WnSoft Forums

Personal transition and DVD generation [SOLVED]

Tonton Bruno

Can you explain in a little more detail, please? What kind of video file were you producing? How were you burning it to disc? What was wrong with the video playback?

regards,

Peter

I use the option : Publish show - DVD-Video Disc

I set the options like that:

post-9190-0-64781800-1366990535_thumb.jp

then I don't burn the DVD, but save the MPG2 file and the Video Folder:

post-9190-0-65517200-1366990615_thumb.jp

After generation, I try to read the MPG2 file and the video folder with VLC media player, but the transitions run very bad.

I have now tried your template and have converted to MP4 - 1280x720 high quality.

It plays in MPC-HC with only very slight hesitation on my laptop (1280x800) but I would expect this.

I will not be able to try it on my desktop pc for a couple of days.

I can see some problems with your custom transition - the front face of the gate disappears too soon (in the exe). This could be something to do with the fact that your project is 1920x1080 and my screen is 1280x800.

Again I cannot prove this for a day or two.

Nice transition.

DG

Tonton Bruno,

I would avoid the use of making a MPEG2 video for quality and playback for a PC ... there is much better choices. If you cannot make a HD MP4 video for whatever reasons ... your best bet then is to Publish to the AVI FILE option.

*Select the MPEG4 ASP Video withh AAC Audio in your presets. The AVI File creation is a standard feature and much improved with PTE's use of the MPEG4 ASP encoding.

*If there is sill problems with the Gates as Dave possibly suggests ... you will have to double check your PTE file.

Here's a JPEG screen shot from an EXE of your template made on my 1280x800 laptop showing the problem with the transition.

The arrows show where the front view of the gate has disappeared while the edge view remains.

I haven't figured out the reason for it but the problem lies in the construction of the transition, I'm pretty sure.

DG

post-2488-0-10924500-1367043450_thumb.jp

Here's a JPEG screen shot from an EXE of your template made on my 1280x800 laptop showing the problem with the transition.

The arrows show where the front view of the gate has disappeared while the edge view remains.

I haven't figured out the reason for it but the problem lies in the construction of the transition, I'm pretty sure.

DG

post-2488-0-10924500-1367043450_thumb.jp

Thank you for your help, davegee.

You certainly founded the origin of the problem.

I will investigate in this direction.

Tonton Bruno,

I would avoid the use of making a MPEG2 video for quality and playback for a PC ... there is much better choices. If you cannot make a HD MP4 video for whatever reasons ... your best bet then is to Publish to the AVI FILE option.

*Select the MPEG4 ASP Video withh AAC Audio in your presets. The AVI File creation is a standard feature and much improved with PTE's use of the MPEG4 ASP encoding.

*If there is sill problems with the Gates as Dave possibly suggests ... you will have to double check your PTE file.

This project runs fine in MP4.

I published this transition on the French forum DiaporamaForum, and somebody indicated me that there were a bug when creating a DVD, using the standard options of PTE Menu.

This is why I opened this topic.

Now, davegee discovered a second bug : the transition doesn't run correctly on a 16:10 screen.

I am not able to check it on my HD scrren.

I tried to run the project on a fixed Windows 1600x1000, but everything is fine.

When I use a fixed window of 1700*900, the transition is not correct, and this sounds logical, because the gates rotate on an axis located at the edges of the screen.

I checked the transition itself. I don't find any mistake or error, but maybe somebody will discover one.

So far :

1) The transition seems to be correctly written for a 16:9 screen

2) The project runs fine on a 16:9 screen

3) The project runs fine on my portable PC with a 1280*800 screen

4) The MP4 generation is perfect

5) The MPG2 generation is totally wrong

6) davvgee founded a bug in the exe file when running on a 16:10 screen

The 16:10 screen issue is (I think) irrelevant.

What is relevant is that you appear to have made the Transition in an earlier version of PTE. (Or you have modified a transition made in an earlier version of PTE).

A lot of problems were sorted out in the last couple of versions of 7.5.

With regard to the problem that I found with the transition, I believe that if you rebuild it in 7.5.8 you will have no further problem. The Slide 1 and Slide 2 images in the Custom Transition SHOULD be 1280x720 - yours is 1920x1080 indicating that an earlier version has been used.

The difference between the MPEG2 and the MPEG4 are that the MPEG2 version is 16:9 within a PAL sized frame (768x432) and the MPEG4 is 1280x720 or 1920x1080. How much difference this makes is difficult to tell.

DG

This is how I would approach the same effect.

I have tested this in your Template and do not get the "problem" which yours seems to show.

DG

OpenGate3D2.zip

P.S. Your "problem" seems to be coming from the Frame that you have used to create the gate. The frame is (I think) unecessary and as you can see I have made mine without the use of frames.

Thank you for your help, davegee.

I tried your new transition, but unfortunately, the problem remains the same when I create a MPG2 file.

To be sure ther is no bug on my PC, I decided to use the "Publish DVD" menus to generate a standard project, including standard transitions.

Everything is fine, as you can see in these screen captures.

post-9190-0-06775300-1367134350_thumb.jp

When I use a project including only your new transition, this is what I obtain:

post-9190-0-28526100-1367134574_thumb.jp

The screen is not correctly filled, and we see black strips on right and left, and gray strips on top and down.

when the personal transition starts, the image goes right and the transition is not symmetrical.

As I said yesterday, I have no problem with exe files, either MPG4 files.

The problem occurs only with mpg2 files generated from the "Publish DVD" menu.

I started a totally new project, using new images and only your transition:

OpenGatedavegee.zip

This is the status of this new project:

Preview under PTE : OK

exe file : OK

Mac file under Macboock : OK

MPG4 file : OK

MPG2 file : BAD

Could you try to do the same thing on your PC ?

• 3 weeks later...