WnSoft Forums

Perspective Control

davegee

Hi Ron,

I no longer use Adobe products.

I have been weaning myself off Adobe products for a LONG time.

I just wanted to see if PTE would do the job. For anyone wanting to Print the result then PTE would not be the tool to use. But for PTE projects I will let the results speak for themselves.

DG

A little.

You have probably noticed that the building leans in two different planes.

The centre of the X-Axis had to be be at the bottom.

By using two frames I was able to rotate the building and perform the X-Axis movement at the same time. The combination of both gave the result I wanted.

And saved me £1200.

DG

Hi Dave,

.............I don't know how the results compare to PTE correction..........

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

I would say that at the project resolution of the images in PTE there is nothing to choose between them.

The PTE version would be adequate for my needs in a PTE Show - I wouldn't be ashamed of the quality.

DG

Dave,

Interesting exercise.

Tried this with Photoshop.It looked ok,but like your corrected version,People had been squashed.

Had a go at swinging the image out to balance it more,maintain people proportions.

More tricky than I thought.

PC or even more versatile tilt shift for Nikon can be had between £300-£500 s/hand from auction sites.

Results a usually a lot better than squeezing pixels in whatever program.

Davy

post-6645-0-91509400-1381954071_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Tom,

That might be a little unfair to ShiftN? Don't forget that your original is a screen shot.

DG

Hmmmm mine wasn't I saved it as a JPEG from your image via Firefox :unsure:/> :unsure:/> :unsure:/>

Yachtsman1

JUST FOR FUN I decided to see if PTE could save me from having to purchase that expensive Pespective Control Lens rolleyes.gif/>.

Results below:

post-2488-0-57670900-1381918792_thumb.jp post-2488-0-68777300-1381918812_thumb.jp

DG

========================================

Dave,

I recently got a hold of a program called Perspectivef Pilot. I happened to get it for free through a Giveaway of the Day deal. It seems to work really well, and easily: But only about $29.95.

http://www.colorpilo...erspective.html

I tried to corrected the perspective using Photoshop (PS) to compare the results with what I got with Perspective Pilot (PP). Using Perspective Pilot was much easier, and more accurate...at least for me. All of the other results seemed to stretch the image too much. The Perspective Pilot seemed to keep the results more accurate without stretching. It was fun to see the difference.

Gary

post-1794-0-60320200-1381966918_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-10071700-1381966941_thumb.jp

JUST FOR FUN I decided to see if PTE could save me from having to purchase that expensive Pespective Control Lens :rolleyes:/>/>.

Results below:

post-2488-0-57670900-1381918792_thumb.jp post-2488-0-68777300-1381918812_thumb.jp

DG

Hello Dave,

I use a program called DxO Viewpoint for perspective correction, it's a companion program to DxO Optics, IMO both are excellent programs for photographers.

I ran your original image through Viewpoint, with the result shown below. What do you think?

Regards,

Colin

post-4929-0-29849700-1381974486_thumb.jp

Hi guys,

I don't think Dave was looking for software, he just wanted to demonstrate that PTE had some capabilities not yet tapped "JUST FOR FUN - I just wanted to see if PTE would do the job"

There are myriad software solutions to perspective correction, but I really don't think that was his point????

Best regards,

Lin

Hi guys,

I don't think Dave was looking for software, he just wanted to demonstrate that PTE had some capabilities not yet tapped "JUST FOR FUN - I just wanted to see if PTE would do the job"

There are myriad software solutions to perspective correction, but I really don't think that was his point????

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Actually I was trying to be tactful by way of example that Dave's image, while having reasonable verticality has considerable distortion still, particularly in the left side tower, and is not really acceptable as an image of the building.

Perhaps I'm too particular, but I have to say I would not find his image acceptable. As an experiment with PTE it is interesting, but I can't say that "it did the job", that's all.

You guys never cease to amaze me!

I am demonstrating a principle and not how close to perfection I was able to make it.

OK, your third party software is blilliant and does a far better job, but having done that job will it then do this?:

Perspective.zip

BTW, once again this is quick and dirty - perfection takes a little longer.

DG

You guys never cease to amaze me!

I am demonstrating a principle and not how close to perfection I was able to make it.

OK, your third party software is blilliant and does a far better job, but having done that job will it then do this?:

Perspective.zip

BTW, once again this is quick and dirty - perfection takes a little longer.

DG

haha, no - touché !

Regards,

Colin