WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.20

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.20 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr.zip (1,4 Mb)

Dear friends!

I very much grateful to you for all help! And I happy to work together.

With kindest regards,

What's new in v4.20:

+ AVI video output feature.

Now you can produce your presentations as AVI video file

and then (using special software) burn DVD-Video, VCD, or SVCD disc.

(Please read chapter in the help about work with video output.)

+ Improvements in transition effects:

> Added new transition effect - "Advanced hour hand" (with variations).

This effect has special "Offset" option for fine customization.

> Added new "Push" and "Slide" transition effects. We recommend to show

these effects or quickly (500 ms.), or slowely (3,5 second and longer).

> Vastly improved quality of smoothing line in all effects.

For existed projects please increase thickness from old 40 to 60 points.

> Vastly improved "Mosaic" transition effect (old name "Hot blocks").

This effect has new smooth view. Available 3 parameters for fine customization.

(Note: with "Appearance:" parameter as 100 and "Parts:" 26 x 20 it works exactly

as "Hot blocks" effect in previous versions of PicturesToExe.)

> Added "Show first transition effect from desktop" option (Project options | Screen tab)

> You can quickly select/deselect groups of effects clicking on title of effect

(see Project options | Effects tab).

> Fade effect works on 20%-50% more smoothly now.

! Fade effect is turned on by default now (in Project options).

+ Improved synchronized mode of presentation. Now you can fully control

presentation in this mode; go to any slide; use Navigation bar; Pause feature.

To activate this mode set checked "Permit the control" (Project options | Main tab).

+ Vastly improved MIDI playback on old PCs (Pentium 150 - 400 Mhz).

+ New improvement in "Customize Synchronization" window:

> Added auto scrolling when you move transition point outside of visible part of time-line;

+ It's possible to adjust thickness of smoothline in the personal settings of a slide.

(E.g. you can set 40 pixels of smootline for 1st slide and 80 pixels for 2nd slide).

+ Added customizable shadow for picture objects (Visual editor | "Properties" window of an object).

+ Improved Print function (in presentations). Picture or slide fits on full page now.

+ Added support for 32-bit .bmp images with alpha channel (for use as objects).

+ Added "Disable mouse wheel" option (Project options | Advanced tab).

+ Added .wma and .ogg support in sound comments for slides.

+ Various small improvements.

- Removed "Use smoothing" option, because smoothing is always turned on now.

when if it's necessary to fit large picture on the screen.

* Fixed two bugs in Visual editor of objects which caused show of messages about error.

* Fixed rare bug of v4.10-v4.14 with incorrect work of "Print slide" feature.

* Fixed old small visual bug in "Customize synchronization" window.

* Fixed several minor bugs.

p.s. please don't forget to check up for presence of opt_FastFade=1 string (in the apr.ini file after pte_SoundInitDir= string), because this option will be turned on by default only in the next version automatically. This option will make Fade effect in two-three times more smooth especially on old PCs. Before editing of apr.ini file please close all copies of PTE.

Igor,

Bravo! And thank-you very much for all your hard work over the past few months! It has been truly productive, and very much appreciated! Hope you can now take a well-deserved holiday! B)

Guest Techman1

Igor,

These are all wonderful enhancements to PTE. I'm sure sales will continue to be strong based on all the hard work that you and your staff continue to put into this great product. The addition of AVI alone makes this a monumental release.

Thanks so much for always being willing to listen to us and incorporate all the good ideas that are offered. This continues to be one of my best software investments ever!!!

Keep up the excellent work.

Fred

Bravo Igor. This single program and the improvements have made life as an amateur digital underwater photographer/videographer a perfectly seamless enterprise. My trip dvds have been vastly improved due to your hard work. I also agree that this has been my single BEST software purchase ever. We all appreciate your hard work and willingness to listen to your customers for sugestions on improvements.

Many, many thanks Igor.

This software is a true jewel.

It reconciled me with electronic slideshows and boosted my pleasure to take photos.

My friends and my family too, appreciate very much this new form of presenting images.

Once more, a very big BRAVO for this lovely software. :):)

Patrick

Strasbourg, France

At the risk of being redundant, I'd like to add my heartfelt thanks to Igor and everyone else at PTE for 4.20; it's wonderful! :P

In my photo club alone, there are currently 53 members signed up for our AV group. A growing number of them are switching to PTE, and I expect that number will grow further when members see the shows at next week's first Ottawa-area four-club AV expo at which about half the AV shows are in PTE. The synchronized time-line with the preview button alone is worth the price of admission, never mind all the other wonderful features! I expect sales and use of PTE will continue to grow in Ottawa.

I'll probably show my ignorance here, but in the few short months I've been a PTE user, I've wondered when I would be able to produce shows that people could show on the DVD players hooked up to their TVs. Does this new version allow that? In the newsletter announcing it, Igor said, "Now you can produce your presentations as AVI video file and then (using special software) burn DVD-Video, VCD, or SVCD disc." What is this "special software" and how hard will this process be? I love the program, but I've always considered the exe format to be a drawback when trying to share the shows I've made with family and friends.

Dan

Dan, your question is a frequent one, and a good one. The answers are often lengthy because it is a new world for many of us. The integration of PTE with DVD requires some new concepts for us as PTE users. I suggest the best way for you to procede is ambitiously read all the conversation in the "How to create video" section of this forum. When you first log into the forum, you should see three separate areas. The How to create video section was created by Igor for us as this subject generated much discussion initially. You will find a few of the messages will be especially helpful. And of course you can post additional questions there as you go. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Err no. I don't think so - do I need it. Also, do I 'open file' or 'save to disc'?

Thanks

Choose (Self-extracting .exe file) rather than the .zip file! Much easier for you! If you Open it, PicturesToEXE will be installed 'on the fly'. And if you Save it, you must later start the installation yourself by double clicking on the file you saved (in that case you'd better save it on your Desktop, otherwise you may have trouble finding it again).

So stay away from the first download choice (the .zip file) and go for the self-extracting .exe file!

• 1 month later...