WnSoft Forums

Export of Soundtrack [8.5]

jt49

In v8 there will be the option to let PTE mix and render the soundtrack, convert it to MP3, and to insert this audio file into an executable for the PC. In my opinion it would be fine to have the feature of exporting the overall soundtrack to WAV and/or MP3, as well. Why is this feature useful? Here is an example: If you create a soundtrack with music, additional sounds, and voice-over, you always have to be aware of clipping. Having an exported version of my almost final soundtrack I could have a look at it in my audio editor for critical situations, which would allow me to make some fine tuning.

Of course there is an easy workaround for exporting the soundtrack: Publish the show as an AVI video with low frame rate at a resolution of 16x8. This "video" will be created within a very short time, an it can be imported into Audacity. It is a solution, but not an esthetic one sad.gif

jt

• 2 months later...

In v8 there will be the option to let PTE mix and render the soundtrack, convert it to MP3, and to insert this audio file into an executable for the PC. In my opinion it would be fine to have the feature of exporting the overall soundtrack to WAV and/or MP3, as well. Why is this feature useful? Here is an example: If you create a soundtrack with music, additional sounds, and voice-over, you always have to be aware of clipping. Having an exported version of my almost final soundtrack I could have a look at it in my audio editor for critical situations, which would allow me to make some fine tuning.

Of course there is an easy workaround for exporting the soundtrack: Publish the show as an AVI video with low frame rate at a resolution of 16x8. This "video" will be created within a very short time, an it can be imported into Audacity. It is a solution, but not an esthetic one sad.gif

jt

===================================

Greetings,

An added video's audio starts too abruptly, so I want to fade in its embedded audio track. I tried to find the 'Convert to MP3' in my V8.01, as mentioned above, but I can not find it. Is it there or not yet?

I also tried the workaround but Audacity does not import AVI's. What am I missing? And, I am not sure what you mean by 'resolution of 16x8'. Is the the 'width and height'?

Thanks... Gary

Hi Gary,

Add your video in the audio track. Where the prompt says "Audio files" click on the down arrow to the right and select "Video files." Navigate to your video and insert it and you will then have full control over the audio which is automatically extracted from the video in synchronization with the original. You can use the full envelope controls just as if it were an audio. If you are actually using the video itself as a video, then set the audio to "Mute" in the Properties tab of Objects and Animations and the audio from the extraction will replace the embedded audio in the original video.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

===================================

Greetings,

An added video's audio starts too abruptly, so I want to fade in its embedded audio track. I tried to find the 'Convert to MP3' in my V8.01, as mentioned above, but I can not find it. Is it there or not yet?

I also tried the workaround but Audacity does not import AVI's. What am I missing? And, I am not sure what you mean by 'resolution of 16x8'. Is the the 'width and height'?

Thanks... Gary

Hi Gary

Why can't you import your video into Audacity? have you got the Lame type plug in MPEG4, see http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/plugins scroll to bottom of page. My screen shot shows a PTE created AVI imported into Audacity.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-09302100-1389633148_thumb.jp

Hi Gary,

Add your video in the audio track. Where the prompt says "Audio files" click on the down arrow to the right and select "Video files." Navigate to your video and insert it and you will then have full control over the audio which is automatically extracted from the video in synchronization with the original. You can use the full envelope controls just as if it were an audio. If you are actually using the video itself as a video, then set the audio to "Mute" in the Properties tab of Objects and Animations and the audio from the extraction will replace the embedded audio in the original video.

Best regards,

Lin

=========================

Lin, Thanks. I just could not remember those steps. It worked. I also was able to use the 'Link audio clip...' so that the 'new' audio clip from the video would line up with the video clip. Then when I inserted the introductory blank slide, the beginning of the audio clip stayed with the beginning of the video. Super!!!

Thanks... Gary

It isn't LAME that's needed for import into Audacity; it is FFMPEG. LAME is for exporting MP3 from Audacity. PTE already uses FFMPEG so should accept video file soundtracks into the Timeline.

regards,

Peter

===========================

Peter, Eric,

I checked to see if I have FFMpeg, and it seems that I do. But it still will not work. See the attached images. Even though I have the FFMpeg located, it still says the FFmpeg can not be located. Not sure what is going on here. Do you see anything strange??? I do have the Lame and it seems to be OK.

Gary

post-1794-0-37415200-1389640644_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-10140700-1389640646_thumb.jp

post-1794-0-40802200-1389640647_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

It isn't LAME that's needed for import into Audacity; it is FFMPEG. LAME is for exporting MP3 from Audacity. PTE already uses FFMPEG so should accept video file soundtracks into the Timeline.

regards,

Peter

Peter

Read my answer please, I said Lame type.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

===========================

Peter, Eric,

I checked to see if I have FFMpeg, and it seems that I do. But it still will not work. See the attached images. Even though I have the FFMpeg located, it still says the FFmpeg can not be located. Not sure what is going on here. Do you see anything strange??? I do have the Lame and it seems to be OK.

Gary

Gary

I made a few tutorials last year on Audacity, some are on Mediafire & some on Ytube, can't remember which one covers the lame type plug in FFMPEG which enables the import of video files, I've found the basic one on mfire it's

I'll look through my archives & see if I can find the correct one. Basically, when you go to the Audacity download page, you have to ensure you download the correct official one, there are a number of booby traps on there, my tut' says exactly which one. My last show Wilfred Owen 2014 had 8 tracks from video files imported into Audacity.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Gary

I made a few tutorials last year on Audacity, some are on Mediafire & some on Ytube, can't remember which one covers the lame type plug in FFMPEG which enables the import of video files, I've found the basic one on mfire it's http://www.picturest...udacity-basics/

I'll look through my archives & see if I can find the correct one. Basically, when you go to the Audacity download page, you have to ensure you download the correct official one, there are a number of booby traps on there, my tut' says exactly which one. My last show Wilfred Owen 2014 had 8 tracks from video files imported into Audacity.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

===========================================

Eric,

Thanks for the links but I have been there and done what, I think, I should do to get the FFMpeg installed. I am puzzled by the fact that my image #2 (above) indicates that the FFMpeg is not found, but in image #3, it shows that I have the correct file, avformat-52.dll. So I am confused as to what is the problem. When I click on the downloaded FFMpeg exe file, the screen flashes as if something is being installed, but nothing changes.

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

===========================================

Eric,

Thanks for the links but I have been there and done what, I think, I should do to get the FFMpeg installed. I am puzzled by the fact that my image #2 (above) indicates that the FFMpeg is not found, but in image #3, it shows that I have the correct file, avformat-52.dll. So I am confused as to what is the problem. When I click on the downloaded FFMpeg exe file, the screen flashes as if something is being installed, but nothing changes.

Gary

Hi Gary

2 things to check, did you download the correct one, there are a number of links on Audacities download page, but only 1 is the correct one. 2 When you downloaded the MMPEG plug in where did it go, it needs to be in the same programmes folder as Audacity.

Eric Yachtsman1.

Hi Gary

2 things to check, did you download the correct one, there are a number of links on Audacities download page, but only 1 is the correct one. 2 When you downloaded the MMPEG plug in where did it go, it needs to be in the same programmes folder as Audacity.

Eric Yachtsman1.

============================

Eric,

The 'lame' files are in the Audacity folder. However, I am going to give up with the FFMpeg files. I just can't figure out what is going on here. I will just convert any avi files to audio files using the process in PTE. Just not getting it. Thanks anyway.

Gary

Guest Yachtsman1

Gary

Never say die!!! I couldn't live if I couldn't import video into Aud'y ;)/>

Just checed my programme folder, the fFMPEG file is not in the Aud'y folder, it is in a folder of its own in X86. The only difference on your set up I believe you are using W8? The two screen shots show where the correct folder is & its contents, if yours differs, it's the wrong version. Also which version of Aud'y are you running, mine is 2.0.5.

Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-04186000-1389690360_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-18480100-1389690375_thumb.jp

Gary

Never say die!!! I couldn't live if I couldn't import video into Aud'y wink.gif/>

Just checed my programme folder, the fFMPEG file is not in the Aud'y folder, it is in a folder of its own in X86. The only difference on your set up I believe you are using W8? The two screen shots show where the correct folder is & its contents, if yours differs, it's the wrong version. Also which version of Aud'y are you running, mine is 2.0.5.

Eric

Yachtsman1

==========================

Eric,

Ok...Thanks for your persistence! I finally found the correct file to download that would install the FFMpeg for Audacity. I installed it and I was able to open an AVI in Audacity. Your folder has a lot more files than mine, but since it worked for me, I am happy.

So thanks for the help. :D/>

Gary

post-1794-0-80141900-1389716080_thumb.jp