WnSoft Forums

Vietnam with 4.20b6

Michel

Well done - brilliant - loved the show.:)

Any tips to pass on!!? ;)

Congratulations Patrick on a nice show - pleasant to watch.

I think you have made a start of nice use of new transitions - about like Igor envisions perhaps.

I think you have some very good photos, and though "oriental" music is not always my favorite - I think your choice of music was perfect. For me, the music really helps your already nice photos.

Hello

Thank you very much for the compliments.

- Concerning the "blown skies", during our stay in Vietnam there was no showers but also no blue sky or clouds. The sky, in northern Vietnam, was bright but rather milky ;-(

- Concerning the music... this is a point were satisfying everybody is a very, very, big challenge ;-))

- "Ralvis" .. "Any tips to pass on!!? "

Is there something particular you want to know ?

Thanks again,

Patrick

Patrick,

I, too, enjoyed your slide show of Vietnam very much, expecially the section from Halong Bay. That is the most picturesque bay in the world, IMHO, and you captured it beautifully - much better than I did when I was there some ten years ago. I especially enjoyed your photos of the fishermen (and fisher-women and -children) from that area.

I also like the way you have divided the show into sections, along with maps to show what we are seeing. And the music is very appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick,

Congratulaions too, some really tasty transition ideas..

I particularly liked the two ladies in the boat and the blurring image - might pinch that idea ;)

Nice Job - must have taken you a few hours!!

J :rolleyes: G

Patrick,

Wow! I downloaded the show last night and have already played it dozens of times.

The transitions are absolutely beautiful. I particularly liked the one I call "floating boat with women"--that one picture alone was worth the download time. Every transition pulls the viewer along. The clicking sound for some of the transitions also helped to keep my attention focused on the next part of the show.

Your use of the fountain pen as a pointer to the map to indicate where the scenes are is also brilliant. That kept the entire show as photos, there was no need to interrupt it with text slides or to have captions on the photos, thus diverting the viewer's attention.

The music is also perfectly chosen. I like the idea of using traditional Vietnamese music for a show about Vietnam. Since that music is obviously influenced by traditional Chinese music, it's also fitting to use the Chinese music you selected. Additionally, the music, just as the visual transitions did, captured my attention and focused it onto the next part of the show.

As it's said in Vietnam, "Gio?i la('m!" {Very good!}

Thank you very much for all these compliments. :wub:

I took very much pleasure creating this slideshow.

The multiple comments that provided me Michel, Daniel and the visitors of Michel's web site FanaPhot helped me to improve my technique and particularily for this slideshow.

I want to thank them again for their invaluable assistance. :D

The "show ratings" post on this forum pinpoints the importance of these comments.

There you have a practical example of it !

Many thanks

Patrick

Strasbourg, France

I agree wholeheartedly, Bob!

However, it is easy to comment on a show like "Vietnam", but not so easy to comment negatively on other shows where certain negative critique may be warranted (and equally beneficial to the author).

The real challenge is to find a way to start a discussion similar to the one in this thread for these shows, too, without discouraging anyone from submitting.