WnSoft Forums

Adding/Joining Edited Slides

orizaba

PTE 7.5.10

Big mess...!

Is it possible to add/join an edited slide from a PTE project to another PTE project (with same project options), without loosing all its edition parameters (keyframes, etc., included in its own O&A)?

This is because I am returning to a 2012 project of mine which I never completed because of a PTE error never explained by PTE support (has to do with PTE running on Windows7 64-bit).

I am now trying to overpass the situation as I must finish my project.

Thanks,

Jose

Jose,

Have you tried:

Open Old Project - copy slide.

Open New Project - Paste Slide

It works between V7.5.10 and V8.

DG

Thanks DG.

I didn't try yet.

Anyhow, problem is that such 2 projects are in 2 different computers (I missed to specify).

I wonder if I can make copy/paste of edited slide to a pendrive, and copy/paste from here to the project on other computer.

If not, solution could be to backup-zip complete project and copy/paste it to the second computer, unzip, and copy/paste the edited slide.

I will try soon.

Hello,

To copy and paste a project or part of a project to another is quite possible with PTE.

1-Open your project "A"

2-Select the storyboard the entire project or just part

3-Copy your selection

4-Click the menu "File" then "Open ..." and pick up your project "B"

5-Position your mouse to the place where you want to paste your project "A"

6-Click the right mouse button and click "Paste"

Your project or part of your project "A"

will be inserted instead.

I use very often this way of doing things.

Cèlou,

the method that you describe, is called the Hawk-method. It is a bit outdated now, but it still works, and it has been the typical method for copying slides in the older versions of PTE, which use for copying an internal clipboard. In the meantime, PTE copies slides via the Windows clipboard. So copying now works between projects that are open simultaneously; or you can copy some slides in project A, close A, then open project B and paste the part copied from A.

The problem in this thread refers to copying slides from one computer to another one.

Regards,

jt