just let me respond to your comment about "template transitions, and a bit about editing audio from the timeline."

Indeed in PTE 7.5 it is possible to make and share transitions. When you create your own custom transition, it is saved as a file with the extension .ptef

This file can be shared with anyone and when they "choose" the ptef file you or others have created, they will indeed enjoy the same custom transition.

Perhaps someday we shall see many "free" ptef files available on the internet....

Perhaps not "exactly" what you are looking for yet, but if you place your cursor on the waveform and right click the mouse then choose "customize audio clip" you can then control the waveform via the project options from this point. If you move the "marker" along the timeline to the precise place you wish to make a change to the waveform and note the time, you can then move the marker in the waveform to correspond and make your changes. You also can perform the other functions available from the drop-down menu such as mute track, remove, lock, etc.

This is, of course, not exactly the same as being able to manipulate the tracks "from" the timeline, but remember, there are unlimited audio tracks available with PTE and the timeline could be very "cluttered" were all available to choose from at this juncture. Perhaps in a later version there may be some greater sophistication....

Best regards,

Lin

I'd like to come back to 'templates'. What's the difference between a project saved as a template and one archived to a zip? IMHO you can use both to pack your project (including all references) and unpack on another place or am I wrong?

A "Zip" will have applied compression to each of the individual files. As far as I am aware, the "Template" will simply have copied all the files - no compression.

regards,

Peter

Add to this that a TEMPLATE will show up in the list of Templates in the File Menu - a Backup in ZIP will not.

DG