WnSoft Forums

Lost Sound [SOLVED]

gogs

Hi

Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction.

I have just made up a slideshow in v7.5.4 with two music tracks. one piece on one track and two pieces spaced on another track.

Everything works fine in preview mode but when I publish to Exe file there is no sound playing.

Have tried opening the show in v7.0 and it opens fine and plays OK in preview mode but again when publishing to Exe file no sound.

Has anyone come across this before or am I missing something.

Gogs

Gogs

These issues get reported from time to time and the answer often lies in how the Mp3 file was aquired. For reasons unknown to man or beast the music will not play in the exe file as you describe. Re-creating the music often gets things working. Importing the sound files into an external sound editor like Audacity and then exporting them out again have been known to cure the problem.

I assume you have placed the music into your project via Project Options Audio, or dragged it onto the time line and not attached it to an individual slide

Gogs

These issues get reported from time to time and the answer often lies in how the Mp3 file was aquired. For reasons unknown to man or beast the music will not play in the exe file as you describe. Re-creating the music often gets things working. Importing the sound files into an external sound editor like Audacity and then exporting them out again have been known to cure the problem.

I assume you have placed the music into your project via Project Options Audio, or dragged it onto the time line and not attached it to an individual slide

Hi Barry

Thanks for the reply. I seem to have solved the problem myself although I am not sure if it was just luck. I did drag the music in via Project Options Audio but noticed that I had a mix of Wav and Mp3. Converted all to Mp3 and re-dragged the music in again after having deleted original files. Now seems to work OK. If that had not worked then I would probably have gone back to mixing down my music tracks in Audacity as I have always done before. However I thought the P2E was moving on by allowing the use of multi music tracks and drag and drop. I am a bit disappointed it did not work and will probably go back to using Audacity in the meantime to see if the P2E route becomes more stable in future releases.

Gogs

Gogs,

I have tried dragging WAV and MP3 files into the same timeline in both different tracks and into the same track.

I could not replicate your problem.

It is possible that either the WAV or the MP3 was causing the problem and NOT PTE.

Which one was dragged in first (played first)?

That is the one which is more likely to be causing your problem.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

In Audacity when you import both MP3 & WAV at the same time, you get a pop up warning, haven't time to replicate it at present & show the pop up, but that could be introduced into PTE to flag up with the user there could be a problem.

Yachtsman1.

Hi

Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction.

I have just made up a slideshow in v7.5.4 with two music tracks. one piece on one track and two pieces spaced on another track.

Everything works fine in preview mode but when I publish to Exe file there is no sound playing.

Have tried opening the show in v7.0 and it opens fine and plays OK in preview mode but again when publishing to Exe file no sound.

Has anyone come across this before or am I missing something.

Gogs

Please can you reproduce this problem with a new project - just several images and WAV file(a)?

If yes, please send me these files in ZIP archive. To upload ZIP file you can use Dropbox, or Mediafire.com free services. I'll try to see this problem and fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dave

There were two tracks. Track one had two sound files both Wav, and Track 2 one sound file Mp3.

I have replied to Igors post with a zip file of the complete project which was causing the problem.

I have tried recreating it with different files mixing both Wav and Mp3 and can't recreate the problem so feel the problem must lie with one or more of my files.

Gogs

Please can you reproduce this problem with a new project - just several images and WAV file(a)?

If yes, please send me these files in ZIP archive. To upload ZIP file you can use Dropbox, or Mediafire.com free services. I'll try to see this problem and fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Igor

I have copied project to Dropbox. It is the complete project but I have removed the images as it is a camera club project and the images are not all mine and i realise this is a public post.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/65720089/Lost%20Sound_Feb15-2013_9-38-12.zip

The zipped file also contains the exe file in which the sound does not play. There are two tracks with two sound files in the first (both Wav)and on the second track an Mp3 file.

The second sound file on track one (i.e. Speak Teri) is a commentary recorded in Acoustica some time ago, the other two sound files were recorded in Audacity.

Given that I have tried recreating the problem with other sound files and mixing Wav and Mp3 and cannot recreate the problem. I am convinced that the problem must be due to one or more of the files in my project and not related to PTE which I am a committed fan of having been using it since version 4.

Gogs

Thanks for the project files. It works correctly on my PC.

However I noticed that "75th Anniv Soundtrack.wav" file in fact is a MP3 file. You need to rename this file to MP3.

PicturesToExe was able to recognize this mistake and fix, but it could be a reason of that problem.

Thanks for the project files. It works correctly on my PC.

However I noticed that "75th Anniv Soundtrack.wav" file in fact is a MP3 file. You need to rename this file to MP3.

PicturesToExe was able to recognize this mistake and fix, but it could be a reason of that problem.

Igor thank you for your patience and help. I am not sure how I managed to end up with a WAV file extension on an Mp3 file so I will kind of explore that so that I don't make the same mistake again.

The input to this forum and the fact that the developer of the software is so readily willing is what makes PTE the leading application for creating slideshows.

Thanks again.

Gogs