WnSoft Forums

Blue flag: Image Not Found

LumenLux

I know there has been much discussion and remedies that some of us have used in specific instances. But here is my most recent encounter.

PTE Version 7.5.10 in use. I made a PTE file of exactly 1000 images, no sound, original image size from various cameras. The PTE project screen shows all slides as expected. I did not use the "preview" feature on the entire 1000 slides. I simply "published" to an .exe file of approximately 2.5 gb. I had also chosen "show slides randomly" for the .exe. When the .exe runs, the blue flag "image not found" comes up "randomly" while the show runs over and over again, as programmed to do.

Does anyone know how to avoid this behavior? Or is there anything in this instance which may provide useful clues to Igor to overcome this troublesome issue?

Hi Robert,

Is there any particular image which is repeatedly not found, or is the error random as well and not finding different images? It seems, as I recall, that there used to be a 2 gigabyte size limit. I'm not one hundred percent certain whether I'm correct about this or whether this 32 bit limitation has changed or whether it's actually different for PTE in 64 bit systems. If that is the case, you may need to resize a number of the images to get the total executable size to under 2 gigabytes.

Perhaps someone who has dabbled with larger file sizes can help here, or perhaps Igor has some input... This link may shed some light...

http://www.picturest...h__1#entry94029

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Robert,

Is there any particular image which is repeatedly not found, or is the error random as well and not finding different images? It seems, as I recall, that there used to be a 2 gigabyte size limit. I'm not one hundred percent certain whether I'm correct about this or whether this 32 bit limitation has changed or whether it's actually different for PTE in 64 bit systems. If that is the case, you may need to resize a number of the images to get the total executable size to under 2 gigabytes.

Perhaps someone who has dabbled with larger file sizes can help here, or perhaps Igor has some input... This link may shed some light...

http://www.picturest...h__1#entry94029

Best regards,

Lin

Because I chose the project option to show the photos randomly (and a different "random" each time the exe runs, I think), it is difficult for me to know whether it is the same slides that fault every time. I can, of course, redo the show to eliminate the random feature for testing purposes. May do that.

Also, easy enough to batch resize all the images to see if that solves the problem. Just as a matter of "hurry" to have the show playing as background around Thanksgiving gathering, I did not bother to downsize.

In the past, in other presentations, when the "image not found" blue banner would appear, I thought the same blue band message would then remain in the slide list among all the slides along the bottom of the work screen. In this case the slides along the bottom continue to appear normal. The PC running the exe file, is an older pc that I have moved into a dedicated use as a display screen. The PC is older, but I recently upgraded the cpu and graphics card, but it is certainly not level of current pc. After encountering the problem with the .exe file on the slower, PC, I have run "Preview" feature in the project screen, on my more powerful "creator" pc. I counted the number of slides that showed correctly before #37 failed. The show continues to run, but faults at undetermined intervals. But the .exe will continue to run over and over again as intended. In Preview mode, the first failure slide is not always #37. I suppose for any further testing, I will need to remove "random" setting, and resize all the image files. Thanks for your thoughts.

Robert,

Resizing your images should resolve the issue. A older PC can always use the additional performace boost that is achieved when using optimized/resized images.

* To see how your PC is stressing itself out ... Playback the original slideshow in combination with Windows Task Manager-Performance view. (Use <SHIFT><ALT><TAB> key combination to bring Task Manager to foreground)

* I would check to see if your PAGEFILE is sufficient. (not locked and HDD has space available to expand) PAGEFILE standard is generally 1.5 X the total memory. Increasing the current PAGEFILE size may prove some benefit in your case. This MS Support link has some info on the subject:

RAM, virtual memory, pagefile, and memory management in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2160852