WnSoft Forums

Audio Problem [SOLVED]

xahu34

The attached project includes the sound of a cash register (Kasse.wav). During preview I can hear artifacts (clicks) which disappear after opening and re-saving the sound file with Audacity (Kasse-Audacity.wav).

Regards,

Xaver

Audio-Test.zip

====================

Xavier,

I played the show but I had no problem hearing both cash register sounds, with the piano in the background. They all played in the mini-viewer and in preview. (Ver. 7.5.8)

Gary

... I played the show but I had no problem hearing both cash register sounds, with the piano in the background. They all played in the mini-viewer and in preview. (Ver. 7.5.8) ...

Thanks, Gary. I still use the presently official version 7.5.7 on Windows XP.

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks, Gary. I still use the presently official version 7.5.7 on Windows XP.

Regards,

Xaver

========================

Xavier,

I ran both of the Kasse files through MediaInfo. The only thing I see different is the "Bit Depth". (See attached.) I don't know what this means but maybe that has something to do with it? Also, wav files have presented problems in the past, I think. Perhaps converting them to MP3 might remove the problem.

Gary

post-1794-0-33975800-1366897475_thumb.jp

========================

... The only thing I see different is the "Bit Depth". (See attached.) I don't know what this means but maybe that has something to do with it? Also, wav files have presented problems in the past, I think ...

The only anomoly I can see is the sample rate, my default in Audacity is 44,100 Hz ...

Gary,Eric,

I know about the sample rates and the bit depths. All I want to show is that PTE again has a problem with wav-files.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

I confirm this problem, but I am not sure that is a PTE problem.

On my side I can hear a crack at around 2,2s at the end of first sound "kasse".

If the "kasse" sound is replaced by "kasse-audacity" the problem disapear.

If the "kasse-audacity" are replaced by the "kasse" sounds the problem appears twice, at the end of each "kasse" sound. So we could think the problem is linked to the "kasse" audio file.

When I play this file with VLC player I can hear this crack too.

So for me the problem is inside the audio file by itself, nothing to do with PTE

Best regards

Daniel

Daniel,

on my old Win XP system with Windows Media Player 11, Kasse.wav runs well. The same holds for VLC 2.0.6, MPC Homecinema 1.6.5 and 1.5.2, and IrfanView.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver,

In fact, on my PC there is a strange interaction between PTE and VLC. If I open your audio-test project within PTE v758 then, the first time I cannot hear the crack but after that I can hear it each time it plays the sound file kasse.wav. If I leave your PTE project open and play "Kasse.wav" with VLC then I can hear the crack at the end of the sound each time VLC plays it (that I reported in my previous post). But, now if I close your PTE project and play kasse.wav again and again with VLC then I cannot hear the crack anymore except if I reopen your PTE project.

So my conclusion in my previous post was a bit too hurried and probably wrong. I should not say that PTE is not involved in this problem. Wait and see, Igor will sort it out.

best regards

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...