WnSoft Forums

Objects and Animation Page Shortcut

I personally would like to be able to press the arrow key on the keyboard to go forward to the next image while working on sizing images. Moving the mouse to the top of the page and clicking the arrow to go to the next image

is more time consuming.

...the arrow key is used to move the highlighted object left or right.

Dave,

Could you elaborate a little, please? The arrow keys do not do anything on objects when I'm in the O&A window. Do I need a Preferences or Project Options setting to get that action?

regards,

Peter

Highlight the object in the Objects Panel and click on the object in the O&A Window.

Up / Down / Left / Right - all of the arrows work.

Hasn't it always been that way?

DG

P.S. If your object is deep down, you might have to tick "Ignore Objects not selected" in Preferences.

Dave,

Highlight the object in the Objects Panel and click on the object in the O&A Window.

I was only highlighting the object. It is necessary to click on the object itself to get the actions.

Hasn't it always been that way?

I didn't know this was possible until you made your reply to this topic.

regards,

Peter

Barry,

Your post raises an interesting point.

I vaguely remembered a conversation with Igor about F11 and F12 (or dreamt it?) and went to the User Guide to try to find any reference to it. It was not there.

I have downloaded a fresh copy and it is still not there. Igor could perhaps bring it up to date.

DG

OK,

I have started a thread in the Tutorials Section which lists all known HOTKEYS according to the 7.5 Manual.

I have added the F11 and F12 which are missing in the manual.

If anything is added it is an easy matter to append it to the thread.

DG

It's a comprehensive list and must have took some time.

Have you thought of sorting it into priority order. I know that is somewhat subjective, but shortcut keys in my experience are best learned with the ones you use most first. That way you can take three keys and learn those, then the next and so on. That's what I did with Photoshop or I would have been overwhelmed

........Have you thought of sorting it into priority order. I know that is somewhat subjective, but shortcut keys in my experience are best learned with the ones you use most first. That way you can take three keys and learn those, then the next and so on. ...........

No, but what occured to me was to make the list more logical by Alphabetising it.

E.g. F1; F2; F3 etc

Then Ctrl+a; Ctrl+b etc

Maybe............

DG

One of the issues people say to me is they have trouble learning shortcuts, because at the same time they are still learning the sofware too and it gets a little too much.

Under those circumstances shortcuts may be more useful in order of importance and split into small groups. The group can be printed and propped against the monitor for enough time for the keystokes to work their way into our memory. Its the only way I was able to learn them some time ago.

However, alphabetical does allow a user to pick their own shortcuts and then the order of importance will be decided by them

Have you allowed it to be published as a word doc for that reason